It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google as ruined YouTube already!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Been on YouTube lately? Unashamed adverts everywhere, especially the full screen flashy one that appears after you do a search.

God I hate Google. They are the Walmart or Tesco of the Internet world!
:bnghd:

McP

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh thats so incredibly annoying.
liek I thought I was going to have a seziure

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Honestly, I have'nt really noticed a difference.

It looks the same to me now as it did pre-google,
acts the same way to.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The only noticable difference that I found is that it seems to be loading a bit slower.:shk:

...Iori...
A jellyfish... with EYES?!

Whats with that? PS?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
...Iori...

Whats with that? PS?

Actually it's not a jellyfish, it's a squid.

It's a deep sea species that is bioluminescent
and transparent.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
The only noticable difference that I found is that it seems to be loading a bit slower.:shk:

...Iori...

Whats with that? PS?

That's because of the exposure it got after the Google deal, and I too have not noticed much of a difference. I've never found Googles advertising system to be too obnoxious. There are far worse types of advertising on the next. I'd go so far as to say the ATS has more advertising then YouTube(at least for Non Members). Perhaps that's what Youtube should do now, inundate non-members and entice them to start a free account in return for a significant reduction in advertising. Like say Pop-ups/downs, slide panels, etc. They also should develop an Adsense version for Youtube that will be able to compensate any and all copyright holders that wants to host their content on that site. Comedy Network just struck a deal btw so any and all Daily Show clips(minus full shows) shall be back up by now.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
the only difference i noticed is that the goverment now has tabs on all the seaches and videos

SSHHH!! dont say i said anything!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What about the big flashy ad when you do a search? That wasnt there before was it?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
What about the big flashy ad when you do a search? That wasnt there before was it?

I see two banner ads. What so wrong with banner ads? ATS has them. No Popups, or unders or slide ads either.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

I see two banner ads. What so wrong with banner ads? ATS has them. No Popups, or unders or slide ads either.

It must be just me then! I am NOT on about the banner ads. Its, and I repeat, the BIG FLASHY AD when you have done a search and the whole screen flashes that pissed me off. It'll give you an epeleptic fit if you watch it for long enough!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Honestly, I have'nt really noticed a difference.

Me niether.
But the irony of this vid on YouTube kills me.

Stephen Colbert on the YouTube Rip-Off

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

the whole screen flashes that pissed me off. It'll give you an epeleptic fit if you watch it for long enough!!!

Oh! I think I know what you are talking about. Does it flash white, black, and grey? I think that is a bug in the ad. I've seen the same ad on other websites and it buggers up the whole page.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

It must be just me then! I am NOT on about the banner ads. Its, and I repeat, the BIG FLASHY AD when you have done a search and the whole screen flashes that pissed me off. It'll give you an epeleptic fit if you watch it for long enough!!!

I have never encountered that advert before.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It must be that bug Umbrax mentioned! It does seem over the top so much it must be a bug!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
the only difference i noticed is that the goverment now has tabs on all the seaches and videos

SSHHH!! dont say i said anything!

google didn't give up anything to the US governement

now, if we were in CHINA it would be a completely different story

being the huge company that it is, it could afford to take the government to court, unlike youtube, and it would win

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Uh there is either more ads on youtube or there isn't? this is not an issue of opinion is it? It seemed like more ads to me.

One thing I noticed is that more flicks seem to have an adult rating for some reason even if it isn't justified.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Those ads you are talking about are not "Google style". Google make simple eye friendly ads which are not blockable. Those ads you've seen are probably blockable with Adblock plus and filterset.g.

[edit on 2006-11-8 by bracke]

top topics

join