It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

& THE Biggest Threat to World Peace is ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yeh
Kinda figured it would be George 'Skull n Bones' Bush
news.sky.com...

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ok? This survey was done by countries all over the world. What else are they going to say? Everybody hates us. I'm as much anti-Bush as anybody, but he's not the biggest threat to world peace for two reasons.

1) There has to be world peace for it to be threatened

and

2) If our end game plan was to destroy every country in the world, we would have done it already

I don't think our government's intentions with the middle east wars are what they say they are, but, if you're going to say the United States is a threat to global security, then you're pretty ignorant. Look at these nuts in Kim Jong Ill and president Tom over there that would do anything they please if they had the capability of carrying out a nuclear strike. We have that capability, but we're not using it.

This is bs.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
this survey was done a few months ago with the same results, i think. i'll edit in a link if/when i can find one. but technically, DickBinBush is correct, especially with that first point. how can there be a threat to world peace when world peace doesn't even exist now?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Now I am convinced - The whole world has gone crazy or stupid.

I'm sorry but I would trust 10,000+ nukes in the hands of George Bush over 10,000+ nukes in the hands of Kim Jong Il any day of the week.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
DickBinBush,
The survey was done in the UK, Canada, Mexico, and Israel. 4 countries that could arguably be described as the America's closest allies.

World peace does not have to exist to be threatened...

It will never exist as long as the US wages war, (on terror, Iran, Iraq, NK et. al.)
If someone attempts to bash my nuts with a hammer is that not a threat to the children I plan on having? Just because I don't have kids doesn't mean bashing my nuts is not a threat to them.

As for the end game plan, you need not destroy a country to threaten it's peace. Hitler didn't destroy Poland, he just took it over. I'm not saying that Bush is a Hitler, I'm just saying destruction and a threat to peace are not the same thing.

I believe Bush and the globalist forces pulling his strings are the biggest threat to world peace, not the ONLY one. This survey proves that people's perception of the war on terrorism is not one of bringing security to the world, but instead is bringing further instability to the world. Hell the US's own intelligence shows it has done little except create more terrorists then existed previously. Just like the war on drugs, it only creates a bigger problem.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Halfofone]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
World Peace will never exist whether the U.S. is at war or not.

World peace will never exist as long as the middle east exists. It will not exist as long as North Korea exists. It will not exist as long as people like Chavez and Castro are in power. It will not exist as long as Africa is infected with diseases and unstable. It will not exist as long as Russia, China, and the United States are competing for world super power status. It won't even exist as long as Taiwan claims they are independant. It won't exist as long as China, South Korea, and Japan don't like each other. There are so many other factors that you can't put on the United States being at war. The middle east was unstable before the war.

There hasn't been peace. There isn't peace. There wasn't any chance of there being peace. People fight. People disagree. People do what serves their interests. That's how humans are. Unless humans have a major evolution of character, there will never be peace. When you have people in power and a military at their disposal, there will be war.

The opposite of world peace isn't even war. Even if there are diplomatic disagreements or political clashes, this isn't world peace. Even if there is no shooting or bombing, there still isn't world peace. Crime comes into play. Hatred towards others would go against world peace. These things will never change. This is how people are.

There was no chance in hell of there being world peace, therefore, no chance of it being threatened. This is our world. This is what we have to live with. We're rapidly approaching World War 3. It's a fight for survival now. It's a fight to the death. We have to adjust to it. We have to get used to it. We need to stop being peace dreamers and realize we have to fight for our lives.

I guess whether you live or die will come down to whether or not you have the common sense to realize what's going on and have the balls to stand up and do something about it.

[edit on 11/3/2006 by DickBinBush]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You Sir hit the nail on the Head.

You have voted DickBinBush for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
dickinbush---

So the only actual options for world peace are:

the destruction of all humans (let the planet start over)

or

one world government

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
dickinbush---

So the only actual options for world peace are:

the destruction of all humans (let the planet start over)

or

one world government

I'm starting to think even a one world government wouldn't mean world peace. There'd still be crime and in-goverment fighting.

I think destruction of the earth is the only way. We obviously wouldn't get to enjoy the world peace. So, world peace for humans will never happen. It's impossible.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I agree DinkBin, that there never will be world peace. I'm not stupid enough to believe that there could be.
Human nature is such.

However our responsibility is, as you say, to have the balls to stand up and say that propagating war and hatred is counterproductive to the survival of the human race. To say like you did that, “This is bs” is dismissing what is going on. Namely that a large majority of the population of American allies believe that Bush is not working towards peace, but instead is actively working towards WW3.

We know that murder and rape will never be eliminated from human society, but that does not mean that we stop arresting people and creating laws in an attempt to eliminate it.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
All the problems in the world right now are here to stay..forever

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Clearly the question had a more generalized definition of "peace" than is being discussed here. The issue of world peace here is just an overall peacefulness and not true peace, but I'm sure most people understand this.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Peace? The only true peace any of us will ever know is the peace of death. Man is a predator, the best that's ever been on this planet. Neither good nor bad, just fact. As long, or until, this is bred out of humanity, there is going to be conflict.

Greatest threat to world peace is George Bush? Pish tosh, says I. I would say that penny-ante dictators who force America to act are the true threats to world peace, whatever world peace is. Never seen it, probably never will.

Boy, I sure am a pessimist today...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sad but true Guys; RoUgE PrEsIdEnT.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Urg!

Again I find that I have to take exception to the misrepresentation of information.

Some 75% of British voters said they saw Mr Bush as posing a more destabilising effect on the world than the head of the totalitarian state.

The results come despite a recent nuclear test carried out by North Korea.

Only one man in the world was seen as being more dangerous than Mr Bush: Osama bin Laden, who received 87% of votes.

(From original post's source)

Bush did not claim top spot on that survey!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is still alien invasion and rule.
If we all go out at night and wave our flashlights like I have seen some Ufologists do, who knows?

If nothing else we could at least freak the Chinese out.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Senaden]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
Now I am convinced - The whole world has gone crazy or stupid.

I'm sorry but I would trust 10,000+ nukes in the hands of George Bush over 10,000+ nukes in the hands of Kim Jong Il any day of the week.
You might have a point if NK had 10,000 nukes.

Ive said all along the US and Bush are the biggest threat to world peace. Looks like a lot of people agree with me.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
IT'S AMAZING HOW many threads start show up on ATS(&NN) WHICH twist the given facts to suit the purpose of the author. Like...

posted by OldBoy
& THE Biggest Threat to Worl Peace is ...

Yeh
Kinda figured it would be George 'Skull n Bones' Bush

WRONG!
Even your source states - if you read more than the title - it is not so.

Here is another link (more trustworthy, in my opinion) to the story and an image from it to - for the less litterate.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Bush hasnt been number one at anything in his life.

There's even worse than him out there, BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
. . . . . . . . . . . . ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well dgtempe, I'm not sure about that, but as we have to keep to the facts your statement is right.

I have a friend who firmly believes Osama to be nothing but a phantom haunting the US Intel community, which they of course gladly promotes as a fact. He even goes as far as to state him being an invention of that community.
See that's a conspiracy!!

He is my most respected friend and an expert on history. The day he comes up with hard evidence I shall be the first to post them ...then OldBoy will be right.

top topics

join