It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be October Suprise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Operation Falcon III led by the U.S. Marshals rounded up 11,000 fugitives on the days of Oct. 22-28, among the Arrests were Sex Offenders, some that actually registered, a lot that didn't, apparently they didn't feel the need. Some of the other fugitives consisted of gang members that appear to be wanted for weapons charges and kidnappings. It appears this mass round up was contributed to the 2006 Adam Walsh Act, which was approved by congress last year. The act was created because of a six year old named Adam Walsh who was abducted from a shopping mall in the state of Florida back in 1981.

www.daytondailynews.com
DAYTON — Almost 11,000 fugitives, including several in the Dayton and Springfield areas, were swept up last week in a 24-state operation, the Justice Department announced Thursday.

Among the fugitives caught were 1,659 sex offenders — including 971 who failed to register with authorities as required by law — in what the government called the largest number ever captured in a single law enforcement effort. The group included gang members and others wanted on a variety of charges from kidnapping to weapons offenses.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I apologize; I think my introduction is abit long. I am new to this writing thing. I feel whether this was October surprise or not, It still falls under the realm of surprise at least to me anyway. It is good that some very bad people got to lose there freedoms for the choices they made, and may now get or not something that has been coming to them for sometime, of course that’s my opinion. Kudos to the various agencies that had a hand in this as well.

I can't help but consider the timing of this bust, being so close to the elections and all, but more then that unless you actually search for something like this it is not really just out there for the public. So, political move or not? At least some good came from it, or at least I hope some good comes of this.

Related News Links:
www.eagletribune.com
www.sun-herald.com
newstandardnews.net
www.ohio.com

join