It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google 'will be able to keep tabs on us all'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Google is willing to be part of the 'surveillance clan'. Microchips and google, altogether are part of the same big plan, to create a society under surveillance. Britain is being offered a new plan to fight 'organized crime' and terrorrisem and in return has to offer just a 'bit' of the privacy of her citizens...

www.guardian.co.uk
The internet will hold so much digital data in five years that it will be possible to find out what an individual was doing at a specific time and place, an expert said yesterday.

Nigel Gilbert, a professor heading a Royal Academy of Engineering study into surveillance, said people would be able to sit down and type into Google "what was a particular individual doing at 2.30 yesterday and would get an answer".

The answer would come from a range of data, for instance video recordings or databanks which store readings from electronic chips. Such chips embedded in people's clothes could track their movements. He told a privacy conference the internet would be capable of holding huge amounts of data very cheaply and patterns of information could be extracted very quickly. "Everything can be recorded for ever," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After the microchips, tracking devices, RIF, electronic price tags or in body 'bar codes' this is the latest news about how privacy is beign ripped appart from british citizen and (my guess is as good as yours) the rest of the developed countries.
Even though people are wakeing up and are trying to stop that, still organization and agencies like MI5 don't care and don't stop implementing the worst plan ever against british citizen. Under the guise of the war against terror and other phu phu... now is even google who's being part of this shameful action.

I was trying to get another link for the story and of course I was trying google search. And guess what, nothing came up, even the link I've provided at the top of the story. You do the math...

[edit on 4-11-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Calling all ATS tech wizards!

Come on folks,get with the program.
Can`t you get together and make an encrypted,secure ATS internet search engine?
I bet millions of people would use it.
Its about time we ditched google on ATS IMHO.
They have succumbed to the Dark Ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
But I'm addicted to my Google! It will take something like that SS. I'll have to have a decent paranoid-based replacement before I'll give up my Google. lol

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ah, who cares, nothing on my computer or what I search is illegal, and if all the topics I've searched so far haven't caused any issues then nothing will.

Now, if you don't like Google's policies then don't use it, it's a free search engine it can do as it pleases, just like you.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
I was trying to get another link for the story and of course I was trying google search. And guess what, nothing came up, even the link I've provided at the top of the story. You do the math...

Have to use the right key words and syntax. There's similiar stories on Google News, so have a look.

We all have the option of turning off the computer and living without technology, but I don't see anyone lining up to become a cave hermit.

Maybe it's best for you to not post on ATS, cause the Google-spooks might get you

Theodore Kaczynski - Wikipedia

So keep your nose clean, cause even bad hermits get caught....

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Ah, who cares, nothing on my computer or what I search is illegal, and if all the topics I've searched so far haven't caused any issues then nothing will.

Now, if you don't like Google's policies then don't use it, it's a free search engine it can do as it pleases, just like you.

Just because they haven't caused issues up to now, doesn't mean that they won't in the future. Your searches are stored forever and any of them could possibly highlight you if a crime is committed in your area and the government is desperate to blame it on "someone".

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Your searches are stored forever and any of them could possibly highlight you if a crime is committed in your area and the government is desperate to blame it on "someone".

And lightning could also possibly strike me this year, look, if you want to worry about it go right ahead, but like I said, I don't particularly care.

apc

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Google has always been in the business of profiting off their vast amount of information their technologically superior spider system has accumulated. I know several people that work for Google. They're just nerds. They look like any other nerd.

Google has every right to build systems that utilize and profit from the publicly available information they have gathered. If anyone has a problem with this, it is their own fault for allowing the information become public.

btw... your searches are not stored forever. That would just be stupid and a huge waste of disk space.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here is a link for a cookie-less metasearch engine. I haven't used it much yet, but I will be trying it out:

www.kartoo.com...

The reason it doesn't invade anyone's privacy is that because it was created in the European Union, it must abide by strict EU privacy laws. Pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I`ll give it a go,Thanks uphill.

Oh,wait...it uses flash-i think i was reading something about the terms and conditions
of the flash player allowing them to access your computer.
AHA-i found it! Seems easy enough to disable the spy features though.Check the below thread link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If your worried about it, use Firefox, turn off the cookies and only allow those cookies to be set that on your approved list, or get the CustomizeGoogle extension that anonymizes Google's cookies and userids.

All providers keep track of who logs on to their networks and almost all websites track user IP addresses. So to think you can actually be net anonymous is like pretending to be invisible and going shoplifting...it's just not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What's the deal with the "transferring data from google-analytics.com" message I get when I'm loading or refreshing a page here?

edit: changed 'date' to 'data'

[edit on 5-11-2006 by psyopswatcher]

apc

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The advertising block at the top of the thread, below the moderator listing in this view, is Google generated advertising based on the content of the page.

That or Google already owns your boxen. Pheer the Google.

>
down the side too. Google must pay well.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by apc]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I updated Adblock to Adblock Plus and that's taken care of.

top topics

join