It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska Map Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Guys, I just happened to find this on my new google map program. I figured it was some kind of glitch but as my curiosity was peaked I started looking at other satellite maps & ALL MAPS OF THIS AREA IN ALASKA is blacked out except the ones with poor (less than 1000 meter) resolution
Does anyone have any ideas of what the area is??
This area is 3 miles wide & 26.5 miles long
Or use 62-10-14.52 north by 141-07-56.41 west

See one map here: Source Globe Explorer Map on Terraserver
www.terraserver.com...

Another here from MDA Earth Sat
www.terraserver.com...

Google Earth has it blacked out too but the link won't post for me here, look there though too...

Anyone have any ideas?
The Blackout Area outline could cover a nice SUPER long runway..

I Await & look forward to your ideas..
Ziggy

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That's weird to say the least.

I guess it could either be a glitch or censorship. Outside of going to the site yourself I don't know if any conclusions can be made from the image alone.

I tried to get another look at the site from Google maps, but the level of detail that's available doesn't help any...

Google Maps

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This might well be the location for the HAARP array.

It's supposed to be situated close to a Liquid Gas field run by BP which is used to power the device. Allthough these facilities are further north in Alaska so who knows, either way its blanked out for a good reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I found a similar blacked out area in the middle of Greenland using Google Earth at the following coordinates...
68°59'12.67"N
42° 2'4.15"W

My gut feeling is that it's a glitch rather then censorship. I'm just saying that because using a color that distinctly contrasts the surrounding area doesnt make that much sense. In the case of Greenland they could have easily used white instead of black and it would have been much less noticeable.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I found a similiar blacked out strip on google in the same area.

img137.imageshack.us...

Looks like a black bar was painted on the image of the terrain, which was mapped onto to the 3d surface.

img300.imageshack.us...

[edit on 15-11-2006 by Freezer]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
With the technology they have to take photos like that from space, I think if they had something to hide there they could do a lot better than a black bar. It looks like a piece of tape that was used to keep the two separate sheets together while they scanned it onto the computer.
No I dunno, but I do think if there was something to hide they would do a slightly better job than that. That's like putting a sign on Area 51 that says, "This base does not exist! Do not enter!"

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Good work finding this stuff. I wonder if there is members here from Alaska that can help us with the area? I would not be surprised that HAARP is part of this as it is one of the control systems tops installations in the world right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think this may have come up here before a while ago but I cant find the thread.

The conclusion last time seemed to be that when GE or any satellite imaging site puts together images they come in square or slightly trapezium shapes and sometimes the squares dont quite meet up resulting in an area not being imaged and left black. Could possibly be something to do with being near the poles since similar ones seem to have been found in Greenland too.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just done a quick search on Google for HAARP, and came up with the "official" website for HAARP, including pictures, information, maps and coordinates for the location.

HAARP website

Had a look on GE, and it's right on an overlap of bad/good quality pics. But you can see the antennas clearly.

HAARP pic
HAARP pic 2

So I don't think the blacked out area has anything to do with HAARP, like it has been said before, probably a glitch in software manipulation, or human error.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ok, before you guys start assuming that there really are secret bases, and hidden facilities built away into Alaska, ponder this

Are you positive that you can fully put 100% trust into google earth? and other viewing programs?

What proof do you have that there are "hidden facilites" lieing below these faults in the data?

think about it, thats all im asking

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boywhowaits
ok, before you guys start assuming that there really are secret bases, and hidden facilities built away into Alaska, ponder this

Are you positive that you can fully put 100% trust into google earth? and other viewing programs?

What proof do you have that there are "hidden facilites" lieing below these faults in the data?

think about it, thats all im asking

Most people have thought about that. Not everyone, infact no one, has said that they are 100% postive that there are secret bases under the block-outs! People have just suggested that as a possible solution but about an equal number have suggested its a glitch. I dont really understand who your comments were aimed at.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What i guess i'm trying to ask is what could be under the blacked out areas ASIDE from the obvious to us, aka something other then conspiracy...

i'm just trying to eliminate possibilities

new topics

top topics

join