It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I were President, I would..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just curious what anyone here would want to accomplish if they were President with a cooperative legislature?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If I were to become President. Here's what I'd do.

First off, I would try to cleanup our image and the perception of the United States in the Middle East that this administration basically destroyed.
Second, I would find and prosecute any oil companies here in the United States that were found to have been jacking the price for a gallon of gas so that they could fatten there pockets. Not only would I do that, I would also have the heads of that company arrested, charged, and thrown in a Federal Penitentury down in Alabama.
Third thing, I would make a law where the railroads are required to have cabooses on the rear of the trains. For each day that a major railroad doesn't comply, they get fined $2 million for the first day and double that every day after.
Fourth, I would also make it a requirement where the railroads must participate in a large scale evacuation no matter if they want to or not. I would make it clear that we will fine them for each and every offense. First day of refusal is $50 million down the tubes, second day is double that, and the third day is triple that of the first day.
Fifth thing I would do is actually make an effort to talk to countries, like Iran and North Korea, to keep them from attaining the bomb. Also, I would not place sanctions on them like what the United Nations did.

Most importantly, I would do what every President should do, and that is tell the freakin' truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would immediately turn on my own corrupt party and spill the beans on everyone live on TV.

I would tell the people to vote everyone in power out of office, and form their own local parties and take over.

I would report live on C-Span 4 days out of the week and take unscreened, unsencored calls from the average Joe. I wouldnt talk all day, but I would do at least 3, half hours of interviews each day. I wouldnt even cut anyone off, unless they were out of line, I would let them say what ever they have to say.

I would ask that all governors, and mayors do the same. And I would tell the people to demand it, or vote them out.

Just by doing that, you would fix all the problems. Open debate live on TV commerical free. The final answer to everything was listen wasnt it?

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Mujahid187]

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Mujahid187]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If I were president, I would immediately work diligently to alter the clear intent of the US constitution by diminishing the right to privacy of the people of the U.S. Using advanced technologies, I would develop and enhance the tracking of every man, woman and child in the country. I would want to know what people talk about in their private phone calls. I would want to know what books people read and what they buy or even watch on television.

Then, using the information gleaned from my national surveillance, I would identify those who might pose a threat against me....I mean, the nation....you know....terrorists. Yeah, terrorists.

I would then impose limits upon the ease of travel within the country as well as internationally. I would decide who flies and who doesn't based on "profiles" developed.

I would continue to make people believe that the two party system is the only means of governing. I certainly wouldn't let on that both parties -- Republican and Democratic -- are one and the same. Naturally, people will hate me for my policies and having an "opposing" party gives the people hope for change. Of course, when my term in office is done and the "opposition" comes into power, I'll be pardoned for my "crimes" but nothing will be done to dismantle the surveillance entity I put into place. Nothing will be done to restore the U.S. Constitution or to bring peace and civility back to national and international politics. No, instead, there will be more of the same. People will become disillusioned with their hopeful choice. And then, after one or two terms of my opposition being in power well, then it will be time for my brother to become president. Won't Mom be proud of us?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
1. close off all borders
2. pull troops aout of EVERY country except Iraq, which we will use for strictly oil. The troops will be stationed at and only at oil fields.
3. Use Iraqi oil reserves to power nation.
4. pull out of UN
5. restrict who comes, and who goes into and out of the counrty
6. put more money into alternate fuel sources.
7. No trading weapons\weapons secrets to other countries
8. Not keeping our heads up other countries ass
9. become a neutral country
10. Leave every one the hell alone.
11. execute those things on death row
12. bring back public executions
13. no retrictions on weapons, and weapons sales
14. give every family at least one firearm
15. If any country were to strike the US retaliate with Atomic weapons, and destroy that nation, before we put troops on the ground there.
16. have a good excuse to invade a country.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Ford Farmer]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would also Allow Gay marriage.

top topics

join