It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissidents 'behind bomb attacks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Dissident republicans have been blamed for firebomb attacks on a number of stores in Belfast.

The Homebase store on Boucher Road was destroyed in one attack, while nearby Smyth's toystore was also targeted. That blaze was brought under control.

JJB Sports in Anne Street in the city was badly damaged a third attack. Tony Blair has condemned the attacks.

NI Secretary Peter Hain said it was an attempt by dissident republicans to derail the St Andrews Agreement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

its seems the Real IRA are trying their hardest to derail the steps towards power sharing. i hope they do not "up the anti" and start going back to shootings and car bombs attack, that would be reopening a dark chapter in Ireland's history

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think a lot of the key people know that there will be a tiny minority of people who try to stir things up again, and hopefully these attacks will make them even more determined to get an agreement. I hope so, anyway - so much progress has been made over recent years. It'd be such a tragedy to see all that thrown away.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sadly when we see the main political parties dithering, squabbling and generally insisting on creating these political 'vacuums' the danger is the nutter element will try to fill it and set an entirely different agenda.

I agree we must not let these splinter groups derail the process towards normality.

The main political parties here (all of them) must redouble their efforts (ie make some tangible and highly visible efforts.......like, here's a thought, demonstrating a degree of real and actual political leadership and trying to give a lead to the people).

Sitting around waiting to be told what to do as if a mere delegate is not political leadership.

We could do with a hell of a lot less of the acting as if one is merely a total innocent and that it is 'the others' that have it all to do; that is of no help to anyone.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

join