It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 ?? Old hat !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Anyone else out there heard that Area 51 is old, old news and that there is an island out in the Pacific (might even be Wake Island) that is now used for all sneaky beaky flight tests ?
By the way, GREAT site and thanks for letting me be a member. I've got a few things i'd like to share with you all in the next little while. Including a Morphin sighting in northern iraq.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It could be Diego Garcia which has a huge airbase, and I believe its one of the few places the B2s will land if need be.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I hadn't thought of D.G. but you are right on that. With Wake, it doesn't have a very long runway. Although i noticed on Google that there is an island way up off the Hawaiian chain that has an airport but the resolutionon the pic is lousy. A case of it being too unimportant or too important to have a clear one ...?

On another note: can anyone tell me if the US Corps of Engineers still does a lot of the secret Govt works or do they just project manage and let civillian contractors in on the act ?
Cheers all

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Area 51 is anything but old hat. Over the past year or two it has expanded whith new and extended hangars and some unidentified construction. A new taxiway was constructed before that in 2002 I think.

It is still a very secure test location even with the myth and lore that surrounds it.

I would be very interested to hear about your morphing sighting in Iraq as this is an area that I am particularly interested in (see thread Skunkworks Morphing UAV to be Launched from Sub)

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There isn't much on Wake Island. The 300 people that work there were evacuated before it was blasted by a hurricane a couple months ago. The infrastructure was pretty much destroyed.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
George, I have posted about the morphing sighting on a new thread. I'll do the same about the propulsion system when i get time.
Limey

new topics

top topics

join