It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Convicted for Circumcision on Daughter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by Nygdan
To continuously argue against strawman arguments that you've made up is stupid.

I could see how you'd see my points as straw man arguments. Doesn't make it true. Keep trying. My point about the Muslim ability to end this practice (or substantially reduce it) is valid and true. It is the muslim culture that keeps this practice active and even recommended.

Since non-muslims invented this practice, and since non-muslims continue the practice, it doesn't matter if muslims stop it or not.

No mention of female circumcision is to be found in the Qur'an either directly or indirectly. There is no known Hadeeth which requires female circumcision.

He instructed the woman by saying: "Cut off only the foreskin

And yet you insist that he demands the muslims do it. From the statements attributed to him but outside the cannon, it seems that he was telling people who were already doing this to make it more like male circumcision, to remove little tissue, like the clitoral hood, which would have to be considered acceptable. He is not saying 'shear off their labia, and sever the clitoris. He is saying that its permissible to remove the flap of skin, not tissue, not an organ, that covers the clitoris, which is derived from the same primordial tissue as the foreskin of the penis and the removal of which is no different from removing the foreskin of the penis. It is utterly different from female genital mutliation, its like comparing male foreskin circumcision to sub-incision of the penis.

So here we have the prophet of Islam describing how to do this practice.

He is telling people to not remove the labia, sever the clitoris, and sew it shut.

Moreover, here's a quote from the link above which shows that Islam is propagating this practice

Islam isn't propagating anything. They don't do female genital mutilation amoung persians or arfghans or anywhere else within the 'islamic world'. Its only happening in and around the horn of africa. Muslims are doing it, and christians are doing it.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NygdanHe is saying that its permissible to remove the flap of skin, not tissue, not an organ, that covers the clitoris, which is derived from the same primordial tissue as the foreskin of the penis and the removal of which is no different from removing the foreskin of the penis. It is utterly different from female genital mutliation, its like comparing male foreskin circumcision to sub-incision of the penis.

[...]

Islam isn't propagating anything. They don't do female genital mutilation amoung persians or arfghans or anywhere else within the 'islamic world'. Its only happening in and around the horn of africa. Muslims are doing it, and christians are doing it.

You don't get it:

A: He didn't have to comment at all and if anything, should have condemned.

B: His followers cannot get it right.

Therefore he bears guilt for this practice as do all those who condone it in his name.

It's as if he sees a woman slapping her daughter and then recommends to punch a little softer because it might bruise her face. Neither slapping nor cutting girls should be condoned in a civilized culture.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't know if this is allowed but it seemed appropriate to post.
[ex]
dear Friend,

Female genital cutting, also called female circumcision, has
affected more than 135 million women and girls worldwide.
Complications can include severe bleeding, infection, long-term
difficulties with intercourse and childbirth, even death.

There's no getting around it. The practice of female genital
cutting (also called FGC or female genital mutilation) is
difficult to talk about.

But every day, as many as 6,000 women and girls risk undergoing
this painful, debilitating procedure.

I just took the first step in fighting female genital cutting by
signing a petition to stop FGC. I hope you'll help me fight this
practice by signing your name to the petition as well!

I hope you'll join me. Click on the link below to take action
today:
my.care.org...[\ex]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Female genital cutting (FGC), also called female circumcision, has affected more than 135 million women and girls worldwide. The cutting usually takes place between the ages of 4 and 12 and can cause serious complications including severe bleeding, infection, long-term difficulties with intercourse and childbirth, and even death.

Don't fool, yourself that it does take place in countries all around the world. It happens in England, the US and yes even in Australia.

Please sign the petition. We need all of the help we can get. You might find this link works a bit easier.

www.thepetitionsite.com...

[edit on 12/11/2006 by Lady of the Lake]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join