It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Never Fails Us? GOD!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Which of the following categories do you fall into?

1) A believer in God and that God never fails.
2) A believer in God and that God sometimes fails.
3) A believer in God and that God mostly fails.
4) A believer in God and that God always fails.
5) An agnostic and might believe that God never fails.
6) An agnostic and might believe that God sometimes fails.
7) An agnostic and might believe that God mostly fails.
8) An agnostic and might believe that God always fails.
9) An atheist.

I believe that I am in category 1 with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength!!!

and i shall be until i come across/have shown to me some real evidence that god exists

i understand faith in people that i know, but i don't even have any reason to believe that a diety exists, so i refuse to have faith in it

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Seems like some think God = Santa Claws, heh?

queenannie38, I am simple but not that simple. May all of us have a little bit of the spirit of the fictional but conceptually awesome Santa Claus this Christmas season. In addition to family and friends, maybe we can give to the truly needy this year such as the foodless, medical-care-less, shelterless, clothesless, blind, deaf, mute, sick, ill, diseased...

God Bless!!!

I was not speaking of you, directly, my love! And it was more of a philosophically ironic observation, nothing more. I probably shouldn't have said it, at all.

Sorry if I made you feel bad or feel targeted - I truly didn't mean to! I love you!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Which of the following categories do you fall into?

1) A believer in God and that God never fails.
2) A believer in God and that God sometimes fails.
3) A believer in God and that God mostly fails.
4) A believer in God and that God always fails.
5) An agnostic and might believe that God never fails.
6) An agnostic and might believe that God sometimes fails.
7) An agnostic and might believe that God mostly fails.
8) An agnostic and might believe that God always fails.
9) An atheist.

I believe that I am in category 1 with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength!!!

and i shall be until i come across/have shown to me some real evidence that god exists

i understand faith in people that i know, but i don't even have any reason to believe that a diety exists, so i refuse to have faith in it

madnessinmysoul, I believe you will reach the day where you will believe in and love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength more than any human in history. You will reach that day.

I was an atheist, until 11 years ago when "lightning" struck my brain. I have been an incontrovertible believer in God ever since. And He never fails!!!

God Bless!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is a stupid argument. First you say that humans fail to deliver and then you say god delivers throught humans ?? Thats like saying pray but the people who will do anything for you will fail you because after all they are human!

Anyway, I am a devoutly religious, I believe truly and fully in the one true GOD that I know can help me when I want him to and that GOD is ME.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Seems like some think God = Santa Claws, heh?

queenannie38, I am simple but not that simple. May all of us have a little bit of the spirit of the fictional but conceptually awesome Santa Claus this Christmas season. In addition to family and friends, maybe we can give to the truly needy this year such as the foodless, medical-care-less, shelterless, clothesless, blind, deaf, mute, sick, ill, diseased...

God Bless!!!

I was not speaking of you, directly, my love! And it was more of a philosophically ironic observation, nothing more. I probably shouldn't have said it, at all.

Sorry if I made you feel bad or feel targeted - I truly didn't mean to! I love you!

Everybody should Love to Love. You do this quite well, queenannie38.

Blessings of Love!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
When we need food, who fails us? Humans do.
I've never ever seen food materialize out of thin air, nor drop from the sky, nor materalize by any means other than myself coming up with the money to purchase it through working. God never helped me when I was hungry

When we need shelter, who fails us? Humans do.
I was never whisked away on clouds to shelter. With my own two hands I can build shelter or work to afford shelter. God doesnt cut the logs for the shelter or do my work for me to afford shelter.

When we need clothing, who fails us? Humans do.
When I need clothing I buy it, with that same money that feeds and shelters me, you know that stuff that God never helped me make right.

When we need medical care, who fails us? Humans do.
When I'm sick I drink fluids, keep warm or cool as needed and take the necessary medications to get healthy again. Last I checked it was the doctors that found the medicines that cure me, and my own good sense that keeps me hydrated and well, not God.

When we need words of comfort, who fails us? Humans do.
When I need words of comfort I think of the good job I do providing for myself and living my life. God doesnt come down and pat me on the back and say "Good job living man, I'm proud of you".

When we need words of consolation, who fails us? Humans do.
When I'm upset I talk to friends, write, play guitar or otherwise pour out whats bothering me. Never called up God's secretary and booked a 2pm appointment to have him analyze my brains and tell me that I have problems with communication and need to be more open with others; thats what shrinks are for.

Who Never Fails Us? GOD!!!
Call me crazy but this God whos supposed to be the all-knowing, provider for the world and generally great guy hasn't done much of anything for me. He doesnt provide me with money, food, clothes, shelter, or much of anything else. I'm sorry but thinking that some metaphysical being is going to shell out and fix all your problems is just being lazy and not doing for yourself today what you hope he will do for you tomorrow.

So please GreatTech, tell me where God has in fact NOT failed me?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Helig, God is Spiritual, and He never Spiritually fails. Humans are frequently materially-oriented, and they always fail materially. Only by embracing the Spiritual world, can we enter God's world and always succeed at what God commands us and live Eternally.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I will give my belief on this issue

I'm not the most religious person in the world, im working on it(going to join Catholic Church soon)

I believe that God never fails, or ever will. He is God and is Perfect.

Why doesn't God feed starving children in the world? Why doesn't he help people in poverty? Why does he allow suffering in this world, to his children and all of creation?

One simple answer: We threw it all away, in the Garden of Eden. There was a time when he did these things, but we threw it away. Eden was heaven on earth, perfection.
God doesn't fail us. We fail God!!! We fail God by not feeding the poor, not clothing the naked. This is not God's responsibility, we made it ours when we decided not to listen to him.

Although none of you mentioned this, I am going to say it now, because i'm tired of hearing people bring it up. No amount of money in this world is going to end poverty, because of sin. If we donated money to countries that needed it, more than likely their government would keep it for themselves as they have done. Because of the nature of man, since the Garden of Eden, these things will always be present in our world, sort of the natural effect of disobeying God. The only way to eliminate these things in the world is for everyone to obey God, do as he says, Ten Commandments and all, and the natural order of things would take care of themselves and all problems solved, as everyone would love everyone, no one would sin against each other etc.

I read a report somewhere, actually done by some part of the government, not sure which, done as a kind of "for fun" type thing, that if all the Ten Commandments were followed the economy and society would be perfect. I think Greenspan even commented on it. I'll try to find it for you.
Just take one of the Commandments, like "Thou shalt not steal" or "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife." Look into the costs of courts, police, jails or things like divorce courts for the second one, and lawyers. If everyone just followed one of the Commandments, society and the Economy would improve tenfold by tenfold.

I know i went off on a wild tangent there, hope you can all understand it(im kinda tired), but it's just food for thought.

Feel free to comment, i would like to hear other's views on this.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by soshootme
One simple answer: We threw it all away, in the Garden of Eden. There was a time when he did these things, but we threw it away. Eden was heaven on earth, perfection.
God doesn't fail us. We fail God!!! We fail God by not feeding the poor, not clothing the naked. This is not God's responsibility, we made it ours when we decided not to listen to him.

What kind of sick and twisted person would not help people who are they see suffering ? all for the sake of a damn apple ? And if this god is benovelent then how come he hasnt seen it worthy to forgive humanity ? Any true father would never let his child suffer for even if the child wrongs him, but apparently God is not so kind even after millions have died in his name and millions beseech him ?? What divinity is this ? Either he can do nothing or he chooses to do nothing, either way God is useless.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
And that's why I love fanatics... "God told me to bomb the heretics and non- believers to hell.", "I am doing Gods work."

In their mind, the fanatics all percieve to be doing gods work and are not responsible for own their actions as God is working through them to make the world a better place.

Take responisblity for your own actions, failings and perseptions and stop using God as an excuse.

When someone believes that God controls everything, they have become too proud and arrogant and think that all actions and events are directed by God, and therefore can never be wrong. It is all in Gods perfect plan, the good and the bad.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, your actions are not your own.
(hmmm... sure makes me want to become a fanatic myself... but I think I will give it a pass.)

[edit on 7-11-2006 by ixiy]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
God huh? All knowing...All powerful... Never let's us down??

Cause of every war since time began? God/Religion

Child abuse, child rape/torture - God allows this? Or is he punishing someone? Sick.

Famine, Genecide, natural disasters like Katrina.. God is ok with this? Sick.

GOD IS A MYTH...if you believe it, you are either dim or naive.

It's time to wake up. Only YOU can save yourself... stop being a sheep and start being a shephard. Find your own way in life, don't rely on a non-existant God.

If you really have to pray, pray you never need God to save your life...cos he's not in...ever.

R

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So he doesnt fail us in some metaphysical sense that has jack all to do with us actually living, but as for everything else he cant be bothered to do anything? Heres a little something thats been bothering me...

Never cross God unless you expect or want punishment.

So your saying hes a vengeful god that mets out punishment where necessary right? So explain to me why murderes, rapists, child molesteres and the rest of the scum on this planet dont just magically dissapear into a puff of smoke and some blinding light as he hurls them to the depts of Hell?

God is Spiritual, and He never Spiritually fails. Humans are frequently materially-oriented, and they always fail materially. Only by embracing the Spiritual world, can we enter God's world and always succeed at what God commands us and live Eternally.

So basically we take the red pill we are on the road to easy, dont gotta do nothing but show up for church every sunday. You say we are material oreinted, and its true because we need certain things to live. We cannot shun those material things or we would surely die from exposure, starvation, hydration, etc and as we all know the bible says that suicide is a unforgivable sin. So the bible is ok with this materialism that you seem to take issue with GT. Sure we can embrace the spiritual world as you mention but first and foremost comes the need to live, lest we expire in the previously mentioned manner and miss the buss to Heaven.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
God did forgive us I believe, I think his name was (in English) Jesus Christ.

Once again, God does not "allow" these things to happen. We do.

I think that that apple had a little more entailed than just being A Yummy Delicious Red Apple. I believe the story is figurative, metaphorical, that we at some point disobeyed God, and, well, through away his grace.

God does not work in the way that you all want him to. He will not give you a Mercedes cause you asked him for one, and he will not solve the worlds problems cause you asked him to. He does not work this way.
I can see where you are all coming from, and why you would not understand this. I hope you all realize, sooner than later, that all the problems in this world are not here as a result of God's injustice, it is our own damned fault, and it is up to us to sort it out. You all are the one's using God as an excuse, "this isn't our fault. If only God would just listen to us and solve our problems(crying begins)."

I believe it also has to do with the fact that God does not have to listen to us, we cannot tell him what to do. If we ask him for something, he does not have to listen to us if he doesn't want to. This is one reason why he told the Jews his name was YHWH (I Am Who AM), because that is not his actual name, but its the one he gave us. To call someone by their name, do you not exert a little power over them by calling their name(you grab their attention, etc.)

Just realize that everything wrong in this world is OUR FAULT. None of this is a result of what God has or has not done, it is our fault. Once again, we threw away God's graces.

HE IS NOT PUNISHING ANYONE. WE ARE PUNISHING OURSELVES AS A RESULT OF OUR SINS. all these problems are caused by us, have been caused by us, and always will be caused by us.

God did forgive us, through Jesus Christ. And if you believe God is all-seeing, etc., this has all been taken care of if you believe in final judgement. In God's eyes, as he sees all things all at one time(he exists outside the plain of time) then at the same time people are killing each other jesus is dying on the cross. At the same time abortions are being committed, He is restoring his kingdom on Earth in the Final Days. We are committing our sins at the same time we are being judged. We can never understand how and why he works, and we will not understand any of this until we exist with him in eternity. Then we shall see everything, he will show us everything, and then we will finally be revealed to the folly of man and the perfectness of God.

He has not wronged us, we have wronged ourselves.

i rest my case

also is it God/Religion's fault for all the wars in history. Or is it man's use of religion that has caused war. God does not wish this, i can guarantee it. Stop confusing God with our faults and the problems we have caused.

Stop denying the fact that everything wrong in this world is our fault, not God's.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by soshootme]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There is no God. Get it. When you die, you will exist on a different plane of existence. You wont be in heaven or hell. You will just be a form of energy 'floating arnd' in a higher dimension.

Religion is man-made for control over people.

God was the term used by man to describe extra-terrestials when they first came to earth. There is no higher diety. There are other beings from different dimensions and thats it. Humans live in the 3rd dimension.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

madnessinmysoul, I believe you will reach the day where you will believe in and love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength more than any human in history. You will reach that day.

I was an atheist, until 11 years ago when "lightning" struck my brain. I have been an incontrovertible believer in God ever since. And He never fails!!!

God Bless!!!

yeah....

i spent the majority of my life as a theist
it made 0 sense to me then, as it does now

so, i'm about 100% sure that god doesn't exist
and i'm 90% sure that the historical figure jesus of nazareth didn't exist

sorry, but i'm never going to buy into religion

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

God Bless!!!

yeah....

i spent the majority of my life as a theist
it made 0 sense to me then, as it does now

so, i'm about 100% sure that god doesn't exist
and i'm 90% sure that the historical figure jesus of nazareth didn't exist

sorry, but i'm never going to buy into religion

Right on, fellow non-believer.

Religion is nothing but trouble. People who dont follow any religion are still good members of society with their own sense of wats right and wrong. A book or prophet shouldnt tell us how to live and what is right or wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I posted it twice by accident, so here's some dancin men to lighten the mood.

[edit on 8/11/06 by byhiniur]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

is god a master loan-shark?
because that's how it sounds to me
create beings, force them to repay you for something they didn't ask for
if they don't pay up, have some guy torture them for eternity

What do you think of this GT?

It's obvious that the majority of problems you mentioned are caused by people, but just saying God doesn't let us down doesn't mean your right. Saying God is always there for you is such a vague statement that its left meaningless. Do you mean he talks to you, helps you carry your shopping home or strikes down enemies with furious vengance? Or has he put you on top of a high pole and he won't let you down?

I'm an atheist but I don't think religion should be banned, like other atheists I know; some people need crutches, others don't.

Have you read any Kierkegarrd? Alot of the things mentioned hear remind me of what he's teaching.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Who just failed you? GOD!!!!

Yup. Since you are such a firm beliver. He should have atleast assisted you on this forum in proving his identity. He could have maybe shown some divine sign. But heck no. Here you are trying to prove the power of the almighty while he (if he exists) is just chillin in his crib and not caring for the trouble you are going through. Looks like he failed you.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
Who just failed you? GOD!!!!

Yup. Since you are such a firm beliver. He should have atleast assisted you on this forum in proving his identity. He could have maybe shown some divine sign. But heck no. Here you are trying to prove the power of the almighty while he (if he exists) is just chillin in his crib and not caring for the trouble you are going through. Looks like he failed you.

God has never failed me.

Everybody finds wisdom. When you find wisdom, you will realize that He has never failed you or anybody else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join