It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest Electronic Voting Machines!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Request a paper ballot this election!

In the last election, there were too many questions regarding the electronic voting machines. Many say they were rigged.

Spread the word.....Protest Electronic Voting Machines!....Request a paper ballot this election!

[edit on 3-11-2006 by davenman]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You know I was going to ask for a paper ballot but I know already that here in GA is full machines in used.

I also felt like no voting at all, because no only is not worthy candidates for senate but the same old same but how I know that my vote will count anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Even if you only have electronic voting machines, it is vitally important that you vote this election. Make your best decision on who to vote based on the best information you have.

I have always made it a point to vote for a 3rd party candidate when I thought that the Democrat and Republican candidates were not worthy. Keep in mind that a vote for a 3rd party is still a vote of non-confidence toward the 2 main candidates. Eventually, a 3rd party will gain power because of this.

Personally, this election I will be voting a straight Democrat ballot. I am so fed up with Republican "my way or the highway" policies that I cannot vote otherwise.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Why boycott the machines, when it's not their fault that they can't pass the right info around?

Why not boycott the program running on the machines themselves because it's faulty?

I say we boycott Diebold for thier blatant disregard for our form of Democracy. Since when do we allow a foreign state to program OUR voting software? Doesn't that sound just a little stupid to anyone but me?

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Dissin' Franchise

I voted yesterday (we have early voting in Nevada) on an electronic voting machine at the County Recorder's office.

Although I am very much aware of the controversy surrounding electronic voting, it won't stop me from voting.

While electronic voting can be tampered with in ways that are perhaps unprecedentedly easy, paper voting has a long and glorious history of being tampered with as well.

Historically, there has been no shortage of precincts in the U.S. where ballot boxes can be found floating in the river, smoldering in a crematorium or lying at the bottom of a mine shaft after Election Day, and I'm sure this election will have no shortage of fraud -- just as every election ever held in this country has.

But I still voted, and plan to vote whenever and wherever I legally can.

As for vote fraud, I think the best place to start when demanding accountability is at the local level.

While I could be wrong, of course, I have a high degree of confidence in those who manage the voting process in my county.

And if I didn't, I'd be sure to let them know it.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As I've said before in these forums, here in New York City we have voting machines even older than the Vote-a-matic. You turn a knob next to each of your candidate selection, pull a lever and the knobs reset and your vote is supposedly recorded. There's no paper trail, no way to do a manual recount, all the problems of electronic devices except the possibility of an outside hacker.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well the machines in big cities around the nation are more than reliable and protected this elections.

As I was watching on TV the concern is with machines in small towns and cities all over the nation where security is none existent and where one group or the other one had full control of the machines.

Many examples were given in which local election workers will take the machines home after elections and where memory cards will go missing.

Meaning that you votes will never be counted.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That's why the selections should be held for a limited time, preprogrammed into the software, and then a connection is opened to the voting center, where the votes are sent. Makes for easy selection of candidates, as well as little to no outside influence.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

join