It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Neo Architects of the War policy admit it's a disaster-Vanity Fair Article Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You have no idea of the repercussions of this. I can imagine a million freeper heads exploding at once reading this article. After all this gloating of their icons of this policy and now they admit defeat in printed publication.

Perle/Frum/Addleman basically say "It's failed"

This has to infuriate Cheney and Rumsfeld. Bush is probably making his aides choke up dry heaves if they tell him about this. I wonder what Wolfowitz thinks of this. He has been M.I.A. in commenting on the Iraq policy. The speechwriter of "Axis of Evil" has run for them thar hills as well. Absolutely incredible. This article is a perfect critical thinking exercise for aftershocks to neo conservative think tanks around America. Perle says, "He would never invade Iraq" Oh my god...
So many quotables in this piece.

Vanity Fair Article-Neo Culpa

P.S. these pictures of Perle, Cheney,Rice, Rumsfeld are beyond creepy. This is the white house photographer for the administration? Jeez, get a new photographer

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 4-11-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How about this doozy from Adelman-

Kenneth Adelman: "The most dispiriting and awful moment of the whole administration was the day that Bush gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to [former C.I.A. director] George Tenet, General Tommy Franks, and [Coalition Provisional Authority chief] Jerry [Paul] Bremer—three of the most incompetent people who've ever served in such key spots. And they get the highest civilian honor a president can bestow on anyone! That was the day I checked out of this administration. It was then I thought, There's no seriousness here, these are not serious people. If he had been serious, the president would have realized that those three are each directly responsible for the disaster of Iraq."

I am telling you the phone is ringing off the hook on Capitol Hill. This article is reverberating everywhere in private. This is the guy who was infamously quoted before the war ""I believe demolishing Hussein's military power and liberating Iraq would be a cakewalk."

Can you imagine Rumsfeld's reaction to this?

Kenneth Adelman: "The problem here is not a selling job. The problem is a performance job.… Rumsfeld has said that the war could never be lost in Iraq, it could only be lost in Washington. I don't think that's true at all. We're losing in Iraq.… I've worked with [Rumsfeld] three times in my life. I've been to each of his houses, in Chicago, Taos, Santa Fe, Santo Domingo, and Las Vegas. I'm very, very fond of him, but I'm crushed by his performance. Did he change, or were we wrong in the past? Or is it that he was never really challenged before? I don't know. He certainly fooled me."

Oh man.... when Donny reads that, he's gonna smash his fist through his architect table.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Quite a revealing article.
Too bad you don't hear about it in the MSM that much.
I'd love to hear the GOP spin this. LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I find this article coming out of "Vanity Fair" surprising because the editor of this mag has been a Bush apologist/supporter ever since W was elected.

Why the change of heart? Is it a case of rats deserting a sinking ship or truth finally being recognized even by the ideologically challenged.

My vote: Rats. and Schaden, the MSN will pick this little tidbit up very soon, intime for the elections.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Nice find.
Wasnt it vanity fair that recently ran some articles on Loose Change?

new topics

top topics

join