It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you like more proof the Iraq war is a scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Probably one of the only republicans in Iraq that has had honesty and integrity has been given the pink slip by the Bush Administration. Stuart W. Bowen Jr who has sent quite a few American occupation officials to jail on Bribery and Conspiracy charges, showed the American public that we were being reamed by companies like Haliburton and Parsons with shoddy construction work, and even let us know about weapons that were missing was recently given his walking papers and the Auditors office in Iraq shut down. What I found to be strange was that one of the lawmakers Susan Collins, chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs stated that the order to close the office had not been in the bill when it was presented. Is GW signing some more bills without being voted upon yet again? Something does not smell right.

U.S. tells auditor in Iraq to close office
By James Glanz / The New York TimesPublished: November 3, 2006

Investigations led by a Republican lawyer named Stuart W. Bowen Jr. in Iraq have sent American occupation officials to jail on bribery and conspiracy charges, exposed disastrously poor construction work by well-connected companies like Halliburton and Parsons, and discovered that the military did not properly track hundreds of thousands of weapons it shipped to Iraqi security forces.

And tucked away in a huge military authorization bill that President Bush signed two weeks ago is what some of Bowen's supporters believe is his reward for repeatedly embarrassing the administration: a pink slip.

The order comes in the form of an obscure provision that terminates his federal oversight agency, the Office of the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction, on Oct. 1, 2007. The clause was inserted by the Republican side of the House Armed Services Committee over the objections of Democratic counterparts during a closed-door conference, and it has generated surprise and some outrage among lawmakers who say they had no idea it was in the final legislation.

Bowen's office, which began operation in January 2004 to examine reconstruction money spent in Iraq, was always envisioned as a temporary organization, permitted to continue its work only as long as Congress saw fit. Some advocates for the office, in fact, have regarded its lack of a permanent bureaucracy as the key to its aggressiveness and independence

Source

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Pie,

Thank you for your informative thread.

I have long known that we have been scammed and the proof is overwhelming.

But what Kerry said
That takes center stage and it makes a good distraction, huh?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Pie,

Thank you for your informative thread.

I have long known that we have been scammed and the proof is overwhelming.

But what Kerry said
That takes center stage and it makes a good distraction, huh?

My pleasure DG

Obviously this guy was cutting into their profits and he had to go. They must be throwing a big party over there right now at the local Farouks House Of Falafel (Iraqs version of Chuck E. Cheese) clowns, balloons and Miniature Camel rides!
Brittany Spears has cancelled dropping her kid for a week in order to attend the event.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Basically these contractors are walking in the door empty handed and walking out with a shopping cart full of money.

"Contractors know they can push prices up. They know they can be late," said Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla). "They know they don't have to perform."

Contractors have done more work in the Iraq war than in any other conflict in American history, performing tasks as varied as serving meals and interrogating prisoners.

Stan Z. Soloway, president of the Professional Services Council, a trade organization of government contractors, said they have done their best to do their work under extraordinarily dangerous conditions. "Many of the cases where performance was not what was expected, or even looked shoddy, were due to factors that were external, outside the contractors' control," he said.

The rules for holding contractors in a war zone accountable remain uncertain, with few precedents to go by.

"From a command-and-control point of view, I think we've got a problem. And it's going to be very difficult to solve," said Scott L. Silliman, executive director of the Center for Law, Ethics and National Security at Duke University.

For military contractors, Silliman said, it is unclear which laws apply. For example, they are not subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, which governs soldiers' behavior. A law passed in 2000 that is supposed to hold contractors responsible if they commit crimes in war zones has never been tested.

Source

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Pie,

You see, all the money that is missing. You see the total fiasco there. You see Halliburton getting richer every second-the generals themselves are complaining .

If you're rational, and thank goodness many people are, you realize that this goes beyond scam- you realize that 9/11 itself was a scam & a sham that was purposely done in order to profit. the killing of 3000 souls is nothing considering the benefits, and the backdrop it created for "the war"

I wish i could remember a guest Coast to Coast had on the end of 2001 who said:

"Nothing is as it appears"

There's someone who knew.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It sounds like the whole area has been allowed to be become more choatic than when it was under the rule of Saddam.The U.S., and it's coalition of the willing have successfully de-stabilized the region for decades maybe even centuries to come.Why???

Chaos + Destruction + oprression of the third World + Lots of money to be made the Western Elite's

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Who profitted the most? I can't really tell you the answer to that. I can tell you who gained the least and who lost the most. The American public.

I do know Haliburton and all its subsidiaries, Blackwater, and a few other select contractors made big bucks. I also know that due to the outbreak of hatred towards muslims , that Israel to a large degree has prospered in their effort to rid themselves of the Palestinians once Americans equated muslims=terror as well as finally fulfill promises of a oil/water/gas pipeline through hostile territory now turned friendly ala USA.

I do not believe that Bush directly had knowledge nor did he orchestrate 9/11. I believe there was an element within our military and our government who did. I believe the mossad agents caught in NJ and other states were also part of it and that the terrorists were enabled to do what they did with the aforementioned's help with military intel and financial backing. There is a reason why Dual citizen Israelis are now being denied security clearance within our Military and I believe that they know something and aren't saying as it would bring down a lot of wrath on our neighbor/ally to the East by many many people. Not only the ME but Americans as well.

Lets just face it though...with all this graft, misappropriation, bills enacted to protect these criminals, and stolen money, weapons and explosives...we will never ever find out the truth, nor will we ever account for the amount of money lost. We still have yet to even figure out where trillions of dollars went in missing pentagon funds...imagine something as big as this?

Pie

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, lets just say that if Bush & Co did not know about 9/11 they are the luckiest S.O.B's that ever lived.

Need i say more?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Who is profiteering the most?

Who is losing the most, I should target, we the people of this country, our tax payer money our soldiers and all the people that has trusted this administration are the losers.

What a joke.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Imagine there's no George Bush
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no Rumsfeld,
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for