It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paranoia, keeping "the man" out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy website, and you never know who to trust. Who is to say there aren't government employees acting and normal people but are really here to spy on us on this webpage? I'm a full of paranoia and i was wondering if people out there had their own little quirks about how they keep big brother out, and protect themselves.
1.) I never lick envelopes shut because someone could get my DNA from there and do the unlimited.
2.) When i go to the men's room, i always take the furthest urinal from the door so i can see everyone who come in and goes out.
3.) I sleep with "one eye open".

That is just a few from me, how about you people?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Everytime a helicopter flies overhead, I think they are watching me.
I mean, yeah, we are living in times that can make us all a bit quarky.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I rinse every cup i drink out of 4 times.

I think that's just because I'm grossed out by other people drinking out of the same cup though...

I also try not to talk to anyone who won't look me in the eye... to me that seems a bit odd and shows shifty character.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Brandon, that's not Paranoia, that's Obsessive Compulsion. Go see a Psychiatrist. If that sounds rude or cruel I do not mean it like that. My mother has extreme OCD and I inherited it to a lesser extent, for instance I have a problem where I have to count every power-line I cross under while driving. Trust me we are one and the same in the OCD boat.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Haha, yeah I've been told it's OCD. It's all good

I'm suprised more people haven't responded to this thread, as it would seem more people on a CT site would be a little more vocal about the precautions they take.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
well, i always use the furthest urinal from the door because I figure it will be the cleanest. I figure all the lazy guys who piss all over the urinal will use the closest one to the door.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I use the urinal farthest from the door as well. There are alot of freaks that hang out near public restrooms. So i keep my eyes peeled.

I also look both ways before crossing the street.

That's about as paranoid or obsessive compulsive as i get.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i'll drink out of the same cup if someone has alredy drank from it. It's it a family member it don't bug me. I usually judge the person on their looks. Hot, oh yeah i'll drink out of that cup. Not so hot, no way.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't trust most people, period. I've become able to tell when someone is lying to me, or is full of horse hocky. Mainly if someone tries to build themselves up to you when you first meet them (i.e. at your place of employment), I instantly assume they are compulsive liars, or are trying to make me feel comfortable around them. I also never disclose my "paranoid" sense of thought that I have 75% of the time. Wherever I see a Blue Light, I think that there is a camera there. I thought I saw one in my bush one night, so I went back inside, walked back out and saw it again. Weird eh? Yeah. But I enjoy this "offset from reality", it makes things.....fun

-Huey

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ok, your watching to many hollywood movies, why would the government wanna waste man-power watching you piss?

There really isnt much you can do to avoid "the man". He is just that "the man" in a position of authority over you. Someone with an endless budget and every rescource at its disposal will always find out what it wants to know. I will tell you this however its deff not healthy to "sleep with one eye open", watch everyone who enters the public restroom, and be paranoid to that extent. If you are a product of society and use technology which we all here are, then there is a way for the man to pry into your life. There is nothing you can do about it, my advice is not to worry. If your not doing anything wrong there is nothing to worry about anyways. If you are doing something you shouldnt then they already know about it. Just like the slogan goes....
"In God we trust in ALL other we monitor"

THATS the FACTS rather you choose to believe them or not is up to you.... Then again check your source, do you believe someone on the inside?

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Scyman]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Folks,you do know what "Scyman" is saying in his last comment,don't you? Read it closely.

This was his final comment:

Then again check your source, do you believe someone on the inside?

what does that imply to the rest of you? I know what the implications are in my opinion.I just want to see if anyone else picked up on it.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well, I am really not implying anything, it's more of a statement.
Its my job, Im a Cryptological Technichian in the U.S. Navy. More specifically an operator or under the rating discription "R" brancher... a.k.a. collections and analysis. Require a TS SCI clearence... which i dont officially get until I pass a polygraph at my next command.

top topics

join