It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google in bed with CIA?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
According to dailytech.com, former CIA agent Robert David Steele said on Alex Jones' radio show:

Google was a little hypocritical when they were refusing to honor a Department of Justice request for information because they were heavily in bed with the Central Intelligence Agency, the office of research and development

We know that all we do on the internet can be logged, stored on a hard disk, locked away and brought up against us at any given time. We're sending our thoughts, opinions, our habits and dislikes over thousands of miles through countless nodes. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. But what does it mean when "Do no evil" is the mantra of all Google employees, and at the same time they're collaborating with the CIA? Remember, it's not just our search strings they're collecting. We're talking about the implementation of semantic engines, robots, spiders, crawlers, first forms of artificial intelligence and the massive archives of blogs on the Google servers, and the research they're doing on various algorithms, utilities and services - and of course their economic power. Just think about it. I don't know about you, but if I had a plan for world domination on my office wall like Google has, and if I were as serious about it like the CIA is, "mapping global thoughts for oversight of mankinds opinions for better manipulation" would be on top of the list.

According to the article, Steele brought no evidence for his claims. He's an Ex-agent, he could be making things up or exaggarating them. We'll never know.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I just got these news from Spiegel Online who sometimes are a bit lame :-)

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This has been posted elsewhere.
Please join in the discussion:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

join