It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How advanced is the U.S. space program?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well let's see if the patches say they are for space warfare...it's kinda a dead give-a-way on what it is for.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
space warfare could just mean satellites and or anti sattellite warfare not x wings and tie fighters slugging it out with plasma cannons

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dskys
what about the lightning bolt? Laser weaponry?

Lightning bolts often represent communication lines in AF patches. I'd say that is pretty accurate for this patch, since the AF is about Air and Space dominance and you have the satellite 'communicating' with the air based aircraft (F-15 maybe) and the Space based craft. Which also makes sense when you realize caoc is a combined air operations center.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I will tell you this. My husband is in the AF, specifally the Space end of things
so, these threads really interst me....and my husband a LOT.

I will also tell you this. MANY MANY MANY patches floating around out there are made by service members themselves. Especially when they leave one squadron for another. Just because you find a patch, does NOT mean it is the official squadron patch.

My husband has quite a few of them that are YES - jokes.

For example (he wont let me post the picture), someone in his squadron made one w/ a bare ass with icicles on it. The slogan was "Freezing our Ass off so you dont have to".

However, some of the ones posted very well might be real......but like others have said...they are just "mascots"....

Nothing sensister going on.......I can promise you that

[edit on 29-9-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One of my favorites:

The symbolism is meaningful, if you knew the project.

And the Latin inscription is "Tastes like chicken"

Hint - the fork and the alien head are not meaningful. The knife had to be there. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
deleted post

[edit on 9-1-2008 by danwild6]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join