It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Speeds North Korea Attack Contingency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Deltaboy, I can not believe that you are losing faith on our might.

Better believe it, I never said that.

You know I don't, does that sounds funny . . . because I am so negative when it comes to Iraq?

Would you sound negative when American casualties start to rise if there is a war with NK?

Well, I never have doubt the might of our military and our technology and what we are capable of doing.

Thats nice to know.

Yes Delta our might is bigger that what you have seen in pre war Iraq. Remember that the objective in Iraq pre-war were achieved in time and in the frame that was planned.

With minimum casualties or you forgot that?

Nope haven't forgotten, but do you expect the enemy to do exactly how we want in a way?

We are the best what we have failed is on playing police because our troops are fighters on peace keepers.

US will have no problem bombing and making a death area on the border with NK, anything moving can be bombed in that area, so the so called million army will turn into nothing if constant bombing of the area on the border with SK is done.

Meanwhile US can take any area where they have their military equipment and facilities and taking their nuclear plants would be a breeze.

We can do it and we are capable.

We did that against Iraq by taking out their military bases, headquarters, logistics, etc. But then what happens to NK if we somehow defeated its army? What happens if the NK sends its troops to be guerilla fighters and imitate what is happening in Iraq? After all, we do a poor job in fighting such wars. Not to mention that North Korea has tens of thousands of special operations forces that can cause chaos in South Korea as well as in North if American troops were to fight there. Wars are unpredictable.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It will no be guerrillas if SK keep their borders closed, they are our allies, while in Iraq the failure was the open borders.

And that. . . it was borders all around, In NK is china and SK so how can guerrillas will form in the SK border when keeping the border clean is relatively easier to do with SK help?

Think, we failed Iraq because Iraq had not post invasion planning at all or the planning that was prepared was bad from the beginning and nobody was able to tell the truth about the failure until was too late and still nobody wants to take the blame.

We have a military that can achieve whatever is planned with proper time frame and support, we saw that in pre-war Iraq.

NK will never be an Iraq.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It will no be guerrillas if SK keep their borders closed, they are our allies, while in Iraq the failure was the open borders.

South Korea is our ally, but that don't mean much since NK is experienced in cross border infiltration.

And that. . . it was borders all around, In NK is china and SK so how can guerrillas will form in the SK border when keeping the border clean is relatively easier to do with SK help?

Thats another thing, about China, China considers NK its ally, and back in the 1950s saved NK from being overrunned. China also back North Vietnam during the Vietnam war arming the NVA and the Vietcong to push the U.S. out by inflicting heavy casualties. China will never tolerate the U.S. bombing its ally to the stone age, possible even provide covert support to the NK, even tolerate having NK nukes.

Think, we failed Iraq because Iraq had not post invasion planning at all or the planning that was prepared was bad from the beginning and nobody was able to tell the truth about the failure until was too late and still nobody wants to take the blame.

We have a military that can achieve whatever is planned with proper time frame and support, we saw that in pre-war Iraq.

NK will never be an Iraq.

Okay, we bomb NK, what happens next? Is there a post war plan for that? We can always go back to using history as means of backing up our claims. NK will never be Iraq, Iraq will be never be Vietnam and so on. Or maybe Afghanistan will never be Iraq or Vietnam, or possible Afghanistan against the Soviet Union between 1979 to 1989 with Soviet defeat.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.navyseals.com...

this link is off the navyseals website. They go a little more in debt on the situation.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If the international community would stop standing around with there hands in there pockets then maybe it wouldnt be the USA's responsibility. thats a big problem.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have no doubts that US can take NK sites with not problem at all. China will do nothing about it, because China has to much interest in our economy as it is.

It will be in their best interest to maintain their business with US without incident. Kim needs to be stopped I see him as a dangerous problem right now and somebody that needs to be taken care off before is too late.

And I still feel that SK will have no problems keeping their borders clean.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have no doubts that US can take NK sites with not problem at all. China will do nothing about it, because China has to much interest in our economy as it is.

It will be in their best interest to maintain their business with US without incident. Kim needs to be stopped I see him as a dangerous problem right now and somebody that needs to be taken care off before is too late.

And I still feel that SK will have no problems keeping their borders clean.

It is in the best interest of china to side with the US versus north korea. Back in the 1950s when NK was invaded china helped NK. However that was before the US and china became huge trade partners. Militarily NK is F***ed. They dont stand a chance against the US.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Even though I can't stand Lil' Kim I gotta admire him for one thing.. he is one of the few regimes on the face of the earth that the international banking cartel does not own. I just know that we will have a central bank there anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Jeez can't the USA stop wanting to blow everything up that has a pulse, leave the world be for a while and enjoy life for a change.

You are "the superpower" no one wants to touch you, if they did hit home turf they know that you would make them history in a blink.

I consider myself more American than European even though I'm born and bred UK, eversince I can remember it has been UK n USA shoulder to shoulder, but the bravado of the USA over the last few years is wearing thin now.

I shudder at the thought of joining the "great Euro" nation, and now even been "best buddies" with USA seems just as bad

Wolfie

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I still don't understand why China can't take care of this.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEarOnly problem is, you've got a little man who thinks he's a God on the other end of the table!

Exactly which little man were you speaking of?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

What do you propose China do? China is trapped... On one hand, theres an insane maniac with nukes in their backyard, and on the other hand, any military strike or sanctions against NK would mean MILLIONS of NK refugees pouring into China.

What do you honestly propose they do?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Possibly because China knows that Kim wont be trying anything in the near future.

In my opinion what you have is an attentioned starved egomaniac who pulls stunts like this all the time to garner international "fame" or infamy for that matter. The man is trying to get his name out and with each stunt the proceeding one must be bigger and better.

I am sure that, even though he is eccentric and most likely a little nuts, he has no desire to lose his position of power. He is simply resorting to what he always has: threats and international stunts in order to recieve the attention he desires.

In regards to our administration, our being the U.S., throwing out political and military promises in the face of Kim: What we are watching is a government lead by people who are watching poll numbers, and subsequently their likelyhood of retaining power, drop. A 'stand firm for the common good' move such as this is not uncommon when popularity and public support is waning.

My two cents on the matter anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
From the original article:

Defense officials said China's condemnation of North Korea's nuclear test and Beijing's support for United Nations sanctions were a key factor in the Bush administration's decision to speed up its planning, The Washington Times reported.

The administration regards the new level of Chinese support as a "green light" for more aggressive military planning, the report said.

I don't understand how anyone could take China's support of UN sanctions on NK as a green light to start aggressive military planning. They have clearly stated that they would not support any kind of military action against NK.

From the BBC:

China has called for "appropriate" UN action over North Korea's claim to have carried out a nuclear test on Monday.

Beijing - traditionally Pyongyang's closest ally - said it had not ruled out UN sanctions but that military action was "unimaginable".

Even South Korea says the same, and there is no wondering why on that one, seeing as they would most likely bear a large part of any retailation for military strikes.

From same article:

The South Korean Prime Minister, Han Myung-sook, said Seoul would not support a resolution including a threat of military force.

The point is, not a single shred of what has been put forth from China or South Korea has anything to do with military strikes. Bush has no reason to use any of this, logically, as some kind of stupid green light for increased, aggressive military planning for NK strikes. How about some increased, aggressive planning for a workable, timely exit strategy out of Iraq, Mr. Bush? People are dying over there. Now. Today. Yesterday. 5 years ago- longer than World War II. KNOCK. Hello?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Contingency planning is the militaries job, its part of what they are paid to do, if not would be negligent.

They probably have contingency plans to neutralize Nepal if need be, whats the big deal.

Korea's a hotspot at the moment and I would hope plans are updated for the current threat.

If they used a plan made in the sixties and found it lacking I could just imagine the outcry of the same folks that are disturbed by the current planning.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Phoenix, best post I've read in this thread so far.

In 1994 during the North Korean nuclear crisis Clinton did the same thing, OPLAN 5027 was changed and pre emptive military attacks were considered. In fact this was perhaps the closest we were to war with North Korea since the Korean war ended. I'm not kidding, war was probably days away if the agreement was not accepted. It's standard procedure, if things get hot in a certain area you reevaluate you plans.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, as I see it, Bush & Co will do what ever it is they want to do, public opinion be damned. Bush, himself, along with Cheney and Rumsfeld have said that they are doing what they think is best and any disagreement by the citizenry or press is ill advised and unpatriotic. Chaney even went so far as to tell George Stephanopolous that "we're not running for office" and "we will do what we think is best"; this when confronted by the polls showing the vast majority of Americans dissaprove of the Adminstration's handling of Iraq and foreign policy. So, do I think that Bush will give the order to take out NK's nukes? I don't know, but I do know that he is totally out of step with the reality
of world politics, today, and if he does do it there will not be any considerations as to what americans or the rest of the world thinks about it, because he doesn't care.

P.S. The interview of Cheney on "This Week" on ABC can be seen tomorrow morning at 8AM pacific. Check your locallistings for times in your area.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think the Differance between Iraq and Nth Korea is that as long as Kim doesnt get to fire off Nukes it will go down good, destroy him and his henchmen and the rest of the country will feel Genuinly liberated, reunite with the south and a full belly of food.

And i doubt the civil war that seems set to engulf Iraq wont happen in NTH Korea, these people want a better life and are ruled by the most repressive regime on earth virtually.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm a remote sensor. And I sense that right now Kim is Illing with his feet up on his desk and a huge stogey.

Why? Because the US can't possibly secure up enough men for a war with Ill. He is a bit loopy but don't misunderestimate him. His Regime is what we call a Propaganda success. Everyone is willing to go to war and die for him. His military is huge, well trained and well supplied since thats where all the country's money goes. Plus China will always back their Asian neighbours against America and look how well that turned out last time. China's mil is nothing to joke about anymore. Never was imho.

Either way there is going to be war. It's no secret the NK's keep saying they will reunify the Koreas. 90 percent of his forces are 100 within Seoul too. Again not to mention what China can and will provide.

I have to say haw haw on this one because while the neocons blew their load with Iraq they destroyed all possible chances of being able to take care of NK. Now that they have their deterent now. I love it how in 2003 NK missile fragments were found in Alaska and the media buried the story. The Bush administration believes in doing nothing right!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kriegott
He is a bit loopy but don't misunderestimate him.

Misunderestimate? That's a bushism isn't it.?
How could anyone possibly make that mistake. Kim has proven more than once that if anything he is unpredictable.

As far as NK missile fragments in Alaska, I hope you can provide a link to a news source since I never heard of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join