It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do one prove esp?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
how do one prove that esp works to people that is very sceptic, and only believes what scientists say on the subject?

the problem is that i know it works, but i cannot prove it other than to myself.

a little help here would be nice fellas

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
describe how you know it works?
What proves it to you?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
how do one prove that esp works to people that is very sceptic, and only believes what scientists say on the subject?

the problem is that i know it works, but i cannot prove it other than to myself.

a little help here would be nice fellas

Well, are you the wealthiest person alive? Of course if you had some sort of extra sensory perception you would be able to accomplish things no other human could. Like the person before me said....how do you know you have it, because if it is good enough to prove it to you, it should be good enough to prove it to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Dark,

Unfortunately, it is, thus far, un-provable. I too have bouts of strong ESP or as I prefer to call it, hightened intuition.

The problem with proof, is everyone seems to think because you have these senses, you should win the lottery. Unfortunately, intuition, ESP, psychic ability, etc, is all in the interpretation. Each sensation, "vision", or feeling must be interpreted by the "receiver". If interpreted correctly, great, if interpreted wrong, it does not help.

You see this in action everyday with the likes of John Edward, Sylvia Browne and other big name psychics. Even the psychics that help police solve cases are not correct every time. It is all in the interpretation.

Have I been right sometimes??? Yes, there are even individuals here that could somewhat attest to that. (names will not be given). Have I been wrong??? Absolutely!!! I am lucky to interpret 50% accuracy. Usually more in the 25% area. Do I believe that these abilities exist? You better bet your ass I do.

Proof????? There is, as I say, at this point, no way to prove anything. Someday I hope to see a way to prove it, but, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I usually go make a few streetlights go on and off at will....that pretty much does the trick...but they wonder at why it's only certain ones that are effected (I wonder it too, so....???)

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I want to see you or anyone turn off street lights with your mind only. And I want to pick the street lights. I would only believe an experiment like that if I was in control of the situation.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well darskspace, what sort of esp do you think you have? Perhaps we could conduct an experiment on the board.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Kano]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
I want to see you or anyone turn off street lights with your mind only. And I want to pick the street lights. I would only believe an experiment like that if I was in control of the situation.

that is one ability i do not posess any more.
i did it when i was younger, don't know why it doesn't work any more.
i can't prove it, but you can't prove that i didn't do it either. so that's a stalemate.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think that is a good idea Kano. Maybe there is a way to conduct an experiment. It would be really interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace

Originally posted by Seapeople

that is one ability i do not posess any more.
i did it when i was younger, don't know why it doesn't work any more.
i can't prove it, but you can't prove that i didn't do it either. so that's a stalemate.

I cant prove you didnt, you are right. That is the argument most people present when dealing with these types of issues. If you can do it, that would go against the grain. I am not saying it is impossible. I am saying until you prove it under a copntrolled environment, the logical statement is what I and most other people will accept. It would be illogical otherwise. maybe someday you will be able to prove it. I wish you the best.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i have never had any formal training. but how do you propose to do an experiment over such great distances.
the only gift i can prove is that i am a kind of telepathic empath. i can send but not good at recieving. and it is not konstant.
curious about what sort of experiment you are proposing here. well, one can try, right?

well, i Probably am Crazy, beyond doubt...

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by darkspace]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well what are you saying you are capable of?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This whole thing reminds me of the dude that is offering like $1m to anyone who can prove they have the ability. The catch is, you have to prove it in his environment and he controls everything. How is that proof it does not exist??? I can use the same arguement in teaching a class. I control the environment of the classroom, and give out the ciriculum (sp?) and I also tell you what I expect.

Now my question, is PROVE you are smart.

I forgot to mention, this is pass/fail. If you pass, you are smart, if you fail, you are dumb. My class and all classwork is based on quantum physics.

Now, not many people are going to pass this class. Does that PROVE that they are dumb??? I think not.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Well what are you saying you are capable of?

i am not going to specify what i can or cannot do.
i was able to do a lot of things when i was younger.
but, one thing about me other people finds annoying about is that i tend to say the sentences they were going to say just moments before they are about to say them. a little difficult to describe for me because my lack of being able to describe things with written words.
no, i am not lying, why should i do that?
i never lie, but i may not tell the whole truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have always seen ghosts and other weird stuff do I have esp

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I usually go make a few streetlights go on and off at will....that pretty much does the trick...but they wonder at why it's only certain ones that are effected (I wonder it too, so....???)

I have (had) ESP. I've pretty much blocked it out though because it was affecting me too much as a kid. I saw too many things that came true. The last vision I remember seeing is a plane crashing into a small field locally only to read in the newspaper the next morning that it had actually occured. And the plane and the location of it looked exactly as it did in my vision. I think I was about 12 or 13 at the time.

Like scientists say, we use less than 10% of our brain. Perhaps some of us have ways of turning parts of the brain on that we have yet to find out about. Theres a lot we have yet to even understand about ourselves.

Oh, and that streetlight thing? I have that ability too, except I can't control it....they just happen to turn off when I'm near them. My friends thought I was crazy at first, until street lights started turning off when they were around me.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
This whole thing reminds me of the dude that is offering like $1m to anyone who can prove they have the ability. The catch is, you have to prove it in his environment and he controls everything. How is that proof it does not exist??? I can use the same arguement in teaching a class. I control the environment of the classroom, and give out the ciriculum (sp?) and I also tell you what I expect.

Now my question, is PROVE you are smart.

I forgot to mention, this is pass/fail. If you pass, you are smart, if you fail, you are dumb. My class and all classwork is based on quantum physics.

Now, not many people are going to pass this class. Does that PROVE that they are dumb??? I think not.

i take that you are refering to james randi

i believe that he is a fraud myself. but who knows.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
heh
so this was how all the talk about experimenting with esp started. had forgotten about that

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Technically, turning off lamp-posts would be telekenesis.

I think the only way I would believe you had telepathy would be to spend half an hour with you, face to face.

I don't think talking about it on an internet forum would ever be able to prove anything like that with the possible exception of remote viewing. (tell me what is in my office, etc).

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i believe in esp.....because i believe the human brain is capable of doing a lot more than just what we think it can do

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join