It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Mondo Bizarro, Show #6 hosted by Johnny Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

PODcast: Mondo Bizarro, Show #6 hosted by Johnny Anonymous
Mondo Bizarro (a weekly show) brings you Bizarre News, Amazing Useless Facts and Strange Holidays that you won't find in any mainstream Radio, Newspaper or TV. All presented reports and facts are 100% real and genuine. You'll Laugh, You'll Cry, and You'll Be Wondering Why! The perfect source for your watercooler conversations.... It's podsafe and recommended by four out of five Dentist!

length: 09:20
file: btstpod_1981.mp3
size: 4404k
feed: btst

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello people,

Trying out more settings and filters, still striving for the perfect podcast. Unfortunately
there are a few Explosive "P's" and "C's", which after trying to adjust the De-Esser's, sibilants, and other filters still exist (although not as bad as the original)... These are more my vocal location to the microphone rather than a digital problem..

Argh.... try to endure thru it... it will get better I promise

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A little old pop filter in front of the mic will help prevent this. It is commonly used in recording studios, and is that "round" thing you may have seen in some music videos and music documentaries in front of the big mics. You can get one for about 10 to 20 bucks in a decent size music store, or you can even make your own out of a woman's stocking material stretched across a round loop of some type. I say woman's, but these days, ya never know just WHO be wearin them things! You then just clip it to a standard mic stand, by getting a squeeze type adjustable mic clip.

I can tell you from experience though that the store bought ones work a bit better, as they use special material for them, and usually provide two separate layers. Hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
A little old pop filter in front of the mic will help prevent this. It is commonly used in recording studios, and is that "round" thing you may have seen in some music videos and music documentaries in front of the big mics. You can get one for about 10 to 20 bucks in a decent size music store, or you can even make your own out of a woman's stocking material stretched across a round loop of some type. I say woman's, but these days, ya never know just WHO be wearin them things! You then just clip it to a standard mic stand, by getting a squeeze type adjustable mic clip.

I can tell you from experience though that the store bought ones work a bit better, as they use special material for them, and usually provide two separate layers. Hope it helps.

I appreciate that... Yeau.. I use whats called a 'Pop-Sock' that slides over almost any size mic from a SM58 to a Neumann... This was just a strange recording because I was way too close to the mic this time..

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Awesome! Really...even my kid stopped and listened.

I did notice it was a bit clearer than the previous one...crisp sounding.

Got a kick out of all the news oddities too as did my daughter ...may have another fan added to your sure to be growing list

Cheers!

JG

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Johnny!!!

AWESOME as always...

You are the ultimate PODSTER......

Semper

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Johnny, I couldn't help but click your signature, and to my delight your brilliant podcast's....Wow! Mondo Bizarro is great.

Your voice is perfect, oh my.... reminds me of voice overs in Freedom Force (PC Game by: Irrational Games) "Rejoice, True Believers, for the day is ours." hmmmmm.... feels like I said this before lol... great job.

You give ATS that magazine feel........... just to cool.

new topics

top topics

join