It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Nexus editor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I just read a new thread post from the editor of Nexus Magazine and I attempted to respond to the introduction post announcing the new member and it said that I was not able to see the forum. Is it moderator only?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok, here's a quick review to answer the question. The main issue is that the ATS Terms & Conditions state:

4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from AboveTopSecret.com LLP. Your will not choose a username that is the same as website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so may result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account depending on the severity of the material.

4a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of AboveTopSecret.com, LLP. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of these boards is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying AboveTopSecret.com, LLP $2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.

Now, I sent the user a very polite request to simply contact the owners and apologized for having to move his thread off the board. It's a good lesson to other people who are marketing something either on purpose or not.

Just get permission to put a sign on someone's lawn and respect their wishes.

I'm sure all will be well.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, I have to say (if it was him), cool enough that Duncan Roads would have shown up and wanted to be a member, but not good to do it the way he did it. I'm sure it will all be fine once he gets to know the site (if it was really him).

He would definitely make a very cool addition to our membership to have around, his mag puts out some interesting stuff.

[edit on 11/1/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Oh,yeah... The editor of Nexus magazine would be a great new edition to the site..
I hope that it was him and if it was that he returns!1

join