It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iranian Missle Test!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So Iran simultaineously pulled a set of war-games from up their sleeve at the same time the US decided to have a huge naval war-game in the Persian Gulf. It's like War except no one is hitting anyone else, just firing off missles and guns.

I got this from DEBKAfile, a Jewish Media Association,
www.debka.com...

A senior American missile expert told DEBKAfile that the Iranians demonstrated up-to-date missile-launching technology which the West had not known them to possess. They also displayed unfamiliar warheads. But their most startling feat was the successful first test-fire of the long-range Shehab-3 with its cluster of tens of small bomblets, as DEBKAfile revealed Oct. 31. The entire range bore the imprint of new purchases from China.

This Shehab-3, whose 2,000-km range brings Israel, the Middle East and Europe within reach - may be more than a match for any anti-missile missile system in American, Israeli or European arsenals – depending critically on the point of its fragmentation. Some of its features are still an enigma in the West.

If the Shehab-3’s cluster separates close to target, the Israel-US Arrow has a chance to intercept it, but the Americans and Israelis have no defense against the multiple warhead if it separates at a distance.

Well it's official, they've got the missles that can do the dirt, soto speak. Iran could lash out in all directions with those longer range missles, and their hard for the US missle-defense technology to shoot down. I think its funny that Iran tested all these missles in response to naval war-games. I have to say, they're demonstrating their ability to fire back at a fleet of ships, should that fleet attack it via airplanes or cruise missles, accurately. It also wanted to show that it could hit Israel and EUROPE. Listen to what this Iranian official has to say about Europe. You European guys are going to love this:

Another point made by DEBKAfile’s sources is that the spectacular missile show may have been designed for European consumption as much as to impress the US and Israel. Rather than making a secret of the display, General Rahim Safavi, commander of the Revolutionary Guards, which staged the exercise, bragged that Iran had proved its ability to strike targets outside the Middle East. Europe, which Tehran sees as susceptible to such threats, was being warned that it would be first in line for a backlash from a US or Israeli strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities.

Iran announced its war game Wednesday night, Nov. 1, in response to the to the US-led naval movements and buildup in the in the Red Sea (see separate item).

Some of the other missiles tested in the exercise were the Shehab-2, Aolfaqar-73, Fateh-110, Scud B and Zelzal-2.

General Safavi just said right there that any attack on Iranian nuclear facilities would be treated in kind with Iran launching missles at European countries! They say if we hit them, they'll hit our friend, soto speak. Thats kinda lame, if you ask me. So what do you think about these new tests? I fear for Eastern Europe, the Mediteranian countries, and Israel. All of which are in the range of those missles .. hmm..

[edit on 11/4/2006 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Shabab 3 with conventional warheads would not be dangerous. Those "multiple warheads" are in fact small bomblets similar to MLRS ones - those are not very powerfull and are definitely not very cost effective way to attack enemy... In fact it is not much more than very costly MLRS rocket. They could cause a little casualties but structures would mostly remain intact. And of course such multiple warheads would be copletely ineffective against ships - we are talking about 2 kg heavy bomblets those would not even scratch most ships in service. They are like insects - they bite but cannot do serious harm.

Unitary warhead could be more dangerous, but it requires some kind of guidance (that could be jammed) and it is also easier to shot down. The only threat would be if they used chmical substances in those bomblets but in this case they would surely experience massive nuclear retaliation.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This topic is being discussed here complete with pictures of the missiles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

A senior American missile expert told DEBKAfile that the Iranians demonstrated up-to-date missile-launching technology which the West had not known them to possess.

I'd like to challenge this point, could they be any more vague and unsubstantiated? My senior missile experts are telling me I can easily reach the moon with my bottle rocket.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I'd like to challenge this point, could they be any more vague and unsubstantiated? My senior missile experts are telling me I can easily reach the moon with my bottle rocket.

wicked
what fuel does your bottle use?
normal fizy drink or water?
and would you strap it to your back or stick it up the kahoot?

back to topic from sarcastic reply to a sarcastic reply

this isnt a suprise iran have been devloping missiles with the aid or north korea,china and russia for decades now, copying the designs or developing from those designs

new topics

top topics

join