It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryopreservation/Cryogenics, take it or leave it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thats the question!

Cryonics Institute

What do you think.

Take it or leave it?

I mean all the different subjects that are discussed here on ATS which are disregarded as far-fetched and not within our scientific capabilities could be available in the distant future for us to come back and experience when the technology is available to revive us.

Space/Interplanetary travel?

Time travel?

Free energy?

World peace?

Is this an option to make our dreams come true?

How long would You want to stay frozen?

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Space/Interplanetary travel?
We already have this... but really, why be frozen for 50 years so you can fly to the Moon or Mars or Mercury. If you aren't happy on earth I doubt being on Jupiter would appease you.

Time travel?
This is impossible, but say it isn't see above.

Free energy?
We already have this... go to B&Q, buy yourself a wind turbine and, if your lucky enough to have a stream running through your garden, a water turbine, and your set ofr all the ATS surfing you want free of charge (after all the other fees).

World peace?
Seriously...

Is this an option to make our dreams come true?
No, unless your dream is to exist for the longest amount of time or to walk the world at a certain time in the future. Dreams will only be fufilled through hardwork and luck.

How long would You want to stay frozen?
0 secs.

I would be frozen if all my friends and family were frozen and the scientist could gaurantee I'd be bought back in a time with no money. But wouldn't you be scared that they bring you back alive only to tell you all your organs had been replaced as other people needed them while you were frozen. They knew you wouldn't need them while you played popsicle so they just borrowed them, only thing is they were all worn out so you have knew ones... who knows what tomorrow holds; isn't it better to stand in the here and now and face up to it rather than be frozen in the vain attempt of being bought back to a utopia.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hell,who can afford it?
I certainly cannot.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Using the technology they use now, no I would'nt be cryogenically
frozen, however using the technolog that will be around when I'm
say 60, than I may do it, assuming immortality in some form is'nt
available.

If I could be frozen now, and know I'd be safely unfrozen, I'd be
frozen until 2106, an exact century.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
personally, the only time i would want to be frozen, is if i was diagnosed with a fatal disease, and if there was no chance of cure (yet). i personally belive that the government has a cure for most of the illnesses out there, but the pharmacutical companies make too much to release it. until the cure for whatever it was i had is released, then i wouldnt want to live in a world where i know i would be going to die early. i know a lot of people think that what i say is controversial (who am i to decided if i should live or die etc), but thats just my own opinion. but then, on the flip side, until the technology is as advance as you see on, for example, "Demolition Man", then i wouldnt trust it. i dont belive that they have the tech just yet, to do this successfully.

new topics

top topics

join