It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says Democrats Will Cost You Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado (CNN) -- President Bush devoted his last national radio address before critical elections to the economy, telling voters that a Democrat Congress would hit their pocketbooks.

"Democrats are still determined to raise taxes," Bush said from a coffee shop in Englewood, Colorado, in an unusual televised version of his weekly speech.

He predicted Democrats would block renewal of expiring tax legislation if they regained control of Congress.

Republicans -- who captured control of Congress in 1994 -- have a slim hold on both chambers. Democrats need a 15-seat pickup in Tuesday's elections to regain the House and a gain of six seats to reclaim the Senate.

"Americans are finding jobs and they're taking home more pay. The main reason for our growing economy is that we cut taxes," Bush said.

"I say it's a good economy right now."

Go Republicans!!

[edit on 5-11-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
What he fails to mention is that most of the jobs added are low-paying, service oriented jobs. Bush opened his big mouth on an area he thought he was strong in and is not. In fact, most of our higher paying jobs are being outsourced.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
And? Money is nothing compared to the constitution! And when the real un-employment rate is 24% he should STFU!

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Mr. Bush anyone following in your footsteps is going to cost money to make up for all the losses you have brought us..No matter who it is. Did you think that all this money spent, wasted and stolen is going to come from daddy's pocket?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with ThePieMan on this one. The mess that this government has made (I include both parties for a reason) is one that won't be fixed easily. Thngs may look peachy (sort of....maybe......) but in reality, the economic signs are pointing to something that really doesn't look good beyond the horizon. The US can't keep borrowing forever, Oil is still putting the squeeze on the consumer, and the duly elected polichickens (aka crooks, thieves, so on and so forth) in DC are so greedy as to ignore the problems and pocket as much as they can however they can (mudslinging included)

I'm just watching for the day when the rats start to flee the sinking ship....thats the day when I will really know just how much they care for those who entrusted them with the responsibility to protect them...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Not to mention that, even thoguh we dislike taxes, we need
taxes, since our government won't make it's own money,
and control inflation artificially.

Without taxes, there's no money for the government, which
means there's no money for government organizations that
are needed.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
DEms need 6 seats to get a majority and that is the number of the devil they are the sign that the anti-christ is comming!! We can stop this from happening!

It will cost us more than our money, it will cost you your soul!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The number of the devil is 666, not 6 by itself.

Quit scaremongering, just because you don't like Democrats,
you should'nt go about predicting armageddon just because
they come into power.

...theanti-christ is comming...

What do you mean coming? I've been around for quite some
time thank-you, I just choose to let your kind continue.

*That's a joke, since I'm sure atleast one person would'nt realise that.*

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Recant vile demon! Back into the recesses of the netherworld for whence thy came!
:
..:..
:
:

The end is near people, you see this child claiming to be the antichrist and we that it is just a ploy by the devil himself to disguise himself in the hearts of the gullible.

Vote Dem and forsake your souls!

[edit on 7-11-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

you see this child claiming to be the antichrist

Oy, don't call me a child, I'm an adult thank-you very much.

And I was kidding, you know humour?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Recant vile demon! Back into the recesses of the netherworld for whence thy came!
:
..:..
:
:

Ummmm, who exactly IS the demon? Bush?

And since you mention Democrats, then I have a question. Did Christ have an easy time on his path? Did the word of God get accepted into people's hearts very easily?

The answer of course is no, they both had to struggle and not just for a year or two, but for centuries. So, given that...what if the struggle the Republicans are facing on the world front really will create something good one day in the future?

How do we know that by giving up the struggle and taking on the push-button Democratic cure, that we are not siding with the devil? After all, doesn't he offer the easy way and you never see the problem until it's too late?

Just an interesting twist to the whole political/religious theory.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It will cost us more than our money, it will cost you your soul!

Vote Dem and forsake your souls!

Well this is the best reason I've heard so far coming from the right, but like all the other reasons it is not true.

I can actually imagine George Bush saying this in one of his stump speeches.

That is too funny.

[edit on 11/7/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I dont understand what is so funny ? We are talking about your soul here !

Zed
Ummmm, who exactly IS the demon? Bush?

What ? No, Bush is a republican. I was talking about how the devil takes peopleover and makes them want to become the anti-christ!

So, given that...what if the struggle the Republicans are facing on the world front really will create something good one day in the future?

I dont understand, thats what I am saying too. Siding with the Dems will only expedite the comming of the anti-christ and thats what is happening as more people side with the dems.

How do we know that by giving up the struggle and taking on the push-button Democratic cure, that we are not siding with the devil? After all, doesn't he offer the easy way and you never see the problem until it's too late?

Thats what I'm saying! The Dems are the path of the devil. It takes courage and strength to stand their deceit.
The republicans have always been stronger and always will be because no matter how many people vote for the dems, Gods vote is Rep and thats the only vote that matters!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The truth is, somebody is going to have to raise taxes in the US if they want to keep social security, medicare, and "decent" welfare.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
The truth is, somebody is going to have to raise taxes in the US if they want to keep social security, medicare, and "decent" welfare.

If you raise taxes, you get less revenue to the government. Lower taxes brings in more revenue. John F. Kennedy knew this, and campaigned for this.

So how would less revenue to the government be benificial to these social programs you have mentioned?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

So how would less revenue to the government be benificial to these social programs you have mentioned?

To pay for the deficit as well as to support the social programs, the age will have to be raised (it already has been raised to 67), taxes will have to increase (things are already increasing, such as the taxes on my personal property that is on my house went up 10K).

Like I said taxes will increase. It isn't something in the far future, it is already happening.

Tata

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
They already sucked the majority of American wallets dry through energy prices going through the roof and deflating the dollar 40% in the last 6 years. Tax increases would of been minor, compared to the huge debt service payments, current inflation and all bordering on a massive recession in a bubble economy.

Although many still think debt is wealth, and they are the same ones with a negative savings balance.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

join