It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
garble, garble gobbly gook...

Beware a man of one book!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Great quote foretelling the Spirit coming down at Pentecost (in Acts), HIFIGUY.

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
What is the message. Not what other Christians tell you. What do the words of Christ tell you?

Peace

Why are you suggesting other Christians are my source of truth? Also, do not followers of Christ read the same words? Do they not also listen to what Christ tells them? There's a remarkable consistency among believers and no, it is not because we're part of a mass brainwashing experiment.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
For those the think the Bible is one book, they must read.

It is a compilation of many books. 66. The Catholic version contains the book of Tobit. Former Jewish literature contained the Book of Enoch.

Having been raised Catholic as a child, but spending 22+ years being stagnant, or more, I pose the following challenge:

Read merely what Christ says in the New Testament by getting a red letter version ( which Saint4God graciously gave to me )
Only Read Christ words daily and ponder what he meant.

Put yourself in the place of the Apostles. In the place of the people that heard him speak. Christs words were hard for them to absorb. Not only were they new ideas to absorb.. try writing them down afterwards.

There are pieces of truth scattered all around us. Christ knew that all of his words wouldnt be told, and he knew that some of his words would in fact be made up.
He also knew that his story would live on. And it has.

But if you attempt to read what he says alone without all of additional input of the other books, you may start to see a different side to this man.

Then put yourself in his situation, and realize that you have to convey to people that the Almighty God is your father without people thinking you are mentally ill.
The Jews thought that about him. They thought he was sick. A lunatic.

So without jumping on a institutional bandwagon, I read as much literature on Christ himself as I can. And I reflect on it. Discuss it.

When Christ speaks, and he states, that the Sheep will know the sheperd by his voice; that has a two fold meaning. For I have heard What I believe to be his voice in my dreams without seeing him, and in literature, one can know Christ through his words.

Start with healing. Start with Humble. Read his words. Only his words. Know him. Try to understand him.

The premise of this thread was that our books have been filtered and contoured to match current trends. Christ was not a trend. As Son of the Father, he was trying to tell us that things here are supposed to work a certain way. That things work better when we do things like this.

See if you can see the message alone. Walk alone. Be quiet and Silent with your own thoughts. See if something different doesnt change for you.
Perhaps your dreams will change. I know it did for me.

Peace

[edit on 15-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Read merely what Christ says in the New Testament by getting a red letter version ( which Saint4God graciously gave to me )

The problem with this is which passages attributed to R.Jeshua
are actually his teachings? There are some scholars that believe lonly about 20%
of those thing attributed to him are actually from him. the rest were added by people like paul.

Scholars using the Historical-Critical approach have known for over a century that the Gospels are a blend of historical remembrence and christian interpretation. Which means that not every word and deed attributed to Jesus in the gospels can actually be traced to him,
Robert W. Funk
The Jesus Seminar.

So without jumping on a institutional bandwagon, I read as much literature on Christ himself as I can. And I reflect on it. Discuss it.

Have you read any of the writings that have come out of The Jesus Seminar?
One is their Scholars Version of their suggested changes. Unfortunately this
work is almost useless to meat this time. They highlight 4 different areas,( as I recall)
those things that are with out doubt the sayings of R Jeshua
Those things which possibly/probably are his sayings
the things they believe to have been added later
and one other that I cant recall right now.
The problem I have is that I am color blind, and the 4 colors they chose for highlights
are the same 4 colors I have a problem seeing. So I cant see the difference in the highlights. I hope soon to be able to change that and look forward to reading this book.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
These writings were not interpretations so much as they were a compilation of happenings that involved the travels of Christ.

New witness to his ressurection, and many Parables that I had not heard.

Stories of Christ Raising people from the dead on shore during a storm, and a wealth of new insight that is not written as an interpretation, but an un altered account of events.

Read the lost Years of Jesus.

The Gospel of the Holy 12.

Jesus was not just..Mathew, Mark Luke and John, and for us to think that would be ingnorance to others of witness.

I think this says it all here..and this is where we are..

"After my departure there will arise the ignorant and the crafty, and many things will they ascribe unto Me that I never spake, and many things which I did speak will they withhold, but the day will come when the clouds shall be rolled away, and the Sun of Righteousness shall shine forth with healing in his wings "

I am looking for that which is not truth. That which was withheld.
And the shepards voice that has healing in its wings.

The Shepard Voice is something you will know when you hear it.
For I have heard it in my dream. Twice.

With a single word...you will know him. Its not like anything you have ever experienced in your life, nor mine until recently.

Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

Peace

[edit on 16-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I pose the following challenge:

Read merely what Christ says in the New Testament by getting a red letter version

Put yourself in the place of the Apostles. In the place of the people that heard him speak. Christs words were hard for them to absorb. Not only were they new ideas to absorb.. try writing them down afterwards.

Here is a challenge certainly worth accepting by both believers and non-believers alike. You've got me more than curious about this activity and will work towards completing it. I'll post here the results when I'm finished.

With a single word...you will know him. Its not like anything you have ever experienced in your life, nor mine until recently.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

That's IT!

Exactly!

Makes it simple, clear, and there is a consistency that becomes apparent as being truly the voice of one soul (the words of God but through the voice of the One sent)...and it doesn't matter even WHO it was (I say this primarily in answer to GreyWolf) because once you know THAT voice, you can recognize it when you come upon it in other places.

I did this very thing - after a while I wanted more words from the same voice - I was driven to find 'more words of Jesus' (in the terms my mind thought in those days)...and I found those words in some of the most unlikely places. But there was no mistaking them - not only did they have that same tone, attitude - but the message never contradicts itself or undermines its other sources.

When Christ speaks, and he states, that the Sheep will know the sheperd by his voice; that has a two fold meaning. For I have heard What I believe to be his voice in my dreams without seeing him, and in literature, one can know Christ through his words.

Start with healing. Start with Humble. Read his words. Only his words. Know him. Try to understand him.

So well stated! I totally agree with the wisdom of your suggestion - it WILL work as you say!

See if you can see the message alone. Walk alone. Be quiet and Silent with your own thoughts. See if something different doesn't change for you.
Perhaps your dreams will change. I know it did for me.

Dude! This is advice I totally back you up on - I can personally testify that it is the way to the WAY! I pray others take you up on your challenge!

I love you, my brother - and I truly admire your way of encouraging others with only humbleness and sincerity! Share your words with all who will listen - you have phrased them perfectly!

God bless and keep you! And I'm giving you a WATS!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
IOW....and eye for and eye. i understand the point you were trying to make, but you should have read the whole chapter before jumping to conclusions (or at the very least, the next passage).

I have read the whole chapter. I didn't feel that the following verse clarified the single verse as well as the previous one (which I posted.)

My intent was on the part about 'not exceeding the limits.'

One can surely find the 'eye for an eye' concept almost anywhere; after all, it is the way of the warrior both on Wall Street and down in the streets - but only rarely do we read about the virtues of moderation.

Buddhist proverb:
Everything in moderation - even moderation!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Hey HIFIGUY, it's been a little while since I'd heard from ya. Good to see you're still around. The best advice I can give is to know your audience. Who is supporting your statements?

I, for ONE, am totally behind what he is saying! He is speaking my own heart almost to the exact word!
And in his words I hear the words of our LORD, coming through loud and clear! It is beautiful and music to my ears, truly!

There is unity in the spirit and the frequency is the same throughout its members- I must speak out for the sake of witnessing to the literal truth that comes only from God.

Why?

In the mouths of two, or three, witnesses shall all things be established!

And also because I, too, know Melchizedek - the way that HiFiGuy speaks of knowing the Prince of Peace is the way that I know him as well - and he has 'broke bread' with me in my 'tabernacle' down here in the lowland salt valley where I live!

Who is not supporting your statements? Why? These are important questions...and the answers are right here on this thread.

Those particular questions I don't think are necessary after the initial ones are answered - there is only Antipas - for all or against all.
I can't say it is a question of debatable theology at this stage in the journey - those who don't support what he has said do not support the teachings of Christ! I hear Christ in the words he says - no doubt about it! It is beautiful and pure and true!

Have patience please and remain on focus to the discussion which is the non-biblical doctrines that are being suggested to be included into the faith.

I assume when you say 'the faith' you mean the constancy and trustworthiness of our shepherd? I think HiFiGuy is keeping totally on track with that - absolutely on the narrow track!

Not sure what good discussing the Muslim religion would be on this thread. It should be obivious that the Quran is not a doctrine for believers in Christ. Why? John 3:16. The Quran does not believe in John 3:16.

How can a book 'believe' in a sentence in another book? Surely you didn't mean to phrase that like that, did you?

If any book does not believe in John 3:16, guess what? It ain't from God, according to Jesus Christ himself.

You said it again! Do you really think a book can believe in another book? And where in the world do you find it written that John 3:16 is the be-all end-all authority of Christ?

It is NOT about the words so much as it is about recognizing the voice. Any shepherd or even a wolf can holler out 'here sheepy sheepies....come to your fold!'

But the true shepherd of the sheep only has to give a low whistle or perhaps just one simple word - and the sheep will be at His side without a doubt that they are trusting the one who cares for them like the apple of His eye!

To queenannie, glad to see you're doing okay, hope things are going better than last I'd heard.

Much better, thank you, my friend! Hope all is well with you and yours, too!

To other non-believers,

I have been trying not to 'pick' at the words of others, but I cannot help but ask you why you said 'to OTHER non-believers?' Who were the first non-believers you were addressing in your post? And why not invite ALL 'non-believers' to U2U you?

And why not just share with us all? Surely what you have to say can only benefit all of us if it will benefit one?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Not sure what good discussing the Muslim religion would be on this thread. It should be obivious that the Quran is not a doctrine for believers in Christ. Why? John 3:16. The Quran does not believe in John 3:16.

How can a book 'believe' in a sentence in another book? Surely you didn't mean to phrase that like that, did you?

I'm not sure what the difficulty is with this concept. Did the author of the Quran also believe in John 3:16? Does the Quran support John 3:16? etc. Phrase it however you wish. It is the most widely recognized and easily comprehended passages in scripture, a theme that is repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

If any book does not believe in John 3:16, guess what? It ain't from God, according to Jesus Christ himself.

You said it again! Do you really think a book can believe in another book? And where in the world do you find it written that John 3:16 is the be-all end-all authority of Christ?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." It is not the "end-all" authority, it is the "beginning all" of the authority of Christ.

Much better, thank you, my friend! Hope all is well with you and yours, too!

Good deal. Yes, all is well and I should be grateful each day for it.

To other non-believers,

I have been trying not to 'pick' at the words of others, but I cannot help but ask you why you said 'to OTHER non-believers?'

If I recall correctly, you had stated before in Behold, A White Horse that you're not a believer in Christ to be God's One and only son, nor accept the words of Christ as the absolute truth and authority.

Who were the first non-believers you were addressing in your post? And why not invite ALL 'non-believers' to U2U you?

Some non-believers aren't interested. It takes a sincere interest to find God.

And why not just share with us all?

This from the lady who wrote a mass hatemail to personal addresses and left a prayer group. Gotcha.

Surely what you have to say can only benefit all of us if it will benefit one?

The postings are limit me to 10,000 characters and have received correspondence from mods before about remaining on topic. I intend on doing so.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm not sure what the difficulty is with this concept.

I'm not wanting to fight with you - but your words are not precise and I am pointing that out to you. A book cannot believe in anything. A book is a bundle of paper pages bound in some sort of sturdier cover. How can you judge a book as having beliefs?

And how can you make a determination regarding a whole religion's worth of individual beliefs based on what their holy book 'believes?'

Have YOU read the Koran? How many persons do you know well enough to discuss spirituality with, that follow Islam?

Did the author of the Quran also believe in John 3:16?

Well, how should I know?

I know what!

I'll be the witch of Endor and you be Saul and we'll summon up Mohammed and ask him ourselves! What say?

Or, better yet, let's just take DJMessiah's words at face value:

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Oh please!
Just because we Muslims respect Jesus and recognize him as the messiah as well as one of the prophets of God does not mean we have to worship him like God.

The Koran says worship Allah only. The bible says worship God only.
Muslims recognize Essa as an anointed prophet sent from God (Allah).
The bible says that Christ was anointed and Christ says God sent Him and also claimed to be a prophet.
The Koran addresses the children of Israel and speaks of the covenant Allah made with them.
The bible addresses the children of Israel and speaks of the covenant God made with them.

The Koran says that those who follow Allah only and trust and believe the Apostles that he sends will have their lives given to them on the day of resurrection.

Sound familiar?

[*2.62*] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Ringing any bells?

Does the Quran support John 3:16?

Yes, it does seem to! - it states that Allah sent Jesus, son of Mary, with the truth and the gospel; full of mercy and compassion; and those who believed him were set to receive their reward from Allah; but many did not believe and so did evil by making both Jesus and Mary as gods alongside Allah. It says Allah is not three but ONE.

Suras 57 and 61 mention these things and Jesus by name; and I think there are a couple of other places, also.

AND
Just as the bible says:
Hear O Israel your LORD God is ONE
so does the Koran say that
Allah is ONE.

Phrase it however you wish.

I just think it makes more sense not to say a book believes in another book. Don't you?
Honestly?

It is the most widely recognized and easily comprehended passages in scripture, a theme that is repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Okay. But what does that mean, really? That's not anything more than many popular advertising jingles have legitimate claim to, as well.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." It is not the "end-all" authority, it is the "beginning all" of the authority of Christ.

It's not authority at all - it is a declaration of God's love and mercy - God is the only Savior! Read the book of Isaiah - there is no other God beside the LORD God of Israel - some say Allah! And He sent His servant - He sent many servants, actually - but He sent Christ as the messenger of the covenant.

The authority is God's and God's alone - to do with as He wills. He appointed us our shepherd and guide - and empowered Him and glorified Him...but it is God who rules over ALL, even Christ!

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
~1 Corinthians 15:57

If I recall correctly, you had stated before in Behold, A White Horse that you're not a believer in Christ to be God's One and only son, nor accept the words of Christ as the absolute truth and authority.

Either your memory fails you or your imagination runs away with you.
Christ is indeed the first born of the dead and when He was born of God He was indeed the only Son - begotten directly by God's spirit. And we are begotten through His spirit but we are still to be sons of God, too...
And His words are absolutely the truth as authorized and ordained by the Most High God. I have NEVER said otherwise....I do not worship a man, though - I honor and obey and love and follow my LORD - but I worship God only.

Some non-believers aren't interested. It takes a sincere interest to find God.

But after that so simple!

An inquiry:
'where can I find God?'
and an answer by one who knows:
'he is within you, listen!'

and then...a miracle!...
He says, ever so softly and gently:
' my beloved child - listen, here am i - within your very soul! fear not! for i love you always - for you are perfect and i know all things that you do and i know your every thought and i love you for who you are! i made you! do you not know that to me you are perfect - even when you think you are messing up i love you without fluctuation! let all your worries about me and about you fly away like ashes on the wind! '

This from the lady who wrote a mass hatemail to personal addresses and left a prayer group. Gotcha.

NO, that is actually my 'gotcha,'

....but you just don't see it, not yet. What you perceive as an act of hate was actually one of agape and service - and even of living sacrifice - not forced on me or prompted by any cause from your group; but rather something I was more than willing to do FOR you and others. And everyone else. I am glad you guys pray together because it helped and it still does. For I had made a vow to God and therefore I made it my priority to fulfill it - and I did all that was required before the LORD.

The Nazarite, remember?
Did you ever study up on that, BTW?

The postings are limit me to 10,000 characters and have received correspondence from mods before about remaining on topic. I intend on doing so.

Oh, I see - I really am sorry, then - I wasn't trying to get you sidetracked or bait you, I just wondered why you always say that at the end of your posts. Maybe I should just U2U myself, then?

BTW, my characters are limited the same as yours and it is sure does frustrate me sometimes. I'd rather be 'Gone with the Wind' or 'War and Peace' than 'Reader's Digest!'

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

For those the think the Bible is one book, they must read.

It is a compilation of many books.

Totally true...its not just one book. Its a mess of ideas thrown together with many inconsistencies.
Yet Christianity glosses over these, and Judaism has to have an oral tradition to explain them.

Been there, done that.

Is it a waste? Only if you dont get lost in what you are told to believe it says.
Go with an open mind, read it for what it is worth...inconsistencies and all, and it can be like gold, pointing to something higher than what the established system says.

Amazingly, people have beliefs in the end times that are handed down by opinions, interpretations, and outright fables not even found in the Bible. Quite interesting. If people would read it as the first time, without feeling they have to reject it all or accept it all...then again, its great, otherwise it is a stumbling block...until your tired of stumbling.

Peace to all

dAlen

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I have read the whole chapter. I didn't feel that the following verse clarified the single verse as well as the previous one (which I posted.)

IOW, youre doing exactly what you accused me of: taking the verse out of context to fit your argument.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'm not wanting to fight with you - but your words are not precise and I am pointing that out to you. A book cannot believe in anything. A book is a bundle of paper pages bound in some sort of sturdier cover. How can you judge a book as having beliefs?

The author writes a book. The author uses words to write it. In those words are typically his/her beliefs. Let me clarify (again) I am not the one judging anything. I am using one measure to compare another. The Truth to discern what is not the truth.

And how can you make a determination regarding a whole religion's worth of individual beliefs based on what their holy book 'believes?'

See above.

Have YOU read the Koran?

Yes.

How many persons do you know well enough to discuss spirituality with, that follow Islam?

At present, two. One face to face, the other is distant. Not to say there weren't others in the past.

Well, how should I know?

It's a question I think we should all ask. I'm not entirely sure I'm qualified to give a definitive answer just yet.

I know what!

I'll be the witch of Endor and you be Saul and we'll summon up Mohammed and ask him ourselves! What say?

You know what happened after last time that occurred...or were you really hoping I'd fall upon a sword? This is a sick and twisted proposition of an experiment, that you'd be willing to pick up black magic/necromancy to summon the dead to interview someone about their opinions.

Sound familiar?

The verses sound familiar, but the beliefs expressed about them are not exactly the same as I'd heard from muslim friends. It's the first time I'd heard Christ being acknowledged as THE messiah, rather previously only heard him expressed as a prophet, not the one and only Son of God. Which muslim line of thinking is correct?

[*2.62*] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Ringing any bells?

Is Allah Christ to a follower of the Quran?

Yes, it does seem to! - it states that Allah sent Jesus, son of Mary, with the truth and the gospel; full of mercy and compassion; and those who believed him were set to receive their reward from Allah; but many did not believe and so did evil by making both Jesus and Mary as gods alongside Allah. It says Allah is not three but ONE.

Suras 57 and 61 mention these things and Jesus by name; and I think there are a couple of other places, also.

Ah, but the Bible says Christ is the Son of God, not the son of Mary. In fact, Christ states that Mary is not his mother nor are his brothers his. They were related by blood, but that seems to be the only extent of it.

AND
Just as the bible says:
Hear O Israel your LORD God is ONE
so does the Koran say that
Allah is ONE.

I did not say the Quran and the Bible had no similarities.

I just think it makes more sense not to say a book believes in another book. Don't you?
Honestly?

Don't care if people get the point. If not, I'll rephrase.

It is the most widely recognized and easily comprehended passages in scripture, a theme that is repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Okay. But what does that mean, really? That's not anything more than many popular advertising jingles have legitimate claim to, as well.

It means what it says, which again is here:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

It's not authority at all - it is a declaration of God's love and mercy - God is the only Savior! Read the book of Isaiah - there is no other God beside the LORD God of Israel - some say Allah! And He sent His servant - He sent many servants, actually - but He sent Christ as the messenger of the covenant.

That's not what the passage says. This, and John chapter 1 describes "In the beginning was The Word and the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God...The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the father full of grace and truth". Chapter 2 tells us The Word is Jesus Christ. There's a whole book there, called John, which does an excellent job at diagraming exactly what this means.

Either your memory fails you or your imagination runs away with you.
Christ is indeed the first born of the dead and when He was born of God He was indeed the only Son - begotten directly by God's spirit. And we are begotten through His spirit but we are still to be sons of God, too...
And His words are absolutely the truth as authorized and ordained by the Most High God. I have NEVER said otherwise....I do not worship a man, though - I honor and obey and love and follow my LORD - but I worship God only.

...but you don't believe Jesus is God, as it says in John chapter 1...which leads to John 3:16. "The Word WAS God...the Word became flesh and made his dwelling amoung us..."

But after that so simple!

An inquiry:
'where can I find God?'
and an answer by one who knows:
'he is within you, listen!'

"This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name," - Matthew 6:9

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - Matthew 7:11

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"Is not God in the heights of heaven?
And see how lofty are the highest stars!"

" Thick clouds veil him, so he does not see us
as he goes about in the vaulted heavens." - Job 22:12, 22:14

"But I tell you, in this you are not right, for God is greater than man." Job 33:12

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty." - Deuteronomy 33:36

"He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it." - Genesis 28:12

These are only a start...there are many many more references to God in heaven.

NO, that is actually my 'gotcha,'

....but you just don't see it, not yet. What you perceive as an act of hate was actually one of agape and service - and even of living sacrifice - not forced on me or prompted by any cause from your group; but rather something I was more than willing to do FOR you and others. And everyone else. I am glad you guys pray together because it helped and it still does. For I had made a vow to God and therefore I made it my priority to fulfill it - and I did all that was required before the LORD.

Your "service" was to interfere with prayer to God? That's interesting. I wonder then who you serve.

The Nazarite, remember?
Did you ever study up on that, BTW?

What's your point?

Oh, I see - I really am sorry, then - I wasn't trying to get you sidetracked or bait you, I just wondered why you always say that at the end of your posts. Maybe I should just U2U myself, then?

You have, we've talked, you're not really interested. When you are, certainly let me know.

BTW, my characters are limited the same as yours and it is sure does frustrate me sometimes. I'd rather be 'Gone with the Wind' or 'War and Peace' than 'Reader's Digest!'

I'm with ya there.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It is a difficult topic to be spoken, when it is unclear.

You mustn't mix up the tangible and entangible aspects of GOD and JESUS and Christ.
The bible clears it up in numerous passages. I won't quote that, but I will other stuff,, it should ring bells, or you can go check some references you are familiar with, .. as well as the quran as much as the bible.

JESUS was the boy son of Mary...
CHRIST is 'The Prince of Peace', 'The King of Love'.... in other words it represents TRUE LOVE, which is the acceptance and understanding of all things. Keep that in mind when reading. It differentiates between JESUS as a fleshy boy/man, and CHRIST as A FORCE OF LOVE....

ALLAH IS GOD, But people don't understand GOD just as much as people don't understand ALLAH...

The Living GOD is the ONLY ONE GOD, That is WHY ALLAH and GOD, has SAID, that HE PUTS HIS WORD ABOVE HIS NAME
That means what GOD says as the LIVING WORD, is ABOVE what people write about GOD, or ALLAH.

GOD is LOVE
[John 4:8, 16]

The Qur'an in English A'LAY IMRAN - THE HOUSE OF IMRAN
[75] In fact,
those who keep their promise and guard themselves against evil are His beloved, for
Allah loves only those who guard themselves against such evils.[76] In fact, those
who sell the covenants of Allah and their own oaths for a petty price, shall have no
portion in the hereafter. Allah will neither speak to them nor even look at them nor
cleanse them from their sins on the Day of Judgment. They shall have painful
punishment.[77]

SECTION: 11
O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of
Islám. [102] 3:[102]
And hold fast, all together, by the Rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be
not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favor on you; for
ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became
brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus
doth Allah make His Signs clear to you that ye may be guided. [103] 3:[103]

-
[Isa. 9:6-7]
-
[Eph. 1:9;3:10-12]
-
[John 1:14]
-
[John 10:17]

Hebrews 6:17
Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the HEIRS of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath.

Pslams 119:89-90
Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations.

Pslams 138:2-3
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted your name above all things and your word above your name.

Luke 18:1-2
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up

Ephesians 6:17-18
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Matthew 16:19-20
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18-20
I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For were two or three come together in my name, THERE I AM WITH THEM

Philippians
[1:15] Some indeed preach
Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
[1:16] The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely,
supposing to add affliction to my bonds: [1:17] But the
other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the
gospel. [1:18] What then? notwithstanding, every way,
whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I
therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. [1:19] For I know
that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and
the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, [1:20]

[edit on 11/17/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
die not except in a state of Islám. [102] 3:[102]

Can you describe please in the most specific way possible what this means?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

die not except in a state of Islám. [102] 3:[102]

Can you describe please in the most specific way possible what this means?

You won't like it, but hey, I assuming..

Die not except in a state of IS-AM

This IS What I AM...

IS LAMB... ISLAM...

I know you hate word play, as many do.. but it is staring you in the face.

Stop looking outward.... remember.. Everything outside means something INSIDE of you, it somewhat explains a happening/function inside of you.. because your insides speak different languages and the outside world is how it communicates with us.

You IS thought, Which becomes an I AM being.
entangible into tangible..

thought manifest into being, into flesh... WORD manifest as FLESH.

The full quote

O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of
Islám. [102] 3:[102]

ALL Ah!, Fear the HUMAN body, ALL of it... Ahh!!, Those who call to ALLAH are angry... they know not of the LAMB, they know not of the prince of peace. they know only of ALL Ah!!! They will fall unto their swords and pierce themselves lest they die AS LAMBs... The anger will torment those who have it.

MUSLIM

MUSE LAMB?

MUSE LIMB?

muse (v.) Look up muse at Dictionary.com
"to be absorbed in thought," 1340, from O.Fr. muser (12c.) "to ponder, loiter, waste time," lit. "to stand with one's nose in the air" (or, possibly, "to sniff about" like a dog who has lost the scent)

limb (2) Look up limb at Dictionary.com
1593, "edge of a quadrant or other instrument," from L. limbus "border, hem, fringe, edge," cognate with Skt. lambate "hangs down," Eng. limp. Astronomical sense of "edge of the disk of a heavenly body" first attested 1677

lamb Look up lamb at Dictionary.com
O.E. lamb, from P.Gmc. *lambaz (cf. O.N., O.Fris., Goth. lamb, M.H.G. lamp, Ger. lamm "lamb"). Common to the Gmc. languages, but with no known cognates outside them. O.E. plural was lomberu. Applied to persons (especially young Church members, gentle souls, etc.) from late O.E. Also sometimes used ironically for cruel or rough characters (e.g. Kirke's Lambs in wars of 1684-86).

MUSLaM = THOUGHT LAMP?
MUSLiM = THOUGHT INSTRUMENT?

[edit on 11/17/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You won't like it, but hey, I assuming..

Let's see:

I know you hate word play, as many do.. but it is staring you in the face.

I don't hate it, but you were right to assume I wouldn't like it. English was neither spoken by Christ nor mohammad.

Stop looking outward.... remember.. Everything outside means something INSIDE of you, it somewhat explains a happening/function inside of you.. because your insides speak different languages and the outside world is how it communicates with us.

I'd recommend reviewing the first two chapters of John again. That's not what it says.

Those who call to ALLAH are angry... they know not of the LAMB, they know not of the prince of peace. they know only of ALL Ah!!! They will fall unto their swords and pierce themselves lest they die AS LAMBs... The anger will torment those who have it.

This is interesting and don't know what to make of it yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'd recommend reviewing the first two chapters of John again. That's not what it says.

As you can see from my above posts I have read it, I was not quoting the book of John there... just like I am not quoting the dictionary as I speak.

They are mere words...

Perhaps someones logic is flawed?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
One cannot make validity to ones self. That was Christs Dilemma. Through Miracles, and his actions, a prediction and a fullfillment, he was able to testify to himself. Christ made it clear, that to know God, was through him.

The problem now days, is that Christ himself has come under attack.

If you attack the messenger, how can you know God?

Interestingly enough, we have names like Prophet, Priest, Messiah, and Saint.
Then " Son " shows up out of the blue. Uh oh..didnt see that one coming.

Queen Annie, and Saint. I hear you. Be simple. Remember the Shepard and his sheep?

"Most certainly, I tell you, whoever doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a little child, he will in no way enter into it."

Read ONLY the words of Christ. Rest here on the forum. For a few days, settle your minds. Read the red letters in your Bible. Clear your mind.

Then after reading..and being calm. Being clear of mind, and calm, reflect.

Do you think Christ would argue the validity of the scripture, or the meaning?

And if everyone in the world was like Christ...think of it.

Would we need money? Would we have war? Countries? Nationalism? Greed?
Vanity?

When it comes to pressing ones point, Christ once spoke to a women who was a follower of his. Her husband was against her Christian beliefs, and he was going to cast her out of the house. Christ told her to go back. To be silent, and to be a loving and caring person.

They will know you are Christians by your love and humbleness.

I came across a song..that some may enjoy hearing.

Nickelback...the song is called " If Everyone Cared " Ive post the lyrics here...How true they are..

Nickelback - If Everyone Cared Lyrics
From underneath the trees, we watch the sky
Confusing stars for satellites
I never dreamed that you'd be mine
But here we are, we're here tonight

Singing Amen, I'm alive
Singing Amen, I'm alive

[CHORUS]
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We'd see the day when nobody died

And I'm singing

Amen I, I'm alive
Amen I, I'm alive

And in the air the fireflies
Our only light in paradise
We'll show the world they were wrong
And teach them all to sing along

Singing Amen I'm alive
Singing Amen I'm alive

[CHORUS (X2)]

And as we lie beneath the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride

We'd see the day, we'd see the day
When nobody died
We'd see the day, we'd see the day
When nobody died

This is not a forum of Pride. This is a forum for all to learn and to help each other.

The truth is your all loved, whether you know it or not. The trick is to get everyone to see it, then start change.

You know...when I was going through my divorce....my ex was charging off in a storm...I said this to her; " Theres more to life then money" She yelled...yeah..what!!!!...

I said Love.

Change is in the wind...

Peace

[edit on 17-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 17-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join