It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Human Shield: Palestinian Style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hundreds of Palestinian women in robes and head scarves streamed into a Gaza combat zone Friday to help free gunmen besieged by Israeli troops at a mosque. Two women who came under fire were killed and at least 10 wounded, but some gunmen managed to escape.

The women, many with ties to the Islamic militant group Hamas, left their homes after daybreak in response to appeals on the local Hamas radio station or telephone calls from friends and relatives. By nightfall, they were celebrated as heroes, an unusual role in a deeply conservative society that tends to keep women on the sidelines. Until Friday, battling Israeli troops had been men's business in Gaza.

www.foxnews.com...

It gives you a warm feeling inside to know that the Palestinians rather sacrifice their women to their cause instead of their fighting men. A very noble deed.
*/sarcasm*

What do you guys think?

[edit on 3-11-2006 by radardog]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I would have no problem letting loose with my RPK. regardless of sex, they were soldiers. If they are willing to put themselves in harm's way, then let harm hit them.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So were these women directly called on the radio to come out and act as human shields? Because from the footage I saw, they were mostly running around screaming, trying to get out of the line(s) of fire.

I'm not saying that wasn't why they were there... I'd just like to know why they all streamed out as they did--- to protect their beloved soldiers or maybe for some other reason, like being called for prayer, I really don't know.

join