It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Inspirational Bible Quotes and Thoughts**

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Great post kinglizard. I would like to quote the following: "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will called be children of God." Matthew 5:9

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
2 Cor 12:9-10

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

This verse always boost my morale when I start feeling that I am too weak in faith or my Christian walk or when I get discouraged because of remarks by those who do not care to know the truth. When I am weak, then I am strong! Thank you Jesus!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I`ll have a boast "Im weak!" can`t remember reading that before,top shelf stormrider.

You`ll have to excuse me quoting an obvious one.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Matthew 15:26-28
26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
27"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."
28Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

This one inspires me because she changed Christs mind which is a whoa type moment for me just because she had faith in Him, which also reinforces John 3:16 that He came for anyone not just the lost sheep of Israel.

Good thread KingLizard,with excellent quotes coming through.

I dont mind if i`m a dog cause these are mighty scrumptious crumbs.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is one that inspires hope

"I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

No other place I'd rather be.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"We prevent God from giving us the great spiritual gifts He has in store for us, because we do not give thanks for daily gifts. We think we dare not be satisfied with the small measure of spiritual knowledge, experience, and love that has been given to us, and that we must constantly be looking forward eagerly for the highest good. Then we deplore the fact that we lack the deep certainty, the strong faith, and the rich experience that God has given to others, and we consider this lament to be pious. We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts. How can God entrust great things to one who will not thankfully receive from Him the little things?"

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I have never been so blessed and convicted in my spirit at the same time as when I read words like the above. I am guilty of this and confess it and pray that God will forgive me. It's so true, though, isn't it? We find our spiritual gifts or personal accomplishments so small, sometimes, compared to others that we neglect to thank God for what He has given us: eternal life with Him and sonship with the Father. Anything more than that is gravy, right? Halleluja, amen.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The Christian is the real radical of our generation, for he stands against the monolithic, modern concept of truth as relative. But too often, instead of being the radical, standing against the shifting sands of relativism, he subsides into merely maintaing the status quo. If it is true that evil is evil, that God hates it to the point of the cross, and that there is a moral law fixed in what God is in Himself, then Christians should be the first into the field against what is wrong."
-- Francis A. Schaeffer

This one doesn't need any clarification. I'm done now. Thanks for the thread KL, it has been an enormous blessing to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
John 14:1-3

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Revelation 21:4

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Daniel 12:1
"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

The day could be sooner than many people think.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if any man turns to Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; all things become new.

How beautiful is that!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Therefore comfort one another with these words www.biblegateway.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">link

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

James 5:19-20
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
Mark Twain

Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't!
George Bernard Shaw

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
Annie Dillard

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I enjoy that quote by Galileo, Greywolf, and quote it often when talking to my fellow believers who believe science contradicts scripture

Something we were talking about at a Bible study last night was 2 Samuel 6, when the Ark of the Covenant is returned to Israel from the Philistines. All of Israel's celebrating the return of this symbol God gave them at Mt. Sinai that contains the fragments of the ten commandments God had given to Moses. 2 Samuel 6:14:

David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the LORD with all his might

Here is the conquoring king, having just defeated the Philistines and brought back the Ark to the promised land, casing off his royal robe and dancing with all his might before the Lord. He had no care for anything except God, and praising Him in this way. There was no dignity, no pomp, no regard for the soldiers, servants, nobles, and priests who might see him worshipping God in this way. All that mattered was giving praise to the King.

His wife, on the other hand, was more concerned with how others might perceive David's behavior. In verse 20 she exclaims to him,

How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, disrobing in the sight of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!

She was condemning David for not keeping his place as the king and as the conquering hero, and for being ignoble in his worship. David's response is wonderful (verses 21-22):

David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD. I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

David is referred to as a man after God's own heart. We see here a prime example of why that is. He wasn't perfect; he fell many times through his life, and in some big ways. Yet always was his heart dedicated to God, in his depravity and in his servitude. David demonstrates the true heart of worship here. It matters not what those around you think of you, it doesn't matter what you're told, all that matters is that you're worshipping in spirit and truth (John 4:24).

So often in the church environment, too, we find ourselves calling singing worship, as though that were the only means by which to worship God. Yet Christ told the Samaritan woman at the well that a time was coming and had come when we will worship God not in any specific place, but always and in everything we do. That verse I quoted earlier in this thread from Colossians exemplifies how we worship in everything we do, be it singing, dancing, driving our car, posting on ATS, or even watching television:

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thank you all so much for participating in this thread.

1 Corinthians 13

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This was not the verse I was looking for... However this really reflects a lot of my current posts in other threads.

1 Chronicles 28:20
And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This one has always inspired me:

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Revelation 2:7

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

May our ears be ever attentive to the instruction of the Holy Spirit. Then we can all meet in the Eternal Paradise of God.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You can't truely take to heart the Bible if you don't first come to Jesus. You aren't/can't be moved by it unless you know him first. Having a relationship with God is truely the most amazing thing you will ever know... Something that is indescribable.. you have probably heard this before but its true. You can only understand what I mean if you find this for yourself.

the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:22

HOORAY FOR INTOLERANCE!

and trust me, this one is a softball, i'm just placing this here because there is plenty in the bible that is ripe for ridicule, and it will be shown here

everyone shows intolerance to one degree or another, like for example your intolerance to those who believe in the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join