It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I greatly enjoy reading passages of Christ in the Bible, and have discovered other passages which I feel to be his words also, yet have been withheld from the current versions of the Bible which we know today.

Some Examples here is a list, with links if you are interested..

I personally reccommend reading the Gospel of the Holy 12 and the Aquarian Gospel.

reluctant-messenger.com...

The Apocalypse of Peter
The Apocalypse of Paul
The Aquarian Gospel of Christ
Christian Reincarnation: The Long Forgotten Doctrine
The Gospel of the Egyptians
The Gospel of Mary Magdalene.
The Gospel of the Nativity of Mary
The Gospel of Nicodemus
The Essene Gospel of Peace
The Gospel of The Perfect Life / Holy (12) Twelve
The Gospel of Philip
The Gospel of Thomas
The Gospel of Truth
The Lost Doctrines of Christianity
The Lost Gospel of Peter
The Lost Years of Jesus
The Treatise on the Resurrection

In reading some of these, I have discovered that its conceivable that Christ carried a considerably more robust message in terms of a lifestyle in the areas of eating meat, the captivation of livestock, alcohol, and a multitude of parrables which I have not seen in the new testament.

In reading the The Gospel of the Holy Twelve, the introduction carries the following information.

Rev. Ouseley writes: and is quoted below....
"The early Christian Fathers did well their work of destroying the sources and records from which they gathered the information and data put by them in the Bible. But they failed to destroy it all. Some escaped, and as it is discovered here and there by patient research workers, it is astonishing to see how the world has been deceived by the Christian Fathers.

"The Original Gospel is preserved in one of the Buddhist monasteries in Tibet, and is written in Aramaic. These 'correctors' (men authorized to 'correct' the text of Scripture in the interests of what was considered orthodoxy) cut out of the Gospels with minute care certain teachings of Our Lord's which they did not propose to 'follow, namely, those against flesh eating, such as accounts of our Lord's interference, on several occasions, to save animals from ill treatment, and even the interesting and important teachings ever prominent in Eastern scriptures."

We have referred elsewhere to the "correctors" who were hired by the Church Fathers at the Council of Nicea to alter the original text of the Gospels, leaving out those doctrines that were obnoxious to their emperor, Constantine, whom they desired to convert to Christianity, which he opposed. Chief among these objectionable doctrines were the prohibition against the use of flesh meat and alcohol, and the recommendation of kindness to animals, all of which constituted the fundamental doctrines of the teachings of Christ. On this point Udny writes: "The great significance of the corruption of the Text lies rather in the nature of the matter struct out by the 'correctors' than in the amount. It is evident that the 'correctors' and those who appointed them were at least unwilling to denounce their beef and beer, a convenient alliteration for flesh and alcohol."

If one reads this Gospel, you will hear the heart of Christ in such a manner where his tenderness to all of Gods creations is seen, and not just man.

In theAquarian Gospel, I found a passage where Jesus returns to and area where Melchezedek had been with Abraham. The description varies greatly from the old testament...

And here it was that one, the Prince of Peace, the king of Salim, came; the Christ in human form; a greater far than Abraham was he. 13 And here it was that Abraham gave to this king of Salim, tithes of all he had. 14 This Prince of Peace went forth in battle everywhere. He had no sword; no armour of defence; no weoapons of offence; 15 And yet he conquered men, and nations trembled at his feet. 16 The hosts of Egypt quailed before this sturdy king of right; the kings of Egypt placed their crowns upon his head, 17 And gave into his hands the sceptre of all Egypt land, and not a drop of blood was shed, and not a captive placed in chains; 18 But everywhere the conqueror threw wide the prison doors and set the captives free. 19 And, once again, the Prince of Peace has come, and from these blesed hills he goes again to fight. 20 And he is clothed in white; his sword is truth, his sheild is faith; his helmet is innocence; his breath is love; his watchword peace. 21 But this is not a carnal war; it is not man at war with man; but it is right against the wrong. 22 And love is captain, love is warrior, love is armour, love is all, and love shall win. 23 And then again the hills of Bethlehem were clothed with light, again the messenger exclaimed, 24 Peace, peace on earth, good will to men. 25 And Jesus taught the people; healed the sick; revealed the mysteries of the kingdom of the Holy One. 26 And many said, He is the Christ; the king who was to come has come; Praise God.

Melchezedek is mentioned in Hebrews, as well as other scripture. He is mentioned I think even in Genesis. Hes a one man Army. Similar to Krishna...another one man army.

Christ mentions that we will be directed in the path of truth one day; Let me refresh your memory...

"There are many things which I have to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit the Spirit of Truth whom I will send unto you from above, shall guide you into all truth, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you from above, shall guide you into all truth, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you."

And in regards to women....

18 "Wherefore I say unto you, after God your best thoughts should belong to the women and the wives, woman being for you the temple wherein you will obtain the most easily perfect happiness

Jesus talks at lenght about woman here..do a control F and find woman. This is the Christ I know.

reluctant-messenger.com...

The truth is the truth is the truth. Hate terminates hate, and ultimately, truth restores itself.

The way of Christ is the Truth as are his words. His words are not opinions, they are the truth of path. They way man was supposed to be.

Its time we open our eyes. There are nuggets of truth all around us. We know the spirit of Christs way. The question is, can you hear it in scripture you havent read.

We are the sheep. Let he who has ears,

[edit on 3-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Is this a PETA sponsored version of the Bible? I don't see where you get that Jesus was focused on our diet more than our actions and attitudes.

"I have come that ye might have a meat-free diet and to eat bread more abundantly."

Don't you remember the stories about Jesus helping his disciples catch and eat fish?

John 12:6 And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch." So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish.

9 So when they got out on the land, they saw a charcoal fire already laid and fish placed on it, and bread. 10 Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have now caught."

13 Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and the fish likewise.

We could go on and on all day with stories of Jesus feeding the 5,000 with bread and fish. We also know that Jesus participated in passover meals which included lamb. Next week I'll post my version of the Bible where Jesus says we should only drive hybrid vehicles or bicycles.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Don't forget about turning water into wine. Although I don't think you can say it was defintely alcoholic it does seem logical considering the times. Due to the lack of refrigeration and modern day preservatives alcoholic drinks simply held up better.

At any rate the books of the apocrypha are an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Remember: U R what U eat.

Cow or fish?

I'd rather be a mermaid, me-self!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It is important to read first before one responds.

In response..Fish yes. Red meat as in Mammal, perhaps no.

And is was said in regards to Jesus " Therefore ye shall eat no flesh, nor drink strong drink, for the child shall be consecrated unto God from its mother's womb, and neither flesh nor strong drink shall he take, nor shall razor touch his head "

And Christ said: " Woe to the strong who misuse their strength, Woe to the hunters for they shall be hunted " .
8. And the man marvelled, and left off training the dogs to hunt, and taught them to save life rather than destroy, And he learned of the doctrines of Jesus and became his disciple...

And Jesus answered: No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.

. And what doth the Eternal command you but to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God? Is it not written that in the beginning God ordained the fruits of the trees and the seeds and the herbs to be food for all flesh?
7. But they have made the House of Prayer a den of thieves, and for the pure Oblation with Incense, they have polluted my altars with blood, and eaten of the flesh of the slain

3. God giveth the grains and the fruits of the earth for food: and for righteous man truly there is no other lawful sustenance for the body

The premise of this origninal post was the our scriptures have been altered and modified to accomodate culture and commerce.

I have your Peta. When the natural ways of the earth have been terminated in the forms of life which as interdependent here, the echoes of extinction will ring in your ears.

Man does not like the truth about interdependency and liberty given to all life forms. Man does not like the truth about Christs message..

We kill people in the name of Democracy. An institutional concept.
We kill babies in the name of economic feasability for young couples.

Start here. Love one another. Eat in moderation.
Last time I checked, America leads the world in beef consumption and coronarys.
Dig in.

Where do these scriptures come from? People making them up? Did we have 100 Jesuses walking around saying different things? The Bible as we know it does not contain all of what is out there regarding Christ.

What about what Christ is quoted as saying about women if you dont agree on the meat thing. Try reading some of the scrupture rather then typing canned Rhetoric.

Peace

[edit on 3-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
HIFIGUY, excellent job with these findings. I myself am not christian because it has become something totally different than what it should be, and I don't believe in worshiping a name or a symbol. I do however tell people to find the true message in Yehoshua's teachings, the message of love and peace for all. It is very refreshing to see that more people are starting to realize just what the church has been about all of these years and are realizing that many men have manipulated teachings to their benifit. Way to go with this thread, keep up the good work.

Peace and love be with you always,

Pancho

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
from the front page of your source:

Is it possible that an uncorrupted version of the gospels was found in a tibetan monastary? The Gospel of The Perfect Life is purported to be such a document.

the words "possible" and "purported" pretty much say it all. do you want to tell everyone the truth of where these "gospels" came from, or would you like me to? because i've been through all of this many times before.

i'll give you folks a hint: where did the majority of the really fantastic stuff in the Mahabharata come from?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
While we could point to the authenticity of the scripture, lets perhaps real back
a more realistic rendition of scriptural accuracy.

Jesus is documented as having traveled to the east. We can point fingers as to whether one feels one scripture is any more valid then another, and yet somehow its really a lesson in futility. No matter what is found, there is a bottom line to Christ and his teachings.

The Essence of Christ, and the Spirit of his will is what Im really striving for here.

I review and read the above listed texts because I feel there are portions of Christs voice that are perhaps more accurately told. That in fact, when Christ spoke and said: : " The sheep will know the shepard by his voice " that he was indeed speaking of things such as this as well as his return.

What I am seeing is an overall will of Christ. Love and Respect each other, even if it means backing down, and practice humilty.

If one does this, Christ says that we have honored the law of the Prophets and done the will of the Lord God. Not to mention, Christs desire.

A wise man will see that the world of Capitalism, greed, nationalism, and a regression in oppression would be the end result. A world of community and unity.
A race living in a Universe of Infinity on a ball of rock called earth.

When will we finally understand? What is the Golden Glue that can heal the world?

Might against might, and sword against sword. When the warriors are dead, only the peacemakers will stand.

Love and Wisdom is the answer. Practice at all levels is needed by all mankind. From the Family, to the diplomat. From the child, to the adult. All people need to take a step back, rather then an aggressive step forward. Its the only way.

Peace

[edit on 4-11-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
judging by your response i'm going to assume that you know exactly what these texts are, where they are from, and simply do not want to discuss the fact that they are either texts which have been "devined" from spirits centuries after the events in question much like the Mahabharata, or are texts from the koran, in which Jesus is not the messiah, but simply another prophet....and has a tendency to use his powers for mischief.

i'll pass, thanks.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
judging by your response i'm going to assume that you know exactly what these texts are, where they are from, and simply do not want to discuss the fact that they are either texts which have been "devined" from spirits centuries after the events in question much like the Mahabharata, or are texts from the koran, in which Jesus is not the messiah, but simply another prophet....and has a tendency to use his powers for mischief.

i'll pass, thanks.

Yes, these are Gnostic writings. They are written hundreds of years after the true gospels and are written to hide the truth.

These writings are merely tools of the deceiver, used fool the weak and blind who seek not after the truth.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Whosoever seeks not after the truth will not find truth - even the bible lies to the seeker of un-truth.

But the seeker of truth finds truth in all the places he seeks.

This is a proven point.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"After my departure there will arise the ignorant and the crafty, and many things will they ascribe unto Me that I never spake, and many things which I did speak will they withhold, but the day will come when the clouds shall be rolled away, and the Sun of Righteousness shall shine forth with healing in his wings."

Im interested in hearing the truth.

What things were withheld?

What things were ascribed to him that he did not speak?

What would be the true result if we honored the teachings of Christ?
In your family. In your community. In your nation. On your planet.

Let he who speaks the truth, strike his pen and let the spirit of truth be heard.

Let he who is worthy, come forth.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
the spirit of truth and the true meaning of christ's words do not come from false and misleading works of fiction. nor do they come from the koran. if you wish to promote the words of our lord and saviour, why do you quote texts from a religion that doesnt recognize him as such? i know why: the only reason stories of christ were added to the koran is to trick the uneducated into leaving the church to join a religion of hatred. a religion that teaches not to turn the other cheek as christ taught, but to take the whole family for an eye; not to love thy enemy as christ taught, but to kill him. a religion that will not be satisfied until the entire world is under it's oppressive rule and women everywhere are beaten because they allowed themselves to be savagely raped.

find your converts someplace else. i am a follower of the one true christ.....not some prophet who will walk behind the mahdi, but the one true messiah who has promised me, and everyone else who believes, a place in his eternal kingdom.

but be warned...those who attempt to turn others from him with deceit and lies will not find pleasure in his sight.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't understand the attitude expressed to the non canonic Christian writings. Merely being written down is not (really, really, NOT) the main criterion for justification of truth.

By way of analogy... there are many scientific papers published every year. Not all are eventualy shown to be correct. Some are put to the test, shown wanting, and are discarded. We don't go around poo-pooing Einstein becuase he wrote further away from Newton's time as did some random 18th century dunce. The tests are the same.

The non canonic writings were discarded becuase they were not in conformity with orthodoxy as it had been handed down by oral tradition. (although in some cases it was easy also to prove that the writings were frauds [i.e. pretending to be written by apostolic eyewitness when it was manifestly not]).

No-one was writing these documents for their own fun or as a kind of diary. They were all written for theological purposes. This is why, amongst other things, no Gospel is concerned with narrative detail such as what ayone actually looked like - the point is theology, not narrative. So from that perspective they should be tested accordingly, which is all the bishops who eventually decided on the canon could do. And what they seem to have actually done.

No-one has hidden the other writings: You have read them for goodness sake. They are published. They are very interesting as examples of what unorthodox sects were thinking at the times they were written, and also as examples of how the rather revolutionary new philosophical proposals of Christianity were being merged and filtered through other philosophical systems (it took a thousand years for Aquinas to manage to bring Greek classical philosophy to bear upon Christianity in a way that didn't lead to unorthodox conclusions).

Just cos they were written is not proof of veracity at all. Hell, most modern Christians could write a pretty good new Gospel if they wanted to, and it would sound very Christian too. And we'd have as many of them as there are dots on this screen.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by d60944]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Look, if make Christianity meat free, what ever.. I will go imagine up a new god that cheers on the eating of meat!

MMMM... pork chops... big juicy cheese burgers... mmmmm steak.

Yep, diet is more important to me.

And I agree with the above poster, PETA sponsored this!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
I don't understand the attitude expressed to the non canonic Christian writings. .

Why not? Most are Gnostic lies. Whats not to understand?

No-one was writing these documents for their own fun or as a kind of diary. They were all written for theological purposes.

You're right, they were written keep the blind in the dark.
Somehow I think you understand what they are.

Hey, nice Avatar. I wonder what it means......................errr ahhh........
OKAY, ................Somehow, I think you know I understand.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How can anything derived from true gnosis be a lie?

Gnosis is the pure indwelling mind of the Holy Spirit.

No lies there.

The lie lies in the eyes which read.

The Koran is not a lie.
Neither is the bible - OT or NT.

All true.

But then, again, depends on who is reading the words....

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
if you wish to promote the words of our lord and saviour, why do you quote texts from a religion that doesnt recognize him as such?

Oh please!
Just because we Muslims respect Jesus and recognize him as the messiah as well as one of the prophets of God does not mean we have to worship him like God.

i know why: the only reason stories of christ were added to the koran is to trick the uneducated into leaving the church to join a religion of hatred.

It's wonderful how the spirit of love flows through you and what you preach.
What a religion of hatred indeed. I mean with verses such as, "And if they incline towards peace, then incline to it and trust in Allah" (8:61), stating that if an enemy wants peace then Muslims must also accept peace with them, who can't call this a religion of "hatred.

a religion that teaches not to turn the other cheek as christ taught, but to take the whole family for an eye

If you're going to say something so absurd, then you can atleast post your proof that the Quran says this.

not to love thy enemy as christ taught, but to kill him.

The quote from above, regarding peace should suffice to show how we can forgive our enemies. Now on the matter of Jesus's enemies, do tell us what the Bible says were the fate of God's enemies. If you're willing to worship Jesus as God, you can also accept that as God, he caused near complete genocide of nations and humanity.

a religion that will not be satisfied until the entire world is under it's oppressive rule

No doubt, you've never even bothered to read the Quran, much less study about this religion you feel so strongly against. If what you say is true, tell us why the Quran says to struggle against oppression:

Surrah 2:193:

"And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression."

and women everywhere are beaten because they allowed themselves to be savagely raped.

I don't even know how to respond to such an ignorant comment. This is so far from Islam, that you're making up lies. If you're going to make up lies like this, you can have enough decency to not spread your hate.

find your converts someplace else. i am a follower of the one true christ.....

That's your opinion, and you're most certainly entitled to it. I won't deny you your right to say it.

not some prophet who will walk behind the mahdi, but the one true messiah who has promised me, and everyone else who believes, a place in his eternal kingdom.

So tell us what happens to those who don't believe in him, the ones who are his enemies. Will he forgive them and "turn the other cheek" to let them into "his" kingdom too?

I would suggest you stick to the topic and not deviate from it, as it is against the ToS. If you feel inclined to post your opinions on Islam for debate, make a new thread, and I'll gladly reply there.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

and women everywhere are beaten because they allowed themselves to be savagely raped.

I don't even know how to respond to such an ignorant comment. This is so far from Islam, that you're making up lies. If you're going to make up lies like this, you can have enough decency to not spread your hate.

You might try watching the news...............you would find his comment was not in ignorance.........Yours is.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
You might try watching the news...............you would find his comment was not in ignorance.........Yours is.

Since it's in the news, show us where the media says "women get beaten because they allow themselves to be savagely raped."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join