It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Inspirational Bible Quotes and Thoughts**

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
1 John 3:18

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Colossians 3:17 (NIV):

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

This is an amazing verse. It states that all things are permissable in Christ, much like the verse from Corinthians. Unlike the warning given in Corinthians, though, this verse speaks volumes about how to live your life. In everything, anything you do, always do it in Christ's name, giving thanks to the Father. As Louie Giglio said, it's really hard to be intimate with your girlfriend while crying out, "this is for you, Jesus! It's all for you, thank you God!" It is amazing how easy some decisions become when you do exactly this. This is one of my favorite verses in scripture

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

brings a tear to my eye.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes that is a powerful and all to often misinterpreted verse.

Jesus knew that he would bring conflict to those that followed his word because some would have faith and other would not. To have faith in his word (specially in his day) is to break with tradition and more than likely the family and community faith. So the sword certainly represents conflict.

Anyway here is another verse.

1 John iv. 18

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I love you guys!

ALL of you!

Thank you KingLizard and Jake and Rasobasi! (is that somehow rastafarian?)

Make love not war.
Why do you think you girlfriends say 'Oh God I'm coming!'

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
and Rasobasi! (is that somehow rastafarian?)

Make love not war.
Why do you think you girlfriends say 'Oh God I'm coming!'

It is Rastafarian, kinda. Ras means prince, like Ras Tafari. Obasi means God in Nigerian, so when my girlfriend, and anyone elses says "Oh 'God' I'm coming", she is speaking directly to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
1 John 3:18

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by kinglizard]

Telling us to LIVE it. Love is the way of Heaven. If we could live that way on Earth we would know a bit of Heaven. From love sprout all the other fruits of joy and peace and beauty and truth and justice and life more abundant! These are the sort of things that make Heaven what it is.

Jesus personifed these things and so carried Heaven within Himself....the Kingdom of Heaven is within the heart that loves.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

Try not to be greedy though

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There would be no war in Iraq nor anywhere else if people loved each other.
There would be no robberies if people loved each other.
There would be no lies if people loved each other.
There would be no pollution and no problem with global warming if people loved each other.
There would be no abuse of children if people loved each other.
There would be no expoitation of people for slave wages if people loved each other.
There would be no crooks in government if people loved each other.
There would be no orphans if people loved each other.
There would be no poverty if people loved each other.
These evils, and many others, plague the world because people do not love each other.
The solution is simple...Love one another...but above all....LOVE GOD.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is not from the Bible, I heard it on a Christian worship radio station on the Internet.

You will not receive further light from God until you walk in the light he has already given you.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Going off of that quote, KL, I heard one yesterday by a minister that I enjoyed:

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking too much space

As to s'more scripture, 1 Corinthians 10:13 is great:

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

That is such a great promise to stand on in those dark hours when you're being tempted. There will always be a way out of sin, we do not have to do those things we don't want to! It can be hard at times, and make no mistake, I fall and often, but knowing this verse, knowing that there is always a way out has helped me seek God in those periods when all I can think of is doing that which I do not wish to do.

God is awesomely faithful!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
May this stir you and offer you hope.

Isaiah 51:6
Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Good Journey.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow we are getting some good stuff in here. Keep it coming, make this thread EXPLODE with Gods word!

Thank you everyone for your contributions!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The greatest message that Jesus imparted to us was to love. He did this not only through His words, but also by sacrificing Himself out of love for us. Love was His most urgent and powerful message, and therefore, it should be the lesson most closely held and applied by His disciples. We are here to learn to love the way Jesus loved.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own
understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He
shall direct your paths.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is one that I found in another thread, started by HIFIGUY. It's not actually in the bible, so I'm not sure it counts but i like it anyways.

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

...............In theAquarian Gospel, I found a passage where Jesus returns to and area where Melchezedek had been with Abraham. The description varies greatly from the old testament...

And here it was that one, the Prince of Peace, the king of Salim, came; the Christ in human form; a greater far than Abraham was he. 13 And here it was that Abraham gave to this king of Salim, tithes of all he had. 14 This Prince of Peace went forth in battle everywhere. He had no sword; no armour of defence; no weoapons of offence; 15 And yet he conquered men, and nations trembled at his feet. 16 The hosts of Egypt quailed before this sturdy king of right; the kings of Egypt placed their crowns upon his head, 17 And gave into his hands the sceptre of all Egypt land, and not a drop of blood was shed, and not a captive placed in chains; 18 But everywhere the conqueror threw wide the prison doors and set the captives free. 19 And, once again, the Prince of Peace has come, and from these blesed hills he goes again to fight. 20 And he is clothed in white; his sword is truth, his sheild is faith; his helmet is innocence; his breath is love; his watchword peace. 21 But this is not a carnal war; it is not man at war with man; but it is right against the wrong. 22 And love is captain, love is warrior, love is armour, love is all, and love shall win. 23 And then again the hills of Bethlehem were clothed with light, again the messenger exclaimed, 24 Peace, peace on earth, good will to men. 25 And Jesus taught the people; healed the sick; revealed the mysteries of the kingdom of the Holy One. 26 And many said, He is the Christ; the king who was to come has come; Praise God.

Melchezedek is mentioned in Hebrews, as well as other scripture. He is mentioned I think even in Genesis. Hes a one man Army. Similar to Krishna...another one man army.

Christ mentions that we will be directed in the path of truth one day; Let me refresh your memory...

"There are many things which I have to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit the Spirit of Truth whom I will send unto you from above, shall guide you into all truth, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you from above, shall guide you into all truth, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you."...........

Here's a link to his thread if you are interested in commenting to him or reading more

The Real Bible

Peace,

Pancho

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This verse is so beautiful, for some reason it really speaks to me.

Isaiah 58:11

The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:22

HOORAY FOR INTOLERANCE!

and trust me, this one is a softball, i'm just placing this here because there is plenty in the bible that is ripe for ridicule, and it will be shown here

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Maybe you need to re-read the title of this thread. Please feel free to start your own on whatever topic you wish but this one is for INSPIRATIONAL quotes and thoughts.

Please fight your battle elsewhere.

Thank you....

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Maybe you need to re-read the title of this thread. Please feel free to start your own on whatever topic you wish but this one is for INSPIRATIONAL quotes and thoughts.

Please fight your battle elsewhere.

Thank you....

i'm not trying to fight a battle
i'm sending you a warning

and inspirational is a fairly vague term
many people are inspired to become atheists because they read the entire bible, cover-to-cover (ie, me)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join