It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

water at zero gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
pof.aip.org...

this is really cool. the effects of water a 0 gravity. Imagine the effects of the human body in a long term effect; being made mostly out of water. anyone ever find videos of fire at 0 gravity?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dvd500
anyone ever find videos of fire at 0 gravity?

That's a good question, dvd.

I found a micro gravity video, International Space University - Drop Tower Experiment 1 which is interesting.

It seems that the flame (from a candle) morphs into a ball much like water.

Also this,

Yes, can candle can burn in zero gravity. However, the flame is quite a bit different. Fire behaves differently in space and microgravity than on Earth.
A microgravity flame forms a sphere surrounding the wick. Diffusion feeds the flame with oxygen and allows carbon dioxide to move away from the point of combustion, so the rate of burning is slowed. The flame of a candle burned in microgravity is an almost invisible blue color (video cameras on Mir could not detect the blue color). Experiments on Skylab and Mir indicate the temperature of the flame is too low for the yellow color seen on Earth. continues chemistry.about.com

sanc

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Candle light under Zero Gravity

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I know this is OT but sanctum, that is the funniest avatar I have ever seen. I used to do that as a kid!!!

new topics

top topics

join