It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Bus Driver Fired for "flipping off" Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's two separate cases of school bus drivers with impulse control impairment.

The second was posted as an example of how character is important when choosing those who work with and around kids.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

See, this is why we stay on topic, so I don't get confused and look like a moron

Dude you're Canadian, can't you just blame the strong beer?

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

The second was posted as an example of how character is important when choosing those who work with and around kids.

Utter tripe. You can try to rationalize people all you want but anyone with some common sense knows that if an individual wants to deceive you it can easily be done.

Back to the story this person should have been warned solely for the purpose of being an idiot around children, but not terminated. I'm sure these same kids see far worse on TV and from their peers.

brill

[edit on 3-11-2006 by brill]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Back to the story this person should have been warned solely for the purpose of being an idiot around children, but not terminated. I'm sure these same kids see far worse on TV and from their peers.

brill

Just because the children may be used to it doesn't make it okay. This woman acted irresponsibly not only by doing this in front of children, but while driving her employers vehicle. Not only did she set (or possibly continue to set) a poor example for the children, I'm sure that she violated the terms and agreements of her employment.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Utter tripe. You can try to rationalize people all you want but anyone with some common sense knows that if an individual wants to deceive you it can easily be done.

What are you talking about? What are you calling utter tripe? Are you saying that character doesn't count?

Or are you just being impertinent?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just found the official school statement on this and I find one line of it that is interesting although they do not elaborate on it at all.

"This was part of a pattern of behavior with this particular bus driver, not an isolated incident," Barry said.

Issaquah School District

So it would appear she did have prior issues, unfortunately they did not give them.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Nice find shots.

seems intrepids instincts were right on this one.

I also think it's safe to assume more info on past behavior will be forth coming.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Be great if it came out she was a serial bird flipper.

Looks like you were right!

This lady got what she deserved. Canned.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In all fairness it was Intrepid who came up with the idea first.

I hate giving credit to canadians but it must be done in this case...unfortunately.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps

brill

Just because the children may be used to it doesn't make it okay. This woman acted irresponsibly not only by doing this in front of children, but while driving her employers vehicle. Not only did she set (or possibly continue to set) a poor example for the children, I'm sure that she violated the terms and agreements of her employment.

Ummm did I say it was ok? No I said she should have been warned for being an idiot around children. How hard is that to comprehend? You are arguing with me on a point we agree on.

brill

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

What are you talking about? What are you calling utter tripe? Are you saying that character doesn't count?

Or are you just being impertinent?

Grady let me break out the sock puppets & animal pictures here...

Of course character is important its just not always easily established and people can present themselves as being the ideal person when in reality they're slimeballs.

brill

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Since this happened in my state, I've been hearing about this
the last week.

From what I understand she was'nt fired because she flipped
Bush off, it was just the last satraw in a line of other problems.

If she was fired just bcause she flipped Bush's motorcade off,
than she should get her job back, as it is her right to express
her views.

However, if it is as has been said, that this was just the last
straw in a line of infractions, than I don't have a problem with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
would have been a much bigger story if she had flipped the bus onto bush, then i imagine the parents of the schoolkids would not have been too happy.

More interesting that the motorcade gets that close to commercial vehicles in this day in age.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this all day when I heard of this news this morning
My first thought was ok kids were on the bus, bad
then a few seconds later I thought wait Middle school?

Isn't Middle school junior high? the teen years mainly 13-15?

Don't they have movies that are PG13 that have "flipping off" in them.
If its shown in those movies at that rating then it should be ok for her to do it.

Kids need to learn about life, they should see all points of view, so they can make a choice of their own.

How many of us rely when at that age "flipped people off", I know I done my share and then some.

I didn't learn it from Mom and Dad or the bus driver, I learned it from older kids at school.

So the lady was caught a few times. So she got canned if thats good, then Axe the pres for doing it as well. How many kids will see the videos of him doing it? How many picts were snapped of him doing it on the white house lawn to the press. Can't kids see through the open iron fence? See these things on the net?

"No honey hes not giving the bird hes giving the presidential hi"

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

If she was fired just bcause she flipped Bush's motorcade off,
than she should get her job back, as it is her right to express
her views.

If she had flipped Bush the bird from her own car or from the street, that would have been her own time, but she did it from a school bus. If I was her employer and I had heard about it, she would have been gone if she had flipped off Mortimer Snerd.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious, the children egged her on. They sang loudly in unison -

HEY BUS DRIVER, FLIP THE PRESIDENT A BIRD,
FLIP THE PRESIDENT A BIRD
FLIP THE PRESIDENT A BIRD.

That's why they've all been assigned Haggard type mentors to safe-guard their morality.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
He he he...

I would have flipped him off with both hands at which point i would have lost control of the bus and whooooooops.....

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Kids need to learn about life, they should see all points of view, so they can make a choice of their own.

Well, in this case they did see all points of view, including what can happen if you flip someone off while driving a company vehicle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join