It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter Investigated for Voting Precinct Violation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It may seem like no big deal, but voting in the wrong precinct can be a felony and get you sent to prison for five years. Apparently, conservative columnist Ann Coulter may have done just that, and so far she has failed to cooperate with an investigation into the matter. The case will most likely now be forwarded to state prosecutors.

www.palmbeachpost.com
Conservative columnist Ann Coulter has refused to cooperate in an investigation about whether she voted in the wrong precinct, so the case will likely be turned over to state prosecutors, Palm Beach County's elections chief said Wednesday.

Elections Supervisor Arthur Anderson said his office has been looking into the matter for nearly nine months, and he would turn over the case to the state attorney's office by Friday.

Anderson's office received a complaint in February that Coulter allegedly voted in the wrong precinct during a Feb. 7 Palm Beach town council election. Since then, Anderson said he has made repeated attempts to resolve the matter with Coulter and her attorney but has been rebuffed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this a witch hunt? I thought Halloween was over. The Palm Beach County elections chief is a Democrat, though, and Ms. Coulter certainly qualifies as a witch to me.

It seems that her alleged failure to cooperate stems from details of the investigation being made public, and her attorney will only discuss the case in person or over the phone at this point, with Mr. Anderson requiring that all communication must be in writing.

Could be this is just another timely, election season distraction from all the real issues affecting the country.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hum . . . it could be just a mistake from her part.

But. . . if this Is a conspiracy all alone then that could only means. . . that she may have others doing the same on specific areas. . . but how many.

I will stick with the conspiracy angle to this story, because she supposedly is a smart women, famous and all.

She should have known better, right?

[edit on 2-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

during a Feb. 7 Palm Beach town council election.

Wait a min! We're worried she voted in the wrong precinct for a city council election? Please spare me! What's next? She has an unpaid library fine or maybe she watered her lawn on an even day instead of an odd day. This is much to-do about nothing really.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It's illegal and I hope he gets in jail! Yes, I said he because he looks like a transexual, but that's just me...

Anyway, she's completly crazy and a neo-con extremist... so I don't think she'll go to prison, because anyone know how neo-cons are above the law!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dbates,

I wonder if she were a Democrat if you'd be saying the same thing. It's illegal and if she gets caught and found guilty, she needs to do the time like everyone else would have to. Republican or Democrat.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If you've ever voted in a city council election you'd understand how silly this is. You're supposed to find a voting station in your precinct which is usually the nearest elementary school. When you get there they check off your name on a list and you record your vote. If she went to the wrong station then why was her name on the list there? They only way they know you even voted at a specific location (all votes are anonymous) is that you sign the log that you came in and voted. She obviously wasn't trying to be sneaky.

I don't care what she is it's silly. I thought the whole Martha Stewart thing was crazy too. They're just being picked on because they are famous.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
dbates

I think that the issue would be submitting a false voter registration. Her name would have been on the list because she intentionally submitted a false adress on her voting registration,which is a felony.

edit

State attorney to probe Coulter's alleged voting violation

Coulter may have cast her ballot in the wrong precinct because she registered at the address of her Realtor instead of her homestead.

Coulter owns a homestead on Seabreeze Avenue, near Worth Avenue. Yet she claimed in official elections documents to be living at the Indian Road home of Realtor Suzanne Frisbie, which Frisbie denied.

In July, Coulter's lawyer said she had applied to strike her Seabreeze Avenue address from records.

The Florida Statutes show very narrow reasons to have an address erased from records.

Those include people in law enforcement, corrections, the judiciary, revenue collections and code enforcement. The law also provides hard-to-get exemptions for the victims of domestic violence or aggravated stalking.

Coulter did not cast a ballot in the September primaries, according to Supervisor of Elections records.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Halfofone]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
marg,

I hadn't thought of your angle on this. Maybe the GOP candidate in her district was a shoo-in for election and she wanted her vote to count in a closer race in another district. I don't know, and haven't looked into the matter closely enough to say.

I think we all know that Ms. Coulter isn't above changing the facts to fit her belief system, so there may be something to this allegation afterall.

Halfofone,

Maybe it is as simple as she didn't want her true address to be a public record. If I was her, and said the outrageous, inflammatory things she does, I wouldn't want anybody knowing where I lived.

But then, she should be aware enough to put down another address in the same district, shouldn't she?

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

during a Feb. 7 Palm Beach town council election.

Wait a min! We're worried she voted in the wrong precinct for a city council election? Please spare me! What's next? She has an unpaid library fine or maybe she watered her lawn on an even day instead of an odd day. This is much to-do about nothing really.

First off it is not much to do about nothing. It is strategic. Some areas need republican votes more than others. She is well-deserving of whatever punishment she receieves. If this had been a democrat she would be on ever Fox news broadcast slamming the dems. She is a hard-lined, arrogant woman that only sees wrong in others.

AAC

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Coulter, as a "deeply political" person should be keenly aware of the voting rules and abide by them. People like her need to be squeaky clean before criticizing others.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ann Coulter has injected so much bile and poison into the body politic of our country it would serve her right to do time over such a puny act. I would have no sympthy for her....my only question is what they would find when they did the strip search. She does have an adams apple ya know.

new topics

top topics

join