It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bugs and problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This weekend, I'm going to spend some time on the little nasty bugs that lurk in the corners of ATS/BTS. If you find anything you think is a bug in the code of ATS/BTS, please post it here.

And please, don't say something like "I've already posted blah blah blah..." because I don't have the time to read every post, I barely even see 4% of our daily posts. So even if you've posted something before, give me a brief summary and a link to your previous post.

Thanks.

NOTE:

Also, I think I've fixed the bug in chat that eats posts every once in a while. It should have been working properly the past two days. If not, let me know.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by William]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks, William. I was doing these throught the complain box, which I'm not real sure was the right thing.

Two things so far:

The font size (and code has been gimped) but you may have already fixed it. When you pick a font size other than defaul it takes the size= out of the front end of the code. Even if you do it manual instead of the wizard.

Second thing was: When you make a post on the research threads it kicks you over to BTS. But the thread only shows up in ATS. So when you're done posting to it, you're sitting there staring at Todays Posts in BTS and can't even see your thread! LOL!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I've had a problem a few times that seems odd.
When posting a reply (in ATS or BTS) after hitting the Post Reply button, it does not refresh back to the thread. It takes me to an area that has more pages than the thread I'm replying to. Does that make sense?
So, let's say I'm posting a reply to a brand new topic with no second page. I hit the Post Reply button, the screen refreshes and then I'm still in that thread, with NO posts shown, just grey background and page buttons at the top.
I will take screenshots if it happens again.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If you go to someone's profile and click on send U2U you will get a message that states you have exceeded your U2U quota. My quota is 900 I had 251 so I know it's a bug. It does it everytime. My thought is when you attempt a U2U from someone else's profile the software can't read YOUR modification that allows you more than the normal amount of U2Us...

Also could you add a "Check All" or "Delete All" button in the U2U control panels?

How about a "Today's Posts" navigation button at the bottom of each thread?

THanks and have a nice day...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
(Let's keep this limited to bugs and not requested new features)

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I've only got problems with my u2us!

I can get into the u2us but as i click on the one i want to read it, the whole thing disappears?

Apart from that...everything else okidoky!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Link error in the News section

I was browsing the news section of ATS and I noticed that if you click on the "Join the dissusion board" link it redirects you to the wrong place

"http://news.abovetopsecret.com/forum/index.php"

instead it should be

"http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/index.php"

Thanks William,

Omega

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Also I have noticed that when I click on any of the research projects it directs me to belowtopseret.com.
Why are the research projects located at BTS instead of ATS?

This struck me as very odd because the juiciest, most hardcore, above top secret, stuff is in the research thread.

Thanks a bunch,

Omega

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Also I have noticed that when I click on any of the research projects it directs me to belowtopseret.com.

That one is now fixed.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A frequently mentioned problem in ATSFASTchat is the chatpost eating monster that swallows one or other post when members post simultaneously.

May people experienced it, it doesn't seem to have been feeding as much of late - and although members have classified it as a monster and not a bug, it would be good to know when it is straightened out.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As a resident time traveller here who has seen the clock do some interesting things, I would like to ask again that the server clock be reset to enable everyone to go to their own Settings and use the Offset tool provided there.

The clock on the settings is set to GMT, but the server clock isn't.

The effect on anyone between the international date line and Asia, where I spend some time, is that their time stamp on posts is never accurate, and useless to determine the age of the posts. It is not possible to reset the clock to bring about an accurate time (even on the wrong day) for 7/24 of time zones.

Can the server clock or the offset mechanism be reset, to allow all members to arrange their settings and time stamps accordingly?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
On another serious note, Zzub first observed this bug here, and I can confirm it:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Page 1 of the same thread delivers a ZoneAlarm message and a password dialogue box.

What's the story?

* Fixed. What was the story? *

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
font size doesn't work

Font size again. Whether using the button or doing it manually, it hasn't worked for me for a long while.

?

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
That is a long standing XMB bug... the apostrophe is a character that can easily disrupt PHP code. Take it out, and it will work.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Font size does work?

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The page problem is back. If you edit a post, it doesn't return you to your post, nor the correct page.

[edit] Actually, it just started working right again, I think.
Maybe you're still playing with code?

I did notice, however, that this gif is corrupt, or something.

[Edited on 11-18-2003 by Satyr]

join