It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military publications: ‘Rumsfeld must go’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Another call for Rumsfeld to go

As a retired sailor, I agree. In order for the military to operate efficiently, they must have a plan. When the military loses faith in their leaders, they can no longer be effective.

The editorial, released to NBC News on Friday ahead of its Monday publication date, stated, "It is one thing for the majority of Americans to think Rumsfeld has failed. But when the nation's current military leaders start to break publicly with their defense secretary, then it is clear that he is losing control of the institution he ostensibly leads."
The editorial will appear just one day before the midterm election, in which GOP candidates have been losing ground, according to recent polls.
Source

The Military publications: Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times, and Marine Corps Times are all published by the same company the Military Times Media Group. This editorial will appear in all four publications on Monday, the day before the elections.

These publications cater to the military and focus on items that are important to or affect the military.

When will Mr. Bush listen to we the people?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Its funny how these issues come about right before elections, is someone jumping ship just to save themselves for a few more minutes before sinking?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You'd think that someone would figure out that Donald Rumsfield isnt doing exactly a great job by nao. If I was in his position I'd resign before I would get more public criticism... I personally feel that >____> for my own sake... anyone could do the job he is doing... if he must go... than he must go... but let it be good for the war. If they have as much as they can deal with... then they must do it proceedingly. You cant have an unorganized war that donald rumsfield has been organizing. In order to win this, the united states needs different tactics and military strategies IMHO.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am so in on Rummy being out. Here, let me get the door for him.

Dirty double-crosser.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Another call for Rumsfeld to go....

....When will Mr. Bush listen to we the people?

He wont. He is the 'decider'. He makes the decisions. We the people is a thing of the past, an antiquated idea from ancient times. In this new age there is no time for 'we the people', the world moves too fast.
A decider is the only way to go for any intelligent, civilized people.

Did you know that he is the only president to make an appearance in military uniform, other than George Washington.
Yup, when he landed on the aircraft carrier and proudly proclaimed '
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED'
It should scare you that he declared himself 'the decider', and it should scare you that he shows up in military uniform, because those are both actions that are eerily reminiscent of dictators.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Rumsfeld should have been gone long long ago in a galaxy far far away.

Rumsfeld is too egoistical to leave.

And Bush is too loyal (way way way much a fault of his) to get rid of him.

If your employee screws something up so badly....Ahhh fire him/her. The boss is out to lunch on that one.

Bush should stop being political for once, and be human. See what is best for the nation, and be done with it.

Send Rumsfeld to Star Wars land.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Rumsfeld isn't going anywhere. The true power in this admisistration is Cheney, Rummy, Rove and Wolfiwitz. I'm not sure what their scheme is but I doubt it is the welfare of the Military or the Citizens of the US for that matter.

If and when the Master plan is ever revealed; people with souls will reel in disbelief and horror.

Their power is now well established and nothing can change it.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
Its funny how these issues come about right before elections, is someone jumping ship just to save themselves for a few more minutes before sinking?

It's been a while since I've read the Navy Time, but if memory serves correctly, these pubs only come out once or twice a month. Rather than a ploy for the elections, I believe that it is in response to the POTUS remarks that "Rummy" will maintain his position through out the rest of Mr. Bush's term.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Link to editorial here

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just remember.

The Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times etc are PRIVATE publications. Not sponsored by the US Military at all.

I can remember having a Chief Master Sergeantin the Air Force make me promise to never read the Air Force Times because of its sensationalism of actual USAF events. For the most part, I have found him right.

I myself buy it for the Paycharts.. thats about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Sorry about the size of my screenshot - I have highlighted the word that caught my attention. NBC have used the term "nominate" instead of "tap" in the body of the main article - go figure.

How long until this one makes it down the memory hole / gets "revised"?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Spanky are you implying that Gates is Skull and Bones?

top topics

join