It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really care who marries or is no minimum wage increase more important?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I just checked my state ballot to see if anything besides candidates was up for votes and found I live in one of those states that actually has the marriage issue on there.

I live where there are a lot of low income people, fighting to work and trying to raise a family on next to nothing and I and they are supposed to care if two men or two women get married. This is ridiculous!!

In a time when we are all suffering and the politicians give themselves a raise every year at the taxpayers expense but refuse to raise the minimum wage, they want me and you to care about this marriage issue. No they want us to forget they refused to raise the minimum wage.

Two people getting married matters zilch to me but a wage increase, medical care and educations issues matter, the war in Iraq and Afghanistan matters, the economy matters.
What issues matters most to you?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well that really seems to be the trend though doesn't it? Politics here in America has come down to non-essential issues. The world and our country are falling apart, and we are supposed to be worried about gay marriage? I think not. This is how the politicians want it though. These kinds of issues touch nerves with so many people, they can be used to draw attention away from the things that really matter. Take the area where I live for example. The general opinion in the area on the war is that it is a mistake and we should no longer be there. Someone running for office supports the war, which will not get him hardly any votes in our district. To combat this, his campaign is targeting gay marriage (which my community is strongly against). People here have gotten so worked up about the gay marriage, they forget about the rest of the politics.

It really is a sad state of affairs, when these kinds of topics are all that we as voters base our decisions on. The thing this country needs most to turn around our political situation is education. We need to inform people on what is really important. We need to spread the word that these trivial matters are not all that should affect our decisions to vote. We have a lot of work to do in this country to get things working properly.

new topics

join