It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defining what is truth, lies, and what makes proof valid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hello. I am a new member here and hope to not be misunderstood, as I usually am. (I lack proper means of conveying myself, apparently, from previous attempts to explain my opinions, views, knowledge, etc.)

I admit that I by NO means have any resources and DO NOT base any of my opinions from "facts". I say "facts" for this reason which I have been wondering about, myself always trying to see things in the most broad aspects:

How does someone define what is valid proof and what is disinformation? What makes people have their theories believed, and others not? Who is to say that the means of providing "valid proof" are not false? Is it personal opinion and personal acceptance of such proof being provided?

What proves that the government and media are not creating false standards for "proof." What proves anything? Who is to be believed?

These are some of the questions I have been asking myself, trying to comprehend.

What proves that the government or other unknown forces are not creating a false sense of "needing proof" and that we all inherently know the truths but are disinformed and misguided, as well as distracted from our inherent knowledge of the truth?

I also read a concept recently that things can be false while still being valid. I cannot at the moment compose my thoughts into an explanation of this from lack of the proper skills to convey myself, which yes, is ignorant and uninformed, but unlike some others I strive to be understood and convey myself to the best of my abilities and work to gain a better and more understandable means of expressing myself.

I explain this about myself to clear any further misunderstandings in any posts I make and to clarify that I speak from opinion and personal knowledge, thus clearing any possible assumptions of people thinking I speak as if I am completely decided and knowledgeable on my stances on topics and concepts.

These are serious questions and I would like to have other's open-minded input on these broad concepts and topics.

I appreciate everyone's time, consideration, and responses, kind or not. (I expect kind responses from you all, you seem like polite people that I know of)

I will be gone for a good part of the day (Here for a few hours or more before I leave) because I have places to go, people to see, etc. But I will respond to the best of my ability to any replies to my thread as soon as I can.

I hope to recieve varied views on the things I have been questioning and wish you all well.

Thank you again ~Keiya

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If you are saying the the truth is someting that we all know, deep in dark recesses of our being , but choose to ignore because of conditioning, then I agree.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Usually theories are generally believe when they seem to make the most sense or are not absolutely crazy, though I think society has to do with how many people are willing to believe some things.

Facts are valid when you can prove that its possible to happen, like if I drop a pencil, I know it's not going to float.

join