It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herlong California underground tunnel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have a friend who told me yesterday that his step father has a brother who was a security guard for an underground tunnel running from Herlong California to Area 51 in Nevada to Washington (his dad doesn't know if it's Washington D.C. or Washington state). And he said his step dad's brother has pictures of the tunnels which he has only shown to his step dad.

Anyone live near Herlong CA?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't live near there, nor have I heard of it before today. A quick internet search seems to suggest its an ammo depot, perhaps more.

A Google map seems to confirm the ammo depot. I'm guessing what appears to be bays of dirt are just bins/cache's for spreading out the ammo.

External Link

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Some weird things have kinda caught my eye at that site. For example what's the purpose of that circle next to the runway? It appears a service road runs to the middle of the circle and turns around...

External Link

Given the proportions of the runway and the plane it appears to be quite large! Any quesses as to what that would be used for are welcome.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Bogus story.

There are underground storage bunkers for the munitions. Nearby is the demolition pit where old explosives were detonated for disposal.

The ammo storage mission of the base is being phased out, and now it is increasingly being used for refurbishing and storage of non-ordnance items, such as water purification units and other logistical equipment. A portion of the base has been converted to a federal prison.

The runway was built to accommodate the largest military cargo transports.

The DoD would never 'confirm nor deny' nuclear weapons were ever stored there, although it is common knowledge locally. The Base was and still is a major employer in this rural county. Locals did not object to the weapons stored here -- the weapons meant jobs.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by amehrich
Some weird things have kinda caught my eye at that site. For example what's the purpose of that circle next to the runway? It appears a service road runs to the middle of the circle and turns around...

External Link

Given the proportions of the runway and the plane it appears to be quite large! Any quesses as to what that would be used for are welcome.

It looks like a landing pad to me of some type with a road connecting to the main airstrip. It is designed to be seen from the air so it must be directed to certain type of aircraft? Choppers? other kinds?

Where is this town.. is it near the infamous Mount Shasta?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

It looks like a landing pad to me of some type with a road connecting to the main airstrip. It is designed to be seen from the air so it must be directed to certain type of aircraft? Choppers? other kinds?

Where is this town.. is it near the infamous Mount Shasta?

It's home to the Sierra Army Depot, as was posted earlier. It's to the nortwest of Reno, a pretty good ways from Mt. Shasta. Not alot there in Herlong, pop. is about 1000 or so.

www.sierra.army.mil...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't live near there, nor have I heard of it before today. A quick internet search seems to suggest its an ammo depot, perhaps more.

A Google map seems to confirm the ammo depot. I'm guessing what appears to be bays of dirt are just bins/cache's for spreading out the ammo.

External Link

Very interesting story dude.Try to dig into this alittle deeper,maybe find out where they are and try to post those pictures if at all possible

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
denythestatusquo,

I started another thread to discuss just the circle shown in the image to see if anyone with an aeronautical background could offer up any ideas as to its purpose.

ATS Thread

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
dave_54,

You sound well informed about the sites activities. Are you a local yourself?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
does it seem weird that the aircraft in one of the images posted looks massive compared to the runway, not to mention that there looks to be no taxi route? Although it seems that we've debunked this tunnel story, that runway seems to have posed more questions.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

dave_54,

You sound well informed about the sites activities. Are you a local yourself?

Yeah. I'm local. The Base is hiring civilian employees now, if interested.

How did Mt. Shasta get involved in this discussion?

I didn't think anyone still believed that ridiculous tale of 'underground cities', Lemurians, and tunnels to wherever. The local Chamber of Commerce winks and nods at those stories as a tourist draw, but no one takes them seriously.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
dave_54,

Do you have an answer to the third post (post id: 2593817) on this thread? I'm still trying to get an answer to that here; as well as, on another ATS thread. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Not sure what it is.

As weapons have changed over the years methods of storage and disposal have changed. Perhaps it is a remnant of the way things used to be done?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
I have a friend who told me yesterday that his step father has a brother who was a security guard for an underground tunnel running from Herlong California to Area 51 in Nevada to Washington (his dad doesn't know if it's Washington D.C. or Washington state). And he said his step dad's brother has pictures of the tunnels which he has only shown to his step dad.

Yes! Moved here about a year ago. Noticed a fenced off concrete bunker type building north 395 from Herlong Army Depot on other side of mountain, off on Bart Dr & Smoke Creek Ranch Road. Locals say it was a bomb shelter,but I don't believe it because it has two large smoke stacks coming out of it. Also on the grounds I noticed two air vents about 200 feet from each end of building . Also about another mile north on old railroad track side, a old guard shack on foundation blocks had high voltage power lines ran to it from miles away. Inside the shack the power went and down into the ground two 4 inch electrical conduits. I believe their is a tunnel running under the old railroad tracks.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ok, I see where the "facility" off of 395 is and I am trying to decifer what I see in the pic. As for the power lines running to a guard shack, I don't see it. Where exactly because all of the power lines I see either run to cities or facilities

[edit on 12-11-2009 by cavscout11cav]

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: classified material

ok I lived about 30 mins south of the herlong nuclear base for many of years. My best friend at the Tim is now a conductor for the base driving trains. I know for a fact that the tunnel exists wether there are still nuclear weapons still there, well it would be silly to think otherwise! He is not in any way classified to such privy. I have also known serval people to work there and almost went my self. But what I can say that the two of us we would be running around those mountains on quads every night for years and years and him and my self have seen some things that were pretty interesting lights, one that made imposissble maneuvers. Now whether it is the military base with secret aircrafts or UFOs I know there would be know possible way for a man or any creature on this planet that could handle the G -force of ice said maneuvers. I would have to say there was three lights on each craft, going from a serious straight course to a complete turnaround and back to where it began both ships, did not have any vibrations, like a low kinda of maybe engine but to make a triangle shape out of those speeds is not physically possible with out using some sort of device to keep the internals of the craft from certain g-force questions cause I've seen them twice
edit on 12-8-2015 by Killerbee8409 because: Finishing

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by:dave_54tourist draw bwaaa out in herlong it's a waste land of hermits and should be in the hills have eyes. I am very well familiar with employees there present past an will probably retire out there we have spent years combing those hills just for fun and have seen the lights and have been in some spooky places that until you can get up there in the mines don't talk about tales and it was the chupacabras lair not none of that other bill #! Or you might just get eaten by one of the biggest beavers in the world long valley is there home or you can just go feed the mt lions but don't think that the gov just put a ammo depot in that little piece of land with out having a damn good reason and actually I wouldn't be surprised if the tunnel which is there
I have personal knowledge. It's probably a back exit running straight to Area 51 this is a theory but I would like some one to see if the back of that mountain on the south end going towards the new layout of Area 51 I'm willing to bet that that mt. And Area 51 line up quite nicely I haven't looked just a theory but a good one if not there's is real # that goes on in those hills seen it with my own eyes on multiple occasions

Yeah. I'm local. The Base is hiring civilian employees now, if interested.

How did Mt. Shasta get involved in this discussion?

I didn't think anyone still believed that ridiculous tale of 'underground cities', Lemurians, and tunnels to wherever. The local Chamber of Commerce winks and nods at those stories as a tourist draw, but no one takes them seriously.

top topics

join