It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to do a backflip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
www.livescience.com...

The key is confidence

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I maintain that if I ever do a backflip, it'll be by sheer accident, and I'm fairly certain that I'll break something. Same thing with the splits...

(BTW, the video can't be viewed.. hafta purchase it. I watched the ad for those annoying push-to-talk phones and twiddled my thumbs for awhile before realizing that it wasn't going to play...)

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Diseria]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I was able to view it with no probs,

Oh i have had a good few accident doing back flips lol its the sort of thing my friends ask me to do as a party trick, not good after a few drinks,

DO not try this on the floor if you have not done one,

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Asala, I don't know how you did it, but I saw it this time! (Seriously, I waited for like 2 minutes and saw nothing after the ad!)

Did I get it right?

3 steps..

1- Arms straight up, knees at a 90 degree angle, jump straight up
2- tuck knees
3............ land?

I just don't know.. I like the fact that I have 2 feet, and that, for the most part, they stay on the ground. Any time that they don't, I get hurt.

Funny thing about the ground tho... it's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the end.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If anyone is actually kinda interested in this sort of stuff, go here.

Also, the main site has a lot of links and vids the last time I looked, but it seems they've updated it.

It's really really amazing what those guys can do. Even just looking at the member submitted videos makes your jaw drop!

edit: yeah, i dunno what bbcode is

[edit on 4/11/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am not going to try that being the cluts that I am. The day I try to do a backflip is the day I break more bones in my body. Ya'll get the stretcher and the ambulance ready just in case I decide to do it.
(As if I need to break anymore bones.)

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have done a few backflips in my life with no training but quit trying after coming close to landing on my head. I can still do a good one on a trampoline though right now, I mean right this second. Want to see it?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I used to be able to backflip on trampolines, but I underflipped and jumped back, and ended up breaking my toe. I've never done one since... Once the rain stops here in washington though i'm going to try a backflip in the grass. Or off the small cement wall between me and my neighbors lawns.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I could not watch your linked video, all I see is an advertisement then nothing. Got another source for the video?

Check this vid of a guy pretty much mastering backflips, near the end you see a pool of foam cubes, practical for learning backflips without breaking your neck. www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
-(9.8)m/ss

sucketh most of the time for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Got another source for the video?

starspirit.stumbleupon.com...
Click on that link, and then click the first link that says "Live Science"
Then you should be at this URL www.livescience.com...
You need to wait until the ad is over, and then the tutorial will start.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Alright I can watch it now. Great tips, especially about jumping straight up and not backward.

top topics

join