It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! My body has been invaded! Need suggestions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That nasty, annoying little bug called the cold virus has invaded my body. My nose is going from completely stuffed to dripping and running like no tomorrow. My head feels clouded and achy. My throat is a bit sore and I've got a cough.

I'm taking vitamin c. Drinking tons of HAWT tea with lemon, and will later enjoy some chicken soup...

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Preferably those that don't come down to pills and all that (last resorts, imo).

What do you do to help you through a cold?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Get prescription cough syrup that contains either codeine or hydrocodone.

It's the only thing that works for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

For a cold???? Dude, I need to start going to your doctor.

My doctor would tell me to suck it up and get some NyQuil or something. He doesn't give out the good stuff unless one of your limbs was hanging off or you've coughed up a spleen.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Parhesia,
I don`t mean to rub it in but:

I don`t get colds,coughs,flu.Ever.

Why?
Because i do not believe that i am susceptible to them.
Also i never take pain killers or cough medicine.

Unfortunately,i cannot explain how this has come about-all i know is about 15 years ago i stopped getting colds etc.
Now every time Anyone in my house or at work gets a cold,they try to give it to me,
by sneezing on me and stuff.
And every time i do not catch the cold,it makes my beliefs stronger.
My Dads really bad at presuming hes gonna catch colds-and thus this becomes his reality.

The only thing i do differently to some people is avoid all meat,and as many food additives that i can.Maybe thats enough?

Get well soon anyways,

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I usually drink a lot of water, that's all.
No meds, pills or whatever.

Ah, and there's this particular drink that my mom says it's the best for flu cases:
Water, Honey, Garlic and Lemon Juice.
I really don't know how to make this, but what shes does is, put all together in a glass and let it rest for 1 day at least. And then, you drink about 3 tea spoons of it every 5 hours, or something like that, I'm really not sure

Anyway, it's just for extreme cases so I think you won't need it.

Have "fun" with your flu! xD
See ya!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
For a cold???? Dude, I need to start going to your doctor.

YESSIR!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For the runny nose, break it. Take a book and slam your nose. If you do it right, the nose will bend in such a way, that no more running!

But of course, I'm no doctor, so I wouldn't recommend my remedy.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
parrhesia

Have you heard of the Zicam swabs?

A gel that contains zinc is on a swab that you apply through the nose.
Supposedly it speeds up recovery time. 3 times faster they say.

It's not a pill, but it's not the most natural remedy either.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Your drippy nose is already doing more for you than anything else can by expelling the stuff that's making you miserable. But drink orange all through the day. As soon as you finish one glass fill another and just keep sipping orange juice all day.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Whenever I get a cold, generally when you first feel it, put on some warm pyjamas or something (T-shirt or anything suitable) go to bed and sweat it out.
It works everytime for me, maybe it will work for you!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It's the only thing that works for me.

Yep, What is it called? Prometh with Codeine? I think that was what I was prescribed last time.

For all those that quoted this and wanted this doctor, I ask you this. What is the point of having a private doctor if he isn't going to do what you tell him to do?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Aww how horrible i hope you feel better real quick,

I find that Eucalyptus Oil really helps, rubbed in to the chest or just to sniff, its helps unclog,

also get some Vic's and make a steam bowl with a towel over your head, will just help you get some of it out of your nose easier,

Hopefully you can prevent it giving you bad headache, as i always get that when my sinus gets clogged,

Lots or water and rest it out,

Hopefully you will be good as new soon,

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Alot of eople have already said drink lot's of fluid. Personally I think that's the way to go.

But if anyone tells you to try some rum with honey and lemon juice...for the love of god, don't listen to them!:shk:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

I find that Eucalyptus Oil really helps, rubbed in to the chest or just to sniff, its helps unclog,

That's what I use too. I make a witches brew, out of water and eucalyptus oil, juniper berries...brew it..put it on a hot pad and put a towels over me head and breath it it. Keep your eyes closed though!!!!

Also, I always make my kids Orange Julius when they have colds.

1/2 can frozen oj
1/4 sugar
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 -10 ice cubes mix it up in the blender.

My kids swear that helps them..because of the Vit C in the OJ

[edit on 11/4/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ive got some codeine painkillers, if I take them for a day then Im not taking a dump for 2 or 3 days.

Its a bit of a side effect so I hope for your sake that it doesnt affect you in the same way!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

So far I've been drinking lots of water, tons of tea (green jasmine, andkasmine lemongrass) with lemon, a couple cups of chicken soup and approx 2500 mg of Vitamin C. I am beginning to feel better - my headache is gone and my throat is no longer sore. Right now my symptoms are a cough and a terribly stuffed/leaky nose. I'm thinking of trying the Eucalyptus suggestion and am going to have a hot bath. Goal is to be feeling tons better by Monday.

Boy am I glad I don't smoke anymore. I'd be feeling even worse.

Keep the suggestions coming!!!

jensouth, that shake sounds great!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Silcone Synapse said it best, if you believe (truly believe) that you're getting better, you will. Without a doubt.
Other options that work very good......
1. Warm some wine till it's just starting to steam, slam it as quick as possible and go to bed and wrap up with lots of blankets and sweat it out. I've done this and it works wonders.
2. Get a 6 volt battery, attach 2 wires to the springs on the top, strip the other ends about 2 inches and wrap them with terry cloth and secure with rubber bands. Wet the terry cloth with water and place them on opposite wrists. secure with ace bandages or however you see fit. Reverse the battery connection every 5 minutes to a total of about an hour. Do this 3 or four times a day. You will see a noticeable improvement by the second day. I've also done this and it works amazingly fast.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, looks like I'm a threadkiller..... lol

I thought someone would at least flame me.
Seriously though, the two things I said really work.
For the second one, you can check "microelectricitygermkiller" at yahoo groups.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
jensouth, that shake sounds great!

It is really good... and you don't have to be sick to make it. I hope you try it, I think you'll like it.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Only one thing really works for me...

Go to the Gym and get in the "DRY" Sauna...

Sweat all of those impurities out and you will feel instantly better...

Semper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join