It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long should a contrail be ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
How long should a contrail be ?

Pure good luck , being in exactly the right place at the right time . Enabled me to take this series of photographs .

Three jets and their contrails , which from my POV , intersect .

I will let the pictures speak for them selves :

But the loaded question is , which contrail is the “ normal length “?

And what is the altitude , and range from my POV of each A/C ?

And finally what is the horizontal and vertical separation of each jet ?

“ chemtrail “ proponents need to wake up to the fact that the temperature and humidity gradients of the atmosphere at an altitude of 10000m , at a range of several kilometers distant – cannot be discerned from the ground

Thus , as shown in these pictures – subtle differences at quite narrow variations in altitudes and horizontal separation , can cause visible differences in the persistence of condensation trails

This is before even factoring in the differences caused by different engine / fuel and operating load differences

All these pictures were taken in the space of < 1 minute [ see exfil data ] , and show noticeable differences in contrail persistence

“ chemtrail “ proponents point to contrails left by aircraft at far greater separations of distance and time – and expect them to be uniform – this is preposterous

As shown by these images

The HQ [ 2304 * 1728 ] original images are available as a zip file .

Right click and “ save target as “

Here is a thumbnail strip :

Enjoy – comments welcomed

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Nice sequence of shots Ape

Obviously only the jet flying right to left across the picture was spraying a chemtrail

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Two of them jets must of been flying on the same track past a VOR (VERY common), and the other just must of been flying to a VOR. Looks pretty normal to me.

The vertical seperation would at least, be 1000feet.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by PisTonZOR]

apc

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hehe yup IA! Chem^H^H^H^HContrails have no limit on length. If the properties were favorable, a contrail could circle the globe. However, if that were possible, I think it would be very... very bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Any chance you can find those flights on flightexplorer as you did not note the time&date for us to check out if they are on there and thus civil flights.

www.chemtrailcentral.com...

Not sure if you have read trough that report but i found it quite interesting

Thanks...

Stellar

[edit on 3-11-2006 by StellarX]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
STELLARX :

the time / date info was in the EXFIL headers , but if your image viewer is having trouble reading them :

the time / date was : 07:20 , 3rd November 2006

and location :

[ my POV ]

53°52'22.38"N
2°23'26.50"W

[ Aproximated intersect point of the aircraft ]

53°49'48.46"N
2°21'18.03"W

as for " flight explorer " - the affordable versions do not cover the UK airspace - and i have never found a flight data info service that both covered the UK , and was affordable .

if there is one - i would be grateful to get a headsup .

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Two of them jets must of been flying on the same track past a VOR (VERY common), and the other just must of been flying to a VOR.]

hi - i am not that much of an aviation buff - but the two planes thaw ere flying " head on " could have easily been on plight paths that passed over the :

" pole hill " DVOR

it is about 15 miles away

i am unaware of others in the area - but have never actually investifated

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The contrails in that picture seem pretty normal, but I've seen some very interesting things before. I was playing golf, and I happened to notice that three jets were repeatedly flying over in criss cross pattern from time to time. Their "contrails" stretched across the entire sky and after a few hours they were still there and they had expanded and were now covering most of the sky.

There was only a handful of very small clouds in the sky that day and the temperature was upper 60's to 70's. It was about 20-30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, so it was pretty humid (not sure on exact reading). I'm no aviation buff either, but I have seen quite a few jets in my time and haven't seen the "contrails" spread out and cover the sky before. Would that be considered "normal"?

I also wonder why every day that the sky is clear you will see jets flying over (well, at least SW of Houston, Texas that I know of for sure) . Where are they all going? Isn't that kind of a waste of money to fly jets around all the time? What are they doing?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Any chance you can find those flights on flightexplorer as you did not note the time&date for us to check out if they are on there and thus civil flights.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by StellarX]

This is a good strategy for chemtrail investigators to go on.. let's try to find out who these planes belong too and that is half the battle solved.

Mystery planes are more likely to do up to no good than planes that have a commercial purpose.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
as for " flight explorer " - the affordable versions do not cover the UK airspace - and i have never found a flight data info service that both covered the UK , and was affordable .

if there is one - i would be grateful to get a headsup .

Quite right as i knew it only covered US airspace ( Canadian?) but forgot that you were British.
The report i provided a link to earlier indicates that commercial flights ( as recorded in flight recorder) never leaves trails lasting more than a few minutes which happened on about 10% of the occasions he observed... I find it quite revealing that the trails left by unidentified planes were the ones that lasted hours on end...

It would obviously be hard to verify this type of thing first hand so i am not sure how to use this type of information to actually build a case for or against... If we could get a former 'chemtrail' ( and i hate the word as contrails also contains chemical residue/emissions) skeptic to confirm that he had the same experience that might stir up some interesting discussion thought.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm reading your question right, but the lenght of a contrail is dependent on several factors.

Ambieant Temperture: Generally a contrail remains for more time and there for gets longer when the air is colder.

Fuel: The type of fuel an airplane uses can affect contrail length.

Air Currents: The faster the airsteam at altitude is moving, the quicker the contrail will dissapate.

Tim

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
I'm not sure if I'm reading your question right, but the lenght of a contrail is dependent on several factors.

No question about fundamentals really as i am well aware of the range of opinions on the topic...

Ambieant Temperture: Generally a contrail remains for more time and there for gets longer when the air is colder.

"Generally' , 'for more time' , 'gets longer' is why so many people have trouble following the official explanations when these things linger for 4-8 hours or just disappear from the skies in 5-30 seconds as they used to...

Fuel: The type of fuel an airplane uses can affect contrail length.

Well feel free to post a specific graph as to how specific aviation fuels affect contrail formation and lenght.

Air Currents: The faster the airsteam at altitude is moving, the quicker the contrail will dissapate.

Tim

Wind shear might spread it out but it first has to stick around for some time before those forces can start acting on it. The photo's i have posted here and in other places suggest very odd not so natural wind effects at work...

Stellar

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Well feel free to post a specific graph as to how specific aviation fuels affect contrail formation and lenght.

I can't find a graph for this, despite having looked. The issue is water content. Depending on how highly refined a given fuel is, the moisture content will be higher or lower. The water cooling is what makes the visible trail.

However I did find this page on how contrails are formed:
How Stuff Works: Contrails

Tim

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Ghost01]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here's a nice one I took photos of with my phone. It was in December last year. You can see that the trail travels most of the entire sky from east to west. That black line in the images is from the cover on my phone.

I have seen a much better and longer trial before, but as I was driving at the time I couldn't get a nice shot.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Toasty]

new topics

top topics

join