It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How advanced is the U.S. space program?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Look at all these space warfare patches!

More space war patches.

What are these patches? Is the U.S. in a space federation?

Wikpedia Space Innovation & Development Center

50th Space Wing

This is the 50th Space Wing.

The 50th Space Wing, a component of Air Force Space Command, is located at Schriever Air Force Base, Colo. It is responsible for the operations and support of more than 170 Department of Defense satellites. The 50th SW is one of the world’s best space command and control teams that delivers combat power from space for America and its allies.

Does this explain why the U.S. spends 200$ for a hammer and is trillions of dollars in debt? How many other space warfare branches are there? Most of all, why do they use the same symbol as Star Trek? Are we in a federation already?

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is a question which could be very easy : JUST GOD KNOWS IT !

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
That last patch pictured in the frame is VERY intruiging! An actual head of a grey! What is the latin phrase underneath it?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
That last patch pictured in the frame is VERY intruiging! An actual head of a grey! What is the latin phrase underneath it?

Update:

According to 2 latin english translators- the words are not found. Is this NOT Latin?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Let them hate so long as they fear.

Yes it is odd. I originally found it on this link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

given to us by frayed1. The site where I originally found that patch (if you click it) no longer gives the images of those patches. www.usafpatches.com...
That is the link frayed1 gave.

The gallery where that patch originally was says:

Sorry, /gallery DOES NOT EXIST. You will be redirected to the main page in 5 seconds.

I have tried to find the patch again, I have searched long and hard to find it but have never been able to. Sorry.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Update:

According to 2 latin english translators- the words are not found. Is this NOT Latin? Only the word "dum", which I cipher to mean "until"

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Maybe its not Latin maybe its "Alien Talk"

Can we actually confirm first that these badges are infact 100% genuine

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Found this from frayed1's post:

The caption below it reads:
Space Warfare Center
Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities Special Applications Section
Schriever AFB CO
ODERINT DUM METUANT = They May Hate as Long as They Fear

However, the translators don't agree- but I know NOTHING of the logistics of translating Latin.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yes the alien patch means Let them hate so long as they fear.

Yes it is odd. I originally found it on this link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

given to us by frayed1. The site where I originally found that patch (if you click it) no longer gives the images of those patches. www.usafpatches.com...
That is the link frayed1 gave.

The gallery where that patch originally was says:

Sorry, /gallery DOES NOT EXIST. You will be redirected to the main page in 5 seconds.

I have tried to find the patch again, I have searched long and hard to find it but have never been able to. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
interesting patches..'specialy the last one....AF TENCAP =

AF Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (AF TENCAP) (TC)

In 1977 Congress directed the establishment of Air Force TENCAP with three primary missions: exploiting space systems for tactical applications through rapid prototyping projects; influencing the design of future space systems for tactical applications; and educating warfighters about the capabilities and tactical utility of space systems. The SWC serves as the executive agent of AF TENCAP on behalf of warfighters and is teamed with the Space Applications Project Office to develop and provide support to Air Force agencies and the Combat and Mobility Air Forces. AF TENCAP demonstrates leading edge space technologies with potential to enhance combat capabilities of units in the field and transitions these combat systems to warfighters in a timelier manner than through traditional acquisition processes. AF TENCAP is responsible for keeping abreast of the latest technologies and influencing emerging space systems to make them more supportive of fielded combat forces.

who would have guessed the the military has 2 'squadrons' labeled 'space aggressor squadrons'....link
do you think 'they' are not telling us something.....

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
well I dont know how advanced is U.S. space program, but I do know the next major war
will be fought in the outer space

the one who controls the space, the one who controls others' fate.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Gary says he doesn't know.

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."

www.guardian.co.uk...

LEXANDRIA, Virginia (CNN) -- A British hacker managed to obtain "sensitive" but not classified information from computers at a variety of U.S. military installations before being caught, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.

U.S. officials will seek to extradite Gary McKinnon, 36, from London to face trial on the charges, said Paul McNulty, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia. McKinnon has been in British custody during the investigation but was free Tuesday, McNulty said.

"Mr. McKinnon is charged with the biggest military computer hack of all time," McNulty said. "It's probably one of the biggest hacks ever detected."

archives.cnn.com...

Spencer Kelly: Here's your list of charges: you hacked into the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Department of Defense, and Nasa, amongst other things. Why?

Gary McKinnon: I was in search of suppressed technology, laughingly referred to as UFO technology. I think it's the biggest kept secret in the world because of its comic value, but it's a very important thing.

Old-age pensioners can't pay their fuel bills, countries are invaded to award oil contracts to the West, and meanwhile secretive parts of the secret government are sitting on suppressed technology for free energy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It is interesting that they are so interested in putting him away so i reckon he might have taken some interesting screen shots over the years.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow

The last patch is really interesting
as is the first one, but that last one is insane if its real. Why is there an alien head on an airforce patch? I know they use mascots etc.. like a10 pilots have a hog patch etc.. but an alien!

Does anyone know if the last patch is real? Is there some way to verify its authenticity? I mean a patch is a fairly easy thing to have made up with whatever you want on it so it could just be someone having some fun

The first one also caught my eye. As other mentioned whats with the star trek federation thing? and what does the single yellow star signify? They are all white stars except the one in the middle?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Imo the yellow star would represent the sun.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Really interesting thread this one =]
i agree that the yellow star would probably represent the sun?
what about the lightning bolt? Laser weaponry?
v. strange about the typical grey head on a patch!
Peace D

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You guys put way to much thought into these things. Most squadron patches are meant to be a joke, or something humerous/funny. Does anyone even know what a CAOC is? Or are you gonna come up with weird and lame definitions for that also

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by klooney
You guys put way to much thought into these things. Most squadron patches are meant to be a joke, or something humerous/funny. Does anyone even know what a CAOC is? Or are you gonna come up with weird and lame definitions for that also

Please tell us why/how most squadron patches are meant to be a joke, or something humerous/funny? Why would the U.S. do this? Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that these are just jokes? Why would the government create these jokes?
And yes I know what CAOC means it means, " Combined Air Operations Center".

[edit on 8-11-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
klooney is right they are frequently made as a joke, to be humurous etc.. I think mostly to boost moral and create a sense of pride for the people who wear it to work. Kind of like pinup girls on the planes of WW II and even interesting charcters, phrases, sayings etc put on aircraft today. They even write messages on bombs with markers and paint. Look at armor for instance they have all kinds of crazy stuff written on the barrels and other places.

Here is a bit of evidence to get started

[edit on 9-11-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All those come from the same sight and they're obviously alt badges but I can't say who they are for.

The patches I put up come from different sights and they're the official badges for that branch of the AF, they're NOT joke badges.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
those are all real patches AFAIK and not a joke. They are all from the a military patch site and can be purchased! Once again I will say that lots of military units use fictions characters, jokes etc.. to boost moral and create a sense of pride or because they just think its plain cool. So just because there's an alien head on some units patch doesn't mean they have met with them etc.. there are dragons on some unit patches does that mean there are dragons out there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join