It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn Colonel and his Nazi Style Anti-Repugnant Political Propaganda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That's right. You heard me.

The Colonel could very well be a propagandist.
He has executed his progaganda with extreme efficiency and managed to wind the term Repugnant into the very hearts and minds of the people of ATS. i should know. All night at work last night I couldn't get the word "Repugnant" outta my head. "It's those damn Repugnants!", "Damn those Repugnants", "Damn Colonel and his Repugnant propoganda...he executed it with style..he'll hear about this!" and so you shall Colonel.

Develope a term that is easy for the mind to absorb.
Let everyone know what the term means.
Condem a group of people and blame everything on them calling them by that term.
Silently a revolution begins.

Republicans = Repugnants. Everyone knows this on ATS because Colonel wont shut up about them.
The abuse those Repugnants have recieved from the Colonel is astounding.
I dont even know what the Repugnants have done or what they havn't done.
I wouldn't even have an idea of what thier policies are or wha htey stand for in thier political struggle. Hell I'm not even American yet I know that the Repugnants are at fault for everything. They are to blame! It's the Repugnants fault! How do I know this? Becuase the Colonel has repeatedly told everyone that it is true a million times, and once something has been told to you a million times, you start to believe it is true. This is propaganda flying right into our ears and changing our thoughts in politics.

Would I if I was an American vote for the Repugnants at the next election? No WAY! The Colonel has told me they are to blame for everything a million times...It must be true.

I would rather not vote than to vote for those Repugnants!

Could the Colonel be a propagandist for another political party? He could very well be.

"The Colonel lays wounded on the battlefield of ideas, who will take up his flag and fight on for truth, justice, and freedom against the oppressive repugnats?" - Colonel

I wouldn't vote for the oppressive Repugnants. Would you?

Are the Repugnants really that bad?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I know a few things. I am by far not intelligent. I dont claim that I am. Colonel on the other hand. He uses big words, but has no idea what they mean. Somewhat like Don King. In other words he has no idea what he is talking about.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
yeah the damn repugnants with thier spirit of cain[what the hell is the spirit of cain anyway?]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I agree with most of what he says(although I admit he comes across a little radical sometimes) I think thats more out of frusteration, which I totally understand. I see the word Demorats posted. How is that different than Repugnant? I think Colnel & Bout time are pretty bright. Anyway, this is just MY opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeah, personally, i wish the colonel would have stayed gone.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by romantico
1) although I admit he comes across a little radical sometimes

2) think Colnel & Bout time are pretty bright. Anyway, this is just MY opinion.

1) Sometimes ? SOMETIMES ???

2) You can speak with BT even if you don't agree with him or if he don't agree with you. With KKKolonel, forget about it. You're WITH him or AGAINST him.

Anyway, there is only him to think his propaganda is working.
Aaaahhh, those repugnant Democrats.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
or disagree with him without him exploding. He got banned because of it. There are many others here who are conservatives who don't like being challenged. Ultra_Phoneix, how can you single out Colonel & Bout Time w/out including others?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Isn't this thread about colonel, romantico? Besides, I think he has had it coming.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
All I am saying is I agree with him. He has the right to speak his mind as anyone else here does. Those I don't agree with I usually say my opinion or I just ignore it.I'm showing my support for Colonel.Thats all. Lighten up,dude.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think both sides are evil. Just right now, I think the conservatives are just lil' bit more evil.

Here are some other terms that I have seen for the sides:

Reich Wingers
Cheap-Labor Conservatives

Demorats
Knee Jerk Liberal (Don't know what that means...lil' help please)
Bleeding Heart Liberal

I'm pretty sure we can find or think of more if we really tried...if it really mattered. Fact is, there will always be mudslingers for either side. I prefer intelligient discussion than battles in the mud. Both sides of this board have become keen to it.

(Yes, I now see the stupidity in posting an anti-mudslinging post in The Political Mud Pit forum.)

[Edited on 11/12/2003 by OXmanK]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I agree with the Colonel for the most part, but I think he lays it on waaay too thick. I think it actually hurts his cause and those of others on this website who may share the same sentiment but aren't as....energetic.

On the other hand, he provides a nice counterbalance to the loud, foam-at-the-mouth, radical right-wingers on this website that outnumber (maybe) the moderates or liberals. I find their message far more disturbing, violent, and dark than the Colonel's.

Also, the term "Repugnant" has never really stuck with me. First of all the phonics of it aren't smooth....it doesn't roll of the tongue. Secondly, I don't think the true enemy is Republicans, it's crazy conservatives, which are not limited only to that party.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have four words...

It is just politics.

No matter what you think of Colonel, he's got style... and in political mud slinging, style points are at least 60% of the total score.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by William]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK

(Yes, I now see the stupidity in posting an anti-mudslinging post in The Political Mud Pit forum.)

What stupidity???

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Colonel what can you say ............the guy trys to cram his opinions into the minds of others without even stoping to hear the other persons ideas for this i despise him.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tealc
The Colonel what can you say ............the guy trys to cram his opinions into the minds of others without even stoping to hear the other persons ideas for this i despise him.

You're just mad cause I dissed you and your girl the other day.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I Have Spoken

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What, a political fight ? Where ? Where ?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Despite the fact that Colonel and myself never see eye to eye, I like the Colonel. He says what he feels, and nobody pushes him around.

There are however times when I would like to this to him....

Or after a long day of fighting with him,I could use a little of this.....:w:
And there are certain days when this would be appropriate

But most of the time I would like to do this.....

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How'd my name come up here?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I enjoy reading the Colonel's posts. 99% of them make me laugh. When you read the garbage he regurgitates time and time again, you learn to laugh at him.

No way any self respecting democrat, or anyone for that matter, should take him serious.

<<   2 >>

join