It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-117 Retired

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaaa
Wow, no big announcement, no media coverage, but the end of first generation stealth:

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1162421411280&call_pageid=968332188854&col=96835006 0724

I saw a story on it on ABS World News, and of course George Knapp and Channel 8 in Vegas covered it. Here is a link, there is the story and a video of the coverage.

Nighthawk Retired

They even interviewed Dreamland Resort Webmaster Joerg Arnu.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Kinda makes you sit back and appreciate just how advanced our military R&D is above any other country.

We have retired our stealth fighter after 25 years of service, a freaking generation, while no other country even has one operational.....(at least I think!)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know what you mean, when I heard that they were going to retire it, I was not sure if I heard them correctly! It seems just like yesterday when we were watching it roll out and take an active roll in combat.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There are still two Nighthawks flying at Air Force Plant 42 at Palmdale, California. It would be nice to know when the final flight takes place. There will probably not be an announcement.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join