It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam assault on Christianity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The "tolerant and peaceful" islam shows how it will treat other religions.Everything "outrages" them,then they want to jail,or behead you.

Link:www.compassdirect.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Islam,at least in my opinion, is a blight on spiritual progress. One thing I will say about Christians, they may disagree with some of my beliefs, but I have yet to have one tell me that I can't believe what I choose. Muslims,at least from what is reported, are the complete opposite.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The "tolerant and peaceful" islam shows how it will treat other religions.

Its not the religion, its the country, and the poeple within it. The religion itself is very tolerant of other religions, however, certain people who follow the faith sometimes aren't.

Islam,at least in my opinion, is a blight on spiritual progress

Maybe..But no more so than any other religion on the planet IMO.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How many Buddhists have you ever seen criticize another religion,stiffy?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know that there is a lot of pressure on Muslims at the moment, and many of them feel that they are 'under attack' by Western nations. I believe that they are using their 'victim status' to attack western nations.

For example, during the cartoon riots, the British Embassy in Iran was attacked, despite the fact that no British news agency or outlet had published the cartoons. Churches in northern Africa were burnt and the Christian district in Gaza was wrecked, by Muslims deciding that mainly atheist Europe was a symbol of Christianity. In Afghanistan International Aid Agencies were attacked, even ones that weren't based in Europe, purely for being 'foreign' and therefore a target of agression.

I think that there is a problem with an increase in Islamic Nationalism.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

A Turkish prosecutor slapped criminal charges against two converts to Christianity earlier this month, accusing them of “insulting Turkishness,” inciting hatred against Islam and secretly compiling data on private citizens for a local Bible correspondence course.

In turkey, its illegal to promote 'non-turkishness'. Not throughout islam. THis is more of a turkish issue than a muslim issue, just like, the calls by many in the west to 'get rid of the muslims' isn't a western issue, but a bigot issue.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
How many Buddhists have you ever seen criticize another religion,stiffy?

good point
how many people have been killed by buddhists for buddhism? (NOT counting self-immolation)

but the monotheistic religion of abraham have such a curiously intolerant relationship
though they are all variations onthe same theme, they come into conflict so often

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
how many people have been killed by buddhists for buddhism? (NOT counting self-immolation)

Aum Shinrikyo killed twelve people and injuring many hundreds in the Tokyo subway system through gas attacks, just eleven years ago.

To the creator of this thread, do you feel that issues such as culture, economy, and ethnicity also play as a factor into your attitude about Islam, or is it just the religion itself you have an issue with?

[edit on 28-12-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Aum Shinrikyo killed twelve people and injuring many hundreds in the Tokyo subway system through gas attacks, just eleven years ago.

aum shinrikyo isn't really buddhist
well, it is in the same way christianity is jewish

as a former buddhist, i learned the difference

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Islamofascists have control of Islam and -misinterpretations- of their Islam could leave you without a head. They attack Christianity because they hate the way Christianity worships Jesus, a figure who taught peace and tolerance, unlike mohammed who is a pedophile and murderer.
And don't tell me that Islam looks to Jesus as a prophet...that means nothing. Mohammed is their leader and the figure the Islamofascists mold themselves after.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Regardless of whether some Muslims are peaceful, the entire religion is clouded by the Islamofascist movement. Even the "worst" Christian of the far right doesn't go around killing off those who he or she feels isn't up to par with Christianity as they see it.

Muslims are essentially toddlers, who are prone to having temper tantrums. They expect to have religious rights even beyond those of Christians, even when in a Christian country such as America, where Christianity is routinely criticized and mocked, all while Muslims are treated with tender care so as not to offend them.

Let's just do an example. If a picture of Jesus is posted on here, will any Christians be offended? I highly doubt it. SpeakerOfTruth uses a picture of Jesus as his avatar. I haven't seen anyone blow anything up over that.

Now let's look at Islam. This is a religion that erupts into violence and bombing when a cartoon is drawn of Mohammed. Note that Mohammed was merely a man, and Jesus was the son of God. Yet Christians do not have temper tantrums over pictures of Jesus, while Muslims are ready to riot over a humorous portrayal of their Prophet of Peace.

In closing,

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Regardless of whether some Muslims are peaceful, the entire religion is clouded by the Islamofascist movement. Even the "worst" Christian of the far right doesn't go around killing off those who he or she feels isn't up to par with Christianity as they see it.

islamofascism implies some sort of unity or cohesion within a movement
however, there are hardly any alliances between 1 or 2 groups of muslim extremists
and the only reason christian extremists don't do what islamic extremists do is that they tend to live in countries that have social and political order

Muslims are essentially toddlers, who are prone to having temper tantrums. They expect to have religious rights even beyond those of Christians, even when in a Christian country such as America, where Christianity is routinely criticized and mocked, all while Muslims are treated with tender care so as not to offend them.

um, islam treated with tender care?
since when?
and america is a christian country?
i thought it was by law secularist (see 1st amendment)
honestly, in the USA, when people "mock" (i think you're taking criticism of your religion a bit too personally) christianity they're really talking about the inherent flaws in all religion using the most popular religion in the country as an example

Let's just do an example. If a picture of Jesus is posted on here, will any Christians be offended? I highly doubt it. SpeakerOfTruth uses a picture of Jesus as his avatar. I haven't seen anyone blow anything up over that.

true, there isn't a single doctrine against the depiction of jesus in any faith at all
hell, muslims depict isa(jesus) as well

Now let's look at Islam. This is a religion that erupts into violence and bombing when a cartoon is drawn of Mohammed. Note that Mohammed was merely a man, and Jesus was the son of God. Yet Christians do not have temper tantrums over pictures of Jesus, while Muslims are ready to riot over a humorous portrayal of their Prophet of Peace.

see, there's the difference
islam has a specific doctrine
DO NOT DEPICT 2 THINGS: ALLAH and MOHAMMED
and, wow, bias much
"jesus was the son of god"
B I A S

[QUOTE]
In closing,
PICTURE MEANT TO INFLAME
[/QUOTE]

so, if somebody depicted jesus as a homosexual making out with john the baptist, you'd have no scruple?
do you really think the christians in the world would sit for it?
wouldn't pat robertson call for his assassination?

anyway, you have provided no evidence that a MAJORITY of muslims is so easily set off
you merely make a statement that you cannot back up

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Even the "worst" Christian of the far right doesn't go around killing off those who he or she feels isn't up to par with Christianity as they see it.

What great news! Maybe you should tell that to the families of people that died in the Olympic Park bombing, abortion clinics, and gay bars. It's good to know that groups such as the Christian Identity, Seas of David, IRA, Army of God, and Nagaland Rebels (who can be attributed to thousands of deaths in India, because people chose not to convert), never existed, because of what you say. I think we can also dismiss the Crusades, Spanish Armada, and KKK because everyone knows no non-Christian was killed. We should just forget about all the preachers who preach hatred against gays, Harry Potter, Muslims, and Hindus cause we never know that never happens either.

They expect to have religious rights even beyond those of Christians, even when in a Christian country such as America, where Christianity is routinely criticized and mocked, all while Muslims are treated with tender care so as not to offend them.

You're so right! I guess the FBI can forget about all the hate crimes committed against Muslims, because they were just meant to imply "tender and care." It's a good thing too that you practice what you preach and not post any image of Muhammad wearing a bomb on his turban, because that would be very childish and hold no merit to the conversation, right?

Now let's look at Islam. This is a religion that erupts into violence and bombing when a cartoon is drawn of Mohammed.

The majority of the demonstrations were peaceful, yet you didn't bother to read about them. Am I correct? The reason why the image was demonstrated against is because it shows Muhammad with a bomb on his head, not because it's a drawing of Muhammad's face.

Yet Christians do not have temper tantrums over pictures of Jesus, while Muslims are ready to riot over a humorous portrayal of their Prophet of Peace.

Of course not! Because we all know priests don't terrorize with bomb threats because Madonna decided to use a crucifix in her concert, a portrait of "The Holy Virgin Mary" by Chris Ofili, made of elephant dung was never banned, plays and movies depicting Jesus as a homosexual such as ("king of the queers") are freely allowed by all Christians, there is no belief by Christians that there is an "anti-Christmas movement," taking out the word "God" from the pledge of allegiance never angered anyone, taking out crosses from public areas are ok with everyone, and removing the statue of the Ten commandments from court houses went well with everyone.

In closing,
[his posted image of Muhammad with a bomb on his head]

I guess this proves your part of the argument where you said Muslims are treated by "tenderness" and "care," right?

In no way does adding that image to your post hold any validity to this topic. If anything, you posted it to anger people, which shows just how desperate you are for attention.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
While America is not a "Christian country" in that there is no officially endorsed or enforced government religion, the vast majority of the population falls into the Christian category. Therefore, we are generally a "Christian country". If there is one religion to describe America, it is Christianity, for while we are also home to Judaism, Islam, and other world religions, they are of the minority. The Christian status of our nation is unofficial, but still present.

Of course I would be offended by a picture of Jesus making out with John the Baptist. All Christians would/should. But would we bomb an embassy? Demand apologies? Nah. And even so, there's a difference there. The cartoon with Mohammed wearing a bomb on his head is an accurate portrayal of the true religion of Islam. While many now practice a watered-down "jihadless" version, the true doctrine calls for jihad, the cleansing of the world of infidels by the sword (or in our case, by the dynamite belt). Rather than get enraged about a violation of their doctrine, perhaps Muslims should eliminate the bad publicity from their ranks.

Seeing the news every night on which there is invariably a screaming mob of Muslims is akin to going to the zoo and watching the monkeys. Except the monkeys are funny and innocent.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Probably a bad idea to call other ethnicities monkeys. Usually doesn't go over to well. And for good reason.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The cartoon with Mohammed wearing a bomb on his head is an accurate portrayal of the true religion of Islam. While many now practice a watered-down "jihadless" version, the true doctrine calls for jihad, the cleansing of the world of infidels by the sword (or in our case, by the dynamite belt).

Ah, so I see you're an expert in Islam now. Care to cite your sources, showing us where in the Quran it states that "Islam calls to cleans the world of infidels by the sword," and how the majority of Islam follows a "watered-down jihadless version," as well as the translator of the Surah, Surah number, and the definition of "jihad" and "infidels"?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No, but then I don't generally provide sources for everything of obvious truth. For example, I could provide you with several sources to prove that the grass is green and the sky is blue. In fact, many on ATS would do that, as they don't really think themselves, but instead make posts primarily formed from the copy-and-pasted arguments of others.

No, I don't think I need to cite anything regarding the true nature of Islam. If you need better proof, just watch the news tonight, I'm sure my points will be illustrated by these people of peace themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No, I don't think I need to cite anything regarding the true nature of Islam. If you need better proof, just watch the news tonight, I'm sure my points will be illustrated by these people of peace themselves.

so now the overly publiscized actions of an extremist few is evidence that the religion of islam calls for spreading by the sword and an "earthly jihad"?

i know one american great who would disagree with you on that
thomas jefferson
why?
well, he had nothing bad to say about islam and he owned a koran that he read regularly
how do i know he owned a koran that he read regularly?
where do you think they got the koran that keith ellison was sworn in on...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No, but then I don't generally provide sources for everything of obvious truth.

The "obvious truth," as you put it, is your opinion that you haven't backed up. How many times have you read the Quran to know what rules and writings lead the lives of its followers?

For example, I could provide you with several sources to prove that the grass is green and the sky is blue.

What color is the grass during fall, and what color is the sky during a sunset? I just proven the fallacy in your assertion. You seem to think things are always the same, and everything fits into a "cookie cutter" model, due to your perception.

In fact, many on ATS would do that, as they don't really think themselves, but instead make posts primarily formed from the copy-and-pasted arguments of others.

I suppose you're saying that you're above them, because rather than "copying and pasting" a source as you claim other ATS members do, you just completely ignore posting any proof to back up your claims.

Sounds to me you're actually looking for a reason to hate Muslims, rather than knowing what causes the source of your ignorance on Islam. So since it's in the news, it means it's always true, right? Would you say that all Christians are like Pat Robertson, who asks for an assassination attempt on a South American leader, wants to bomb a US government building, and can speak to God on a regularly basis to give him very unspecific and general prophecies that he later uses to get people to give him their money?

I'll give you another chance. This is not your everyday forums where you can post opinions as fact, and spread your hate speech, without backing it up with facts. Once again, I will ask, post your proof that the Quran teaches these things.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
US Rep. Hayes: Iraq missionary
Charlotte Observer

Robin Hayes is an heir to a textile fortune and a former GOP candidate for N.C. governor. Since 1999, he has represented part of the Charlotte area in Congress. Next up: missionary to the Middle East?

A weekly newspaper in Concord, Hayes' hometown, quoted the congressman this week as saying that stability in Iraq ultimately depends on "spreading the message of Jesus Christ, the message of peace on earth, good will towards men." Hayes was speaking to the Concord Rotary Club.

"Everything depends on everyone learning about the birth of the savior," Hayes added, according to the Concord Standard and Mount Pleasant Times.

I just can't see why them A-rabs don't get it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join