It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
norton antivirus...the homeland security of PC's?

discuss.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I wont come within 100 feet of anything that even say's Norton on it...

The program is FAR too pervasive, expensive and resource hungry,,,

Plus there are so many other wonderful programs out there that do the same thing, better, for free.

My .02

Semper

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Completely agree with you Semperfortis. I won't pay for any program in that area. There are way too many excellent options that are available free.

By the way, love the avatar buddy.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
that's what i'm trying to say. overly resource consuming and largely innefective. the only reason it works at all is because it pretty much prevents you from doing anything you're supposed to do with your computer if you're intelligent about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I don't use it because I like my sanity.

It's so intrusive it should be bloody illegal.

I'm watching a DVD and BAM! 'Your computer may be at risk'

I'm playing a game and BAM! 'Your computer may be at risk'

Basically, it's the troublesome three year old of the computer age. Constantly needs attention, and what do you get in return? A pile of cyber-sick.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Its actualy one of the key reasons I switched to macs, I dont much care if anyone doesnt like macs, I like mine, and it doesnt have an annoying pop up every 5 minutes about how my computer may be at risk, everyone else in my household uses pc's, and every now and then I will look over at one of those screens while no one is on it, and that little pop up will be there, its very annoying, plus I think its a huge scam and that the peopel who make nortan are the same peopel making the viruses and thats the only reason it even works.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
WOW,

And try uninstalling it.....

Major Production...

I have an EXTREME HIGH end machine and I was playing around with it one day because a friend wanted it..... and during the uninstall it almost froze my machine up!!!!

Norton is Disaster....

By the By, MAC's are just fine... Good machines..... I have some friends that use them personally. Not much good in forensics though as the programs are all PC based...

Hear they are the BOMB for graphics

Semper

[edit on 11/3/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Macs are only virus free because no-one would want anyone with one to suffer any more!

I jest, I jest! I had one before I killed it.

Uninstalling Norton wasn't the difficult part, it was the weeks of trauma and medication as a result of it that I didn't like.

top topics

join