It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Inspirational Bible Quotes and Thoughts**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

...and that one says it all, does it not?

A restatement of the Golden Rule... Treat those around you as you would have them treat you. Paraphrasing, I know, but true none the less.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
God's Radiance:

Revelation 22:1-9

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the river is the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. Nothing accursed will be found there any more. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him; they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And there will be no more night; they need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

Comment: I post this because it seems to describe a vision I had in a dream in which I got a sense of how radiant and beautiful the face of God was.

It was so wonderful that none could turn away, even for an instant, because everything else was horribly painful by comparison.

I also came to realize that one could simply gaze at the face of God for an eternity and never want, never be bored, never be afraid.

What's interesting is that in my vision, none of this tapestry, waters of life or trees of life would have had any meaning for me, because it would be lost in the glory and radiance of gazing at the face of God.

(I do realize that being from Revelations that this scene is a metaphor more than a description of Heaven)

----
Hope this doesn't come across as naive or stupid.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Path that was laid out for me to follow by the Lord is such that I have always fallen back on what is possibly the best known of all the Biblical quotes..

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;"

I can not possibly relate to you all the number of times that has carried me through. From a fox hole in the ME, to a dank jungle south of the border and to a street corner in "AnyCity USA".... I have always known that I was not alone.

And YES, though I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I have feared no evil; for the Lord was with me.

Thanks for letting me share.

Semper

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Dear Semper, someday you really have to write your memoirs.

I know you have demons and it may be that such a thing would help you to exorcise some of them.

I have also used such a mantra to get me through a trying time and I used it to wipe out (or attempt to do so) my internal dialog, by repeating 'God is love' over and over. Actually it was such a stressful time, I can't really remember what the mantra was, but it was something similar.

Sometimes I'm not sure of the place religion has in one's life, but it does seem that spirituality is important, if only to help quiet those demons which plague us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join