It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myserious Cape Otway and Frederick Valentich (Photos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you have heard of the Frederick Valentich UFO disappearance.

I went to Cape Otway lighthouse yesterday and took some photos. See below.

You can see a map of where Cape Otway is in Australia here (bottom) www.kises.co.kr...

Read up on the disappearance here: (GREAT SITE!)
members.ozemail.com.au...

The transcript between him and Melbourne shortly before his disappearance, and before the strange noise is interesting. Scroll to the middle of the vfors site above for the transcript.

I find it this even more interesting: "At 6:45 p.m., just 21 minutes before Pilot Valentich radioed Melbourne Flight Service that he was encountering an unknown aircraft, Roy Manifold, of Melbourne, photographed on 35mm film, an object hurtling in a blur of speed and mist out of the water near Cape Otway lighthouse."

You can read that at the vufors site above. I've included a shot of the coastline there. UFO's coming out of the water? Wowzers... Anyone know where to find this photo??

Photos I took yesterday:

img204.imageshack.us...
img155.imageshack.us...
img177.imageshack.us...

Note the "Property of the Valentich Family" on the plaque

atl

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
okay this doesn't make any sense at all i mean wtf is tht you trying tell us

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I dont think he is trying to tell us anything, just trying to bring something very interesting to our attention. Living in Canada, there is no way I would be able to see that plaque so thankyou Ed

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I think its an interesting topic. The transcript is amazing, and the "fact" someone photographed a ufo coming out of the water 20mins beforehand is astonishing... at least to someone living in Melbourne
We don't get so much UFO stuff here, and to think this happened just a few hours away is cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ED_209
and the "fact" someone photographed a ufo coming out of the water 20mins beforehand is astonishing

Any links so we can see this pic Ed?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I wish I could find a pic of this thing coming out of the water...I'm sure someone has it - but this is 1978, a little before the digital camera revolution!

I mean, if some non-CT photographer says this happened back in 1978, that the UFO came out of the water, it makes me more inclined to believe it when I hear it from modern theorists today.

I went swimming in the same area (before I knew of this), and, well, it just does give you the feeling that this whole place is just so old and so full of mystery. The whole environment seems so prehistoric and untouched.

I wonder if one of those so-called subterranean enterances is under the water here? The rock faces, cliffs, the rocks on the beach and further out breaking against the water in the sea give a real feeling of being hmm how to say... like it would'nt be that crazy of an idea if there was a crack in this rock (its cracked everywhere anyway) which leads underground, somewhere under the ocean. The whole place just seems like one big cracked rock.

Oh yeah - the original post was'nt to let loose a theory, but simply to show those people about this who have'nt heard of it before, and those who have, give them some photos taken only yesterday of the area, and the plaque which they probably have'nt seen. Remember this is government ground.

Interestingly, there was a note on a tall modern radio tower in the same public grounds which had a note "Clue 1: go to the radio bunker" which is where I found this plaque. Did'nt find anymore clues though. Can post a pic of the radio tower if anyone wants.

OH - YOU SHOULD READ THE TRANSCRIPT!!!!

A snippet (read the full thing at link above, its amazing):
1911 DSJ Melbourne, would you know what kind of aircraft I've got? Is it a military aircraft?
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, Confirm the - er ~ aircraft just vanished.
DSJ Say again.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, is the aircraft still with you?
DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet; it's (open microphone for two seconds) now approaching from the south-west.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet
1911:50 DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, the engine is rough-idling. I've got it set at twenty three twenty-four and the thing is coughing.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what are your intentions?
DSJ My intentions are - ah - to go to King Island - ah - Melbourne. That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and it's not an aircraft.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet.
1912:28 DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet. Melbourne (open microphone for seventeen seconds).

No official conclusion has been given for the strange sound which was heard that interrupted the last statement of the pilot.

A copy of this radio conversation would be great... I'm sure someone in Australia has it... maybe I should go hunting? READ THE FULL THING AT THE SITE ABOVE (VUFORS) its bloody unreal.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by ED_209]

[edit on 5-11-2006 by ED_209]

top topics

join