It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars In Amazing 3D. You Can Try This Mindblowing Technique!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is all about seeing Mars as it should be seen in real life!

This is a cross-eyed technique and doesn't need any aids like 3D glasses etc. A little practice and patience is what is required.

Once this technique is mastered you will experience amazing crystal clear 3D images from the Mars Orbiter Camera and the Mars Exploration Rovers. How is it done?

Sit back and look at the image pairs from about 18 inches away from your screen. Gently cross your eyes until a 3D image appears directly in the center. So you will now see three images , the centre one in glorious 3D.

With a little practice this will become very easy to do and is not harmful in any way.
Set monitor to 800 x 600 for ideal results.

Here is one to try. The others are external images which you can click.

Do you see the landscape jumping out and the valleys going right into the depths of your screen? Amazing isn't it?
Image courtesy of NASA/JPL.

Here are some to try. Enjoy!!:

More..

Courtesy marsunearthed.com

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Links don't work. Tried from the site, and that didn't work too well either.

Aww, I really wanna see!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
WTR,
Surprising why your links aren't working.

I wonder if anyone else has this problem? It's working fine with me. If you can't get through, then you're going to have to miss the mind boggling 3D images!!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Argh!

Let me try going though google again.

edit: ROFL! I couldn't even get onto the main site before, and now it's letting me access every page? The mysterious mysteries of the internet . . .

edit: Not working. I cross my eyes, and everything goes so blurry I can't even make out the images anymore! *sob*

EDIT!!!: Got it working! The trick is to start at 18 inches and move in until it's in focus. Once there, the images seem to 'lock' together to form the 3D one. Oh, that's so awesome. Wicked find

[edit on 2/11/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Congrats!!

You got the trick. Now how 'bout the treat??!!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow That worked for me. Its like those stareograms. My wife can never see the hidden image but I can do so almost immediately. It is still hard to be sure if the perception of elevation is correct though. Very interesting. Thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Are the paired pictured taken from a slightly different perspective? Is this what allows for the 3D effect? I think if this was done to the area of mars where the so called "glass worms" were, it might convince some people that these structures are not artificial.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Sparky63]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
MY EYES!!!

I should give it a rest now...... Feels pretty wierd...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Cool, works well. I learned to do this '3D' trick from those wacky posters you could get when I was a younger. The pictures are very far apart and require A LOT of defocussing, which strains my eyes. They seem to work better when the 2 images are overlaid instead of separated. Trying to get the 2 images together by defocussing is pretty tricky because they have a long way to move before they 'lock'.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Man, it does'nt work for me, everything just blurs up and
my eyes hurt.

That so sucks, I wanted to see the illusionary 3D Mars
pictures.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They look really awesome with a pair of 3d glasses.I cut the glasses out of a honey nut cheerios box about 6 months ago
I knew I cut them out for something.Very cool find dude!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Man, it does'nt work for me, everything just blurs up and
my eyes hurt.

That so sucks, I wanted to see the illusionary 3D Mars
pictures.

Iori, practice makes a man (or woman) perfect!! Once you get the hang of it, then the sky's the limit!

1. I'll tell you what. Look at your straightened-out fore finger at arms length and then slowly bring it closer to your eyes to about 6 inches. Do it about 3 or 4 times.

2. Then you can try the pics. Start out at about 2 feet and keep coming closer. concentrating in the middle of the two pics. At about 12 inches from the monitor, you'll see three images.

3. Concentrate on the middle one. You'll soon be able to see the mountains and high grounds jumping out of your screen and the valleys and crater bottoms deep inside!!
You can move your head forward/backward to adjust focus.

Phew! It's as though you're looking down from a hot air balloon floating over the terrain!!

top topics

join