It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google and the CIA? Former employee confession...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
www.dailytech.com...

In reference to Google's fight against the U.S. Department of Justice for the privacy of its users, Steele claims that it was an elaborate charade intended for the public eye.

it.slashdot.org.../11/01/199212&from=rss

DailyTech has an article suggesting that Google might be involved in a partnership with the CIA. The article also quotes a former CIA officer that Google's refusal to comply with the DOJ over privacy issues was 'a little hypocritical [...] because they were heavily in bed with the Central Intelligence Agency.'"

This is taken from a post on that same page.

As a slightly annoyed Google employee (with a good knowledge of proxies!) I can confirm that, although the higher-ups try to keep the question unanswered either way, certain TLAs do pretty much have free run of our various tracking databases.

I cannot say I am surprised. Google is a powerful tool, and the databases could be used for many purposes.

However, what upsets me the most, is that if this is true, than Google lied.

The article states that no empirical evidence was produced. It is possible that the "former employee" is lieing.

But, I have a feeling that he is not.

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 1-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
U.S. intelligence unveils spy version of Wikipedia
Oct 31, 6:39 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. intelligence community on Tuesday unveiled its own secretive version of Wikipedia, saying the popular online encyclopedia format known for its openness is key to the future of American espionage.
reuters.excite.com...

Intelligence community leaders recently unveiled new information-sharing technologies that promise to consolidate links among secret networks, co-opt IT projects into enterprise architecture and launch innovative knowledge distribution systems
www.gcn.com...

Here comes Internet 2 with a bunch of A.L.I.C.E's running things
www.pandorabots.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
U.S. intelligence unveils spy version of Wikipedia
Oct 31, 6:39 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. intelligence community on Tuesday unveiled its own secretive version of Wikipedia, saying the popular online encyclopedia format known for its openness is key to the future of American espionage.
reuters.excite.com...

Even China could be granted access to help produce an unclassified intelligence estimate on the worldwide threat posed by infectious diseases.

Am i the only sane person that thinks its a bad idea to give access to our intellipedia to China? Maybe they think that the Chinese have already stolen so much info from us that they can actually contribute to it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I do not see intellipedia as a bad thing. I think it is just another, perhaps more efficient, way to organize information.

However, sharing the system with China seems like a bad idea.

top topics

join