It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cybernetic Age: A New Member's Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Okay, kids, my name's DeusEx, and I'm a new member. Now, most of us know that medical science is almost to the point where it can replace bits and pieces of human being with fair regularity. Sorry to burst your bubble, but in all odds, the Powers in the Shadows have already crossed the man/machine barrier. Here's what it means to us:

1. Stronger, Faster, Tougher:

Everyone, let's imagine the average NWO flunky in his black suit and tie. He's intimidating, above average phsyically and probably a better shot than most of us. If one of us ever met one of the vaunted Men in Black, there is some chance that we might be able to take him.

Now, we all know that the NWO doesn't like to play fair. What would happen if they started to fiddle with this human a little? Pneumatics in the muscles, maybe, or kevlar under the skin? Perhaps some sort of neural system adjustment or bone lacing? Yeah, now that Man in Black suddenly becomes a lot more threatening.

Imagine what they could do if they could tweak operatives like this. Suddenly, you've got soldiers who can shrug off hits from a baseball bat or tear you limb from limb with their bare hands. All his hardware could probably be subtle, so forget looking for the guy who's half man, half can. Individuals like us barely stand a chance.

Not all of it has to be metal, either. Bioengineered muscles, increased dendrite structure, and vat-grown eyes all become a possibility along with all sorts of nasty claws and retractable things to stab us with. What about something that COULDN'T be picked up on an X-ray? Here's an example: a small inch by inch pouch of adrenaline and painkillers implanted ina cranny of the chest cavity. if your heart rate exceeds X, suddenly your system is flooded with these chemicals and you've got something that looks like it walked out of 28 Days Later on your hands.

2. Whatever Happened To An Army?

A lot of people out there think that the New World Order is going to turn our own armies against us. What if we're already in the service of the NWO and we wouldn't know it until it's too late?

The last thing I mentioned in Stronger, Faster, Tougher was a small, organic pouch containing a cocktail of fluids that would make a person frighteningly dangerous. Now, what if you tweaked those a little bit so that the person was rendered an out of control berserker when the chemicals were released into their systems? It wouldn't be hard to hide those inside someone, and make its trigger a very specific radio ro microwave frequency. Slap those into every third or fifth national guardsman, construction worker and other assorted person coming in for exploratory surgery or small procedures and you one bona fide sleeper army.

So, let's say you're the NWO. You annoucne that you're in control, and those peons better damn well better do what their told. The people begin rising up, so what do you do? Send out a few thugs armed with a device that fires that certain radio freqency and voila...instant crowd control. The implants in the crowd go insane, tearing apart anyone close to them in a matter of minutes. The crowd panics and scatters. Six to eight hours later, the people with implants are back to normal and perfectly good for slave labor.

Other effective methods include a small chip implanted at the base of the skull, between the cerebrum and cerebellum triggered by the same methods. Rebels turn into temporary parapellegics as the chip gives their nervous system a quick shock to let them know their place.

3. Now Everyone's Favorite- Mind Control!

This is usually the obvious thing that pops into everyone's mind when they think of cybernetics. Thanks to modern neuroscience, we know have a vague idea of the electromagnetic properties of the human mind. A simple chip/organ that pumps out certain compounds to alter brain chemistry and radiates at certain frequencies would keep the average peon in a state of moderately pleasant oblivion continously for years.

At a certain university in Canada (Laurentian, to be exact) a professor by the name of Persinger has artificially stimulated the brain in such a manner that it simulated a milder version of a religious experience using only electomagnetic radiation. Wired detailed it, and here's the link : www.wired.com...

I know Micheal Persinger, he's brilliant. Now, this article was written in 1999. Now, imagine how far things have progressed. In my mind, we're not nearly as scared as we should be.

DE

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi DeusEx, Welcome to the Borg err board.

Very nice read, I do believe its all possible and this technology is most likely being used as we speak. I was particularily interested in the website you posted, i completely agree with this theory. That we are a type of Collective being all stemming from one main source. I'll add more on this later! btw great post!

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm currently in one of Persinger's classes. Kind of scary. He sometimes hints that various governments and private corps have asked him to do "unethical" research, which is why I brought him up in the original post.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join