It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Teenager Shot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Stumbled on this and thought some of you might be interested in it.

A teenager carrying a Bible and shouting "I want Jesus" was shot twice with a police stun gun and later died at a St. Louis hospital, authorities said.

www.wwltv.com...

EDITChanged title due to misinterpretation.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Gear]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is ridiculous - you DID read this article right? The kid was not stunned for being Christian as your header says - he was stunned for being non-compliant. Your attempt to turn this into a religious issue is just sickening and far, far too common. Have some integrity and issue an apology. This is about living in the American Police State, NOT religion. Although the argument could be made that, now, religion and politics are synonymous in America...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker_1
The kid was not stunned for being Christian as your header says - he was stunned for being non-compliant. Your attempt to turn this into a religious issue is just sickening and far, far too common. Have some integrity and issue an apology.

I apologise for nothing.
He was expressing his beliefs and as a result he was shot.
After he was shot the first time he was then shot a second time for being non-compliant.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

...17-year-old Roger Holyfield would not acknowledge officers who approached him and he continued yelling, "I want Jesus"....

Police tried to calm the teen, but Holyfield became combative, according to the statement. Officers fired the stun gun at him after he ignored their warnings, then fired again when he continued struggling, police said"

I wonder if he had some sort of mental handicap...seems somewhat odd, to me at least, that somebody would be walking along the street screaming 'I want Jesus', then begin to yell it at police officers.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He wasn't shot for being Christian, plus he wasn't intentionally killed.

Seriously I just love how some people try to drag religion into things.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Im sorry that the police are using less lethal weapons, and not beating people with nightsticks to bring them down. If I were a cop, I would have done the same thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That was my first thought, too, is that he might have some kind of mental illness. Whatever it was, he wasn't compliant with the police orders even before the first shot. And we are talking stun guns here, not assault weapons. THe cops probably were there in the first place because they suspected they had a dangerous invidivudal on their hands and didn't want him to be a danger to himself or society.

Christian persecution? I think not.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There's no escaping that the guy was mentally disturbed and a possible threat to himself or others. Maybe 'Jesus' was the name of his drug dealer. At any rate, I have come to expect more integrity here than to post trash like this - there are many places that such infantilism would be expected and welcomed.

join